• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Overwatch perfectly fills the space in my life that I used to try and fill with fighting games.

A selection of characters that play uniquely, matchups, special moves, supers.

Maybe Injustice 2 will change things with decent netcode. We'll see.

I'm kind of like that, too. Hero shooters have overtaken my interest in fighting games lately. Though, I've fallen off of Overwatch after getting into the closed betas of LawBreakers and Quake: Champions. I like them better, but OW is still fun when I feel like playing it. KOF XIV still has my attention, but that's all right now.

That said, I plan on playing the hell out of Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 when they come out.

So yesterday was the first time in a long time I tuned in to watch a tournament. E league. And wow the viewers seem very low. They barely cracked 20k. I remember even in 2015 the final days of usfiv streams were hitting 50k+ and almost 100k and sometimes 100k+ on finals. With Evo breaking 200k+ easy. Is fighting game viewership dying or just sfv viewership is dying?

Tripon

So yesterday was the first time in a long time I tuned in to watch a tournament. E league. And wow the viewers seem very low. They barely cracked 20k. I remember even in 2015 the final days of usfiv streams were hitting 50k+ and almost 100k and sometimes 100k+ on finals. With Evo breaking 200k+ easy. Is fighting game viewership dying or just sfv viewership is dying?

Why are you comparing a Friday night stream to EVO sunday night?

Skilletor

I watched it on TV. Just like 150k others last group, and 200k others the first night.

pizzacat

Banned
I'm kind of like that, too. Hero shooters have overtaken my interest in fighting games lately. Though, I've fallen off of Overwatch after getting into the closed betas of LawBreakers and Quake: Champions. I like them better, but OW is still fun when I feel like playing it. KOF XIV still has my attention, but that's all right now.

That said, I plan on playing the hell out of Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 when they come out.
The thing with quake was that I didn't feel the need to change or even use anyone besides quake guy

The telefrag power he got is sick

No one understands how to use it even on its later days of the beta being open

MrCarter

That's because it was broadcast live on TV. Even Ginx (an E-Sports TV channel) got the rights from TBS to broadcast here in the EU. I think the first broadcast of the TBS show got around 200K viewers and possibly more if we included the Ginx ratings too.

TNL+Infographic+032.png

The thing with quake was that I didn't feel the need to change or even use anyone besides quake guy

The telefrag power he got is sick

No one understands how to use it even on its later days of the beta being open

I wish I could talk about the game on GAF more, but there's an NDA.

But uh...I will say that Ranger's the perfect choice as their free to play character.

It's even weirder in real life.

I won't lie--if I was at that tournament watching the Tekken 7 top 8, I would have had the biggest smile on my face watching The Phantom play his Master Raven and doing his goofy faces and poses. People like that greatly amuse me, so good on Phantom for doing well at the tournament~

I won't lie--if I was at that tournament watching the Tekken 7 top 8, I would have had the biggest smile on my face watching The Phantom play his Master Raven and doing his goofy faces and poses. People like that greatly amuse me, so good on Phantom for doing well at the tournament~

Ahh yeah it was great fun and made it more enjoyable when Fergus beat him.

Phantom got a solid round of applause after the end of the tournament. The Irish fgc and whole room (except one guy) were against him but we are still all lovely cunts at the end of the day and phantom did bring hype.

shaowebb

So I hear there was an MvCI press event in Germany a few days ago and that the embargo lifts at the end of the week. There are some big surprises in store, which I'm not going to spoil out of respect to Capcom.
^ From the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite thread.

Maybe we'll hear something soon folks.

pizzacat

Banned
Yeah because remember the sfv pre threads, before those threads would become "I'm scared of tits and ass and so should you" it would be "man I hope *insert useless character I just googled to seem knowledgeable here* is in"

Also close to no one in those threads even bought the game

Gaf loves to hype things up, they like to think of the "could be", that's why people started giving a shit about scale bound when it got cancelled. You can't be disappointed by a game that didn't come out

shaowebb

Mahvel thread need no news to go on
7K posts over nothing

Yup. I pop by occassionally to see if anything concrete has hit. Nothing so far. Its an echo chamber of hype. This is as close as its come in awhile though. Wouldn't be surprised if a new article hits within the week on event hubs about it lol.

Dahbomb

You guys are just jealous you don't have the inside scoop like Ryce does.

He isn't going to reveal any information because he wants to keep his sources. That's how this thing works.

MrCarter

If Ryce actually knows shit, he should say what it is. If he doesn't, then he should shut up.

Why should he have to say anything? I think we should be glad to have someone with a bit of inside knowledge as to when news might drop, it helps to generate a bit of buzz and hype across the forum that Capcom can't give to us yet. So no, he shouldn't have to say shit.

Tripon

Good thing that he doesn't care about your opinion then, i'm sure a lot of people on the MvC:I topic are happy to know that they'll know more about the game in a few days.

You guys are just jealous you don't have the inside scoop like Ryce does.

He isn't going to reveal any information because he wants to keep his sources. That's how this thing works.
How does this work? Actual sources give actual information, not vague promises.

Dahbomb

How does this work? Actual sources give actual information, not vague promises.
He has information, he knows what's coming but he's not going to reveal it on GAF otherwise his source gets exposed. That's how it works.

Like if you had a small press event at Germany where only a handful of press people showed up and then that information gets leaked within a couple of days.... it's not hard to narrow down the source.

Why should he have to say anything?

Because he's attention whoring otherwise. I like lupinko after talking with him, but the shit he was doing with marvel 3 is the same thing. If you're going to respect the NDA, then actually do it and keep your mouth closed. Don't dance around it going "i know some stuff but I can't telllllll youuuuuuu :3"

Dahbomb

Because he's attention whoring otherwise. I like lupinko after talking with him, but the shit he was doing with marvel 3 is the same thing. If you're going to respect the NDA, then actually do it and keep your mouth closed. Don't dance around it going "i know some stuff but I can't telllllll youuuuuuu :3"

So how does that help you? That's useless info to you. You still dont know shit.

This is why these folks don't get insider information and others do.

Doomshine

Ahh yeah it was great fun and made it more enjoyable when Fergus beat him.

Phantom got a solid round of applause after the end of the tournament. The Irish fgc and whole room (except one guy) were against him but we are still all lovely cunts at the end of the day and phantom did bring hype.

Phantom is amazing and from what I hear he's a nice guy too, so I see no reason to hate him.

Tripon

This is why these folks don't get insider information and others do.
Ryce doesn't have insider info. He's not a source. He's not a reporter, or a journalist. He's just a guy who wants attention. And the fact that I spent 3 posts saying the guy is trying to stir up drama and people shouldn't fall for it is both hilarious and sad.

Dahbomb

Ryce doesn't have insider info. He's not a source. He's not a reporter, or a journalist. He's just a guy who wants attention. And the fact that I spent 3 posts saying the guy is trying to stir up drama and people shouldn't fall for it is both hilarious and sad.
You know this for a fact? Willing to put up currency on it? Will easily take Beef's money too if he wants in on this action (or a real avatar bet this time).

And yes it is sad and hilarious.

pizzacat

Banned
Do you need a gofundme? You're always willing to be it all on nonsense, this is obviously some type of gambling addiction. I only know this because I'm an insider with the mental health system trust me

NEO0MJ

These last few posts...
Someone please bet on something...ANYTHING!

Edit: New page, hmmm~...Anyone else curious to see which will cause a bigger splash, Injustice or Tekken? Injustice seems like the obvious guess but Tekken seems to have a lot of positive buzz as well.

Top Bottom