• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked document detailing MS future plans for the Xbox line. 56 pages long.

onQ123

Picture6.jpg

now you see why XBLA games are going to be Windows 8 exclusive , like I said before the new Xbox will be a Windows 8 Box.

...Why? Seriously, what is wrong with a society that (likely) spends hours making a 56 page fictitious document to pass off as a "leak"? It blows my mind. Is there really that many bored people in this world?

nullset2

So many saying its fake. Who the hell other than some company or paid firm would put so much effort into something like that? I really doubt a single individual would sit and make all that shit up.

It's the internet, man.

Bgamer90

Banned
...Why? Seriously, what is wrong with a society that (likely) spends hours making a 56 page fictitious document to pass off as a "leak"? It blows my mind. Is there really that many bored people in this world?

Unfortunately, yes.

A decent number of things in it seemed believable to me though.

McHuj

Xbox '720' makes zero sense.

Because it's not an official name.

Like the internet chose 720 as the name placeholder, probably many in microsoft and the industry did as well. It wouldn't surprise me if the next xbox still didn't have an official name.

Jeff_rigby could probably have written a small book with his speculation on a new PS3 browser and his speculation on the PS4.

Also if true I would say you Jaffe's prediction of the death of dedicated gaming consoles is technically correct. I mean this could fully be a generational leap, but if games get played on high powered set-top boxes they aren't really consoles anymore.

MS finally getting into the living room like they want has been my recent prediction of how they would leave the console market.

Reallink

Probably done as a school project. I did a mock Best Buy pamphlet for a technical writing course.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Seems insanely plausible, but it doesn't say "Microsoft Confidential," which is something I've seen on EVERY internal MS document I've come across, even draft documents.

Anth0ny

What we want Consumers to believe
The ONLY entertainment platform you need in the Living Room.
The best games and entertainment for everyone, in one box.
A $2000 PC experience in a “living room optimized” $300 box.

bahahah

Seems insanely plausible, but it doesn't say "Microsoft Confidential," which is something I've seen on EVERY internal MS document I've come across, even draft documents.

It says "CONFIDENTIAL | FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY" in the top right corner of some of the pages.

you guys would be surprised how internal powerpoints and presentations look at some of these major companies... Certain companies have certain styles. Intel, for example, wants each slide completely filled with ttext/facts/graphs, with a bright yellow box at the bottom of each slide with a sentence summing up the key point. I mean a bright yellow, filled in text box. things you wouldn't want to show in a class project. but it's a part of company culture.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Most obvious fake ever? Page 4 name Apple TV as a threat; solidified its falseness.

Yet, I can't stop reading.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
It says "CONFIDENTIAL | FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY" in the top right corner of some of the pages.
That is not "Microsoft Confidential," which is the standard for all MS stuff.

Desty

Banned
Slide 9: "GPU 64 ALU @ 1GhHz" .... "GPU 48 ALU @ 500 Mhz"

Those parts don't make sense. Graphics cards are up to 512+ shader cores. 64 ALU doesn't make sense to me.

micah

Under the "Additional questions to answer for Todd" section...

"What is the difference in building on non Microsoft device vs building on non microsoft (i.e. androiddevices)?"

My brain hurts from reading.

Top Bottom