• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Zuzzissm0

Sorry if this was asked before but I cant find a solution.

Today I wanted to watch a 3d blu ray with PSVR like the last two weeks. my normal set up is PS4 Pro-> Processor Unit-> 3D Amp-> 3D TV.

But today I dont have my 3D TV here. I used a monitor. All was just fine till i started the blu ray. I dont get any sound out of my amp without my 3D TV. This bugs me hard because i want to get rid of the TV and there is no way Im using headphones fo watching a movie.

Is there a way to get sound out of the amp without a 3D TV?

Hey, OT2. We've come a long way!

I think my next purchase is going to be DiRT Rally, and afterwards I'm looking forward to Farpoint and all the E3 reveals.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
As per the previous thread, can anyone confirm what's the rotation mode in FATED: The Silent Oath? I was told there's no standard rotation method, only snap rotation.

Today I wanted to watch a 3d blu ray with PSVR like the last two weeks. my normal set up is PS4 Pro-> Processor Unit-> 3D Amp-> 3D TV.

But today I dont have my 3D TV here. I used a monitor. All was just fine till i started the blu ray. I dont get any sound out of my amp without my 3D TV. This bugs me hard because i want to get rid of the TV and there is no way Im using headphones fo watching a movie.

If the monitor doesn't support 3D then the signal might not be getting passed through to the amp when the 3d movie is played. A possible solution is if you also have optical out on your amp in addition to HDMI, if you change your audio settings to optical it should output regardless.

As per the previous thread, can anyone confirm what's the rotation mode in FATED: The Silent Oath? I was told there's no standard rotation method, only snap rotation.

Just checked, doesn't seem to be any option for smooth turning just incremental snap options. As somebody who likes smooth turning it is a bit annoying.

Flandy

Welp I ordered some PC VR
Now I get to decide if I want to sell my PSVR and be unable to play all the games I bought for it 🤔

Adree

I haven't played but a review I watched said it's only snap turning sadly.

Zuzzissm0

If the monitor doesn't support 3D then the signal might not be getting passed through to the amp when the 3d movie is played. A possible solution is if you also have optical out on your amp in addition to HDMI, if you change your audio settings to optical it should output regardless.

thanks. i will try this but then i will lose my HD Sound :(

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just got Until Dawn in the sale, holy fucking shit! Game is awesome, it might be an even better VR game than Batman. I had a look at the level select really quickly and it seems my arachnophobia is gonna be a problem.

thanks. i will try this but then i will lose my HD Sound :(

It shouldn't make a difference as the monitor is at the end of the chain, but it might be a limitiation of the PS4 for now. Maybe you could try disconnecting the monitor and see if that works? Nothing is worth losing HD sound over.

Mendrox

Does the monitor even support HDPC? If you start a BluRay HDPC will be on immediately and monitors without HDCP won't work then. Could be connected.

Fliesen

Really excited about fantastic contraption.

I love games that are mostly stationary and mainly go for "immersive object manipulation via the 2 move controllers."

I adored job simulator. Any other games out there like that?

ranmafan

So what's the next big VR title you're looking forward to? For me it's Ace combat :)

Ace Combat will be fun for sure. But right now Im really looking forward to Star Trek. I just hope it turns out well. If that turns out well its going to be a fun ride!

WITHE1982

Only snap rotation. You can choose from 20-75 degrees. I just had it set at 20 as it gave me the most control over my camera position. TBH I it was a little jarring at first but i soon got used to it. I believe the Vive and Rift versions had smooth turning but induced motion sickness so I'm guessing they were removed (unless I've completely missed them).

Sorry for late reply.

Also I'm currently playing Holoball and having a real blast. The soundtrack is amazing, featuring tracks from Dance With The Dead https://youtu.be/qApOLaLYZb0?t=2m15s. If you like synth-wave stuff you'll love it. And boy does it give you a good workout. With the high tempo music and me jumping around like a salmon, I was sweating buckets after around 15 minutes.

https://youtu.be/CG7pIWlBeGg?t=1m2s

Highly recommended for anyone who'd like a more physically demanding PSVR game.

That is weird. Did you post in the OT |OT| ? Maybe someone being anal about the rules (I don't know what the rules are though).

I did ask if if it was meant to be OT or OT2 but nobody knew. Either way the thread is here so it doesn't matter I guess.

(Didn't know the rules either)

Tailzo

I love games that are mostly stationary and mainly go for "immersive object manipulation via the 2 move controllers."

I loved Oh my Genesis VR with the move controllers. You manage a little planet. It's short and very cheap :)

Turkoop

Banned
C8LT-Z8UwAEAQdn.jpg

And bought Until Dawn, Batman, Robinson and Driveclub :)

I'm not too far into it yet but I think you will like Tethered.

WITHE1982

And bought Until Dawn, Batman, Robinson and Driveclub :)

baker-family-light-475x267.jpg

Welcome to the family son. (hint, hint - buy RE7)

Some good game choices there as well. Until Dawn and Batman are two of the best VR experiences I've had.

I've only played the Driveclub demo but very much enjoyed it.

I've yet to play Robinson as I'm waiting for its first price drop.

I'd start with Batman TBH. It'll knock your socks off.

I'm starting to look for one but recently I had a setback and now I'm not so sure I should get it.

Context: I played The Witness a few weeks ago, and for the first time in more than a decade had motion sickness so severe that I couldn't even work properly for a day. Now I'm starting to doubt if I should buy the PSVR since here I can't just get a refund at the store easily as many of you can.

Plus, I wear glasses and I heard that some had problems with it, with the screen scratching and stuff, and I'm not planning on going back to contacts anytime soon.

I'm starting to look for one but recently I had a setback and now I'm not so sure I should get it.

Context: I played The Witness a few weeks ago, and for the first time in more than a decade had motion sickness so severe that I couldn't even work properly for a day. Now I'm starting to doubt if I should buy the PSVR since here I can't just get a refund at the store easily as many of you can.

Plus, I wear glasses and I heard that some had problems with it, with the screen scratching and stuff, and I'm not planning on going back to contacts anytime soon.

Regarding glasses. The face unit (goggles) slide in and out. Just be careful not to slide it too close to your glasses and you'll be fine. My friend's glasses scratched mine and Sony replaced it for free. Only took about a week to get a replacement through warranty.

If I were you I would try to demo it again specifically with a couple games you are intent on playing. VR in general is not for everyone. I am told that people can build up tolerance to sickness by starting with short sessions and building up to longer play times. I was also able to get a refund on one PSN purchase (game did not have a demo) because it caused me physical discomfort. Generally it is only "movement" type games that cause sickness and it is imperative that you get your viewing setup properly adjusted before playing -- so if you do demo it again make sure you take your time on that apsect.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Just a note but the special characters (e.g. move compatibility) don't make any sense and make the title compatibility and features hard to read. Would change to abbreviations or full text if I were you. Otherwise awesome :)

Regarding glasses. The face unit (goggles) slide in and out. Just be careful not to slide it too close to your glasses and you'll be fine. My friend's glasses scratched mine and Sony replaced it for free. Only took about a week to get a replacement through warranty.

If I were you I would try to demo it again specifically with a couple games you are intent on playing. VR in general is not for everyone. I am told that people can build up tolerance to sickness by starting with short sessions and building up to longer play times. I was also able to get a refund on one PSN purchase (game did not have a demo) because it caused me physical discomfort. Generally it is only "movement" type games that cause sickness and it is imperative that you get your viewing setup properly adjusted before playing -- so if you do demo it again make sure you take your time on that apsect.

Thanks, my biggest fear is that of few games that I want to play some are the ones people are having the most problems with (Driveclub VR, for an example). I'm only interested in racing games for now, and Ace Combat.

Thanks, my biggest fear is that of few games that I want to play some are the ones people are having the most problems with (Driveclub VR, for an example). I'm only interested in racing games for now, and Ace Combat.

Driveclub VR has a demo. And you might want to try the Eve Valkyrie demo to see how you do with flying games. While Dirt Rally VR was too much for me, I find I am able to play those two demos without too much problem.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Is Ace Combat a 100% VR or is it just some missions?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Starblood Arena trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOsDp3ZLTXo

Just checked, doesn't seem to be any option for smooth turning just incremental snap options. As somebody who likes smooth turning it is a bit annoying.

I haven't played but a review I watched said it's only snap turning sadly.

Only snap rotation. You can choose from 20-75 degrees. I just had it set at 20 as it gave me the most control over my camera position. TBH I it was a little jarring at first but i soon got used to it. I believe the Vive and Rift versions had smooth turning but induced motion sickness so I'm guessing they were removed (unless I've completely missed them).

Sorry for late reply.

Also I'm currently playing Holoball and having a real blast. The soundtrack is amazing, featuring tracks from Dance With The Dead https://youtu.be/qApOLaLYZb0?t=2m15s. If you like synth-wave stuff you'll love it. And boy does it give you a good workout. With the high tempo music and me jumping around like a salmon, I was sweating buckets after around 15 minutes.

https://youtu.be/CG7pIWlBeGg?t=1m2s

Highly recommended for anyone who'd like a more physically demanding PSVR game.

Thanks for the replies. This is rather weird, as the PC version of FATED: The Silent Oath has got standard in addition to snap rotation. Why will they remove standard rotation from the PSVR version? Even if it induce sickness, its not like you can't switch to snap rotation or those virtual markers (which I use as you can see)
88U9O5T.jpg

antibolo

Banned
Yesterday I tried Oculus Rift CV for the first time.

Couldn't even fit my glasses in the stupid headset. What a piece of garbage.

This gave me a new appreciation for PSVR.

Also it's a real waste that Superhot is Xbox console exclusive.

Zuzzissm0

It shouldn't make a difference as the monitor is at the end of the chain, but it might be a limitiation of the PS4 for now. Maybe you could try disconnecting the monitor and see if that works? Nothing is worth losing HD sound over.

without TV or Monitor connected its the same problem.

Does the monitor even support HDPC? If you start a BluRay HDPC will be on immediately and monitors without HDCP won't work then. Could be connected.
it has HDCP

Symbiotx

So what's the next big VR title you're looking forward to? For me it's Ace combat :)

I'm really looking forward to Farpoint!

I gotta say though, I love the multiple uses of this thing... 3d movies are great, and I use the headset as a second screen so me and the gf can play games with eachother like Overwatch.

WITHE1982

Thanks for the replies. This is rather weird, as the PC version of FATED: The Silent Oath has got standard in addition to snap rotation. Why will they remove standard rotation from the PSVR version? Even if it induce sickness, its not like you can't switch to snap rotation or those virtual markers (which I use as you can see)

Funnily enough just looking at your images the horse and cart sections on PSVR used standard rotation by default (I remember as it made me feel a little dizzy) but then when on foot you're forced back to snap rotation. You do however have access to all visual aids (cubes, lines, ground markers etc...)

I'll double check when I get in tonight but I'm 99% sure you could only use snap whilst on foot. I looked for a smooth turning option for a fair few minutes when I first started the game.

Just doing a quick check online and it appears there is no smooth turning on PSVR.

https://youtu.be/kHSJxmE6CDE?t=2m44s

bumpkin

Is FATED any good? I watched a little bit of that video linked in the previous post and it looks interesting.

Shoeless

Yesterday I tried Oculus Rift CV for the first time.

Couldn't even fit my glasses in the stupid headset. What a piece of garbage.

This gave me a new appreciation for PSVR.

Also it's a real waste that Superhot is Xbox console exclusive.

Yeah, for people that wear glasses, the comfort of other headsets can be an issue. I got a chance to try the earlier prototype models of Oculus before release and immediately felt the entire headset pushing my glasses against my skin, and it eventually got painful. PS VR negates that entirely.

antibolo

Banned
Yeah, for people that wear glasses, the comfort of other headsets can be an issue. I got a chance to try the earlier prototype models of Oculus before release and immediately felt the entire headset pushing my glasses against my skin, and it eventually got painful. PS VR negates that entirely.

I just don't understand how this seems to be such a low priority for Oculus and HTC. Aren't there any people working at these companies who wear glasses??

Granted not everyone who wears glasses is as myopic as I am, but I am not some weird statistical anomaly, either.

Is FATED any good? I watched a little bit of that video linked in the previous post and it looks interesting.

Just finished it. It is decent and want more, only criticisms are that it ends just as it starts to get going and that I can't use smooth turning.

MattAces

Judging by the screen shots and gameplay video I don't see how this is going to use the aim controller since so much of it is designed around dual wielding guns. Maybe a separate mode or something?

Got another confirmation from the dev.
https://twitter.com/DickWildeGame/status/847895792312619008

"We'll reveal more in the coming months. We've got a few special plans we can't discuss just yet "
"So we'll have a few extra aim specific features in game. Possibly some new weapons "

Top Bottom