• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything should automatically go in your download list. What if I'm on vacation and not beside my PS3? I lose out on that week or months content. It's so stupid. The download list would be cluttered as fuck but thats another thing they need to work on. I have hundreds of items in my download list and its a chore to go through. They need to organize it by format, ie, demos, games, dlc, etc instead of lumping everything into one long list. Maybe even add a PSN+ section in your download list to make things even easier.

criesofthepast said:
Everything should automatically go in your download list. What if I'm on vacation and not beside my PS3? I lose out on that week or months content. It's so stupid. The download list would be cluttered as fuck but thats another thing they need to work on. I have hundreds of items in my download list and its a chore to go through. They need to organize it by format, ie, demos, games, dlc, etc instead of lumping everything into one long list. Maybe even add a PSN+ section in your download list to make things even easier.

This.

Even if they had only three categories (Purchased content, Free content, PlayStation Plus content), it would be so much better.

anddo0

criesofthepast said:

This shouldn't be a PS+ feature.. It needs to be standard. The download list navigation is a mess. I'm surprised Sony hasn't addressed this yet.

jigglywiggly said:
Last 10 games you played, just.

Doesn't it also check the next 10 games (and so on) if the first 10 games had no updates?

btw, regarding disc-based games, do you need the disc in the PS3 for it to be able to download an update? And are very old PS3 games added to your last-played list as well?

also a final question: it bases the download on the game version itself, right? i.e. it doesn't download patches from my PSN region for import games from another region?

regarding the cluttered two PS Store and PSN download lists: I think they said in one of the ps blog comments that they know it has to change. So we can hope for future firmware/PSN updates (and I highly doubt this will be PSN+ exclusive).

AndyD

aka andydumi
SolidusDave said:
Doesn't it also check the next 10 games (and so on) if the first 10 games had no updates?

btw, regarding disc-based games, do you need the disc in the PS3 for it to be able to download an update? And are very old PS3 games added to your last-played list as well?

also a final question: it bases the download on the game version itself, right? i.e. it doesn't download patches from my PSN region for import games from another region?

regarding the cluttered two PS Store and PSN download lists: I think they said in one of the ps blog comments that they know it has to change. So we can hope for future firmware/PSN updates (and I highly doubt this will be PSN+ exclusive).

It does move on to the next 10 then next 10 and so forth. But they need to have been played after Plus came out. Otherwise they are not on the "recent" list. So if you have not booted a game in a year, it will never be looked at. So I went to booted every game in turn and skipped updates so this way it will know to look at it.

The disc does not have to be in the drive for a disc game to update.

As to region, no clue.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Here is my post from the other thread with the sum of US/Canada offerings in July, some are now gone, but for the record:

► Free Games and DLC

PSN games:
○ WipEout HD
○ Critter Crunch

PS1 Games:
○ Rally Cross
○ Syphon Filter

Minis:
○ Age of Zombies
○ Fieldrunners
○ Kahoots

DLC:
○ Warhawk Fallen Star Pack
○ Cuboid Booster Pack
○ Cuboid Bundle Pack
○ Cuboid Level Editor
○ Magic Orbz Booster Pack
○ Magic Orbz Jungle Pack
○ Magic Orbz Winter Pack
○ Smash Cars: Virus Run
○ Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom Booster Pack

► Qore
○ Episode 26 (Free)

► PSN + Only Early Demo
○ Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (1.38 GB) - I think this is on the regular store now, but it was exclusively available early.

► Full Game Free Trials

○ inFAMOUS – Full Game Trial

► Avatars
○ MAG Avatars x3 (Free)
○ Fat Princess: Pink/Blue Princess Avatars
○ LittleBigPlanet – Sackboy Avatar (Free)
○ Heavy Rain Origami Swan Avatar

► Themes
○ King Zumo Theme (Free)
○ Collision Theme
○ MAG Raven Dynamic Theme
○ MAG S.V.E.R. Dynamic Theme
○ MAG Valor Dynamic Theme
○ Bloody Escape Theme

► PSN+ Sale Items

○ Fat Princess: Fat Roles Expansion Pack ($3.99)
○ Gauntlet II ($2.50)
○ Mortal Kombat II ($2.50)
○ Rampage ($2.50)
○ Rampart ($2.50)
○ Cuboid ($7.99)
○ Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos ($7.99)
○ Magic Orbz ($7.99)
○ Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom ($7.99)
○ Smash Cars ($11.99)
○ Wakeboarding HD ($11.99)
○ Hamsterball ($3.99)
○ Super Stardust HD ($5.00)
○ Super Stardust HD Team Add-on ($2.50)
○ Super Stardust HD Solo Add-on ($2.50)
○ Gravity Crash ($5.00)
○ Resistance Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack ($3.00)
○ echochrome ($5.00)
○ Resistance 2 Skin Bundle ($2.00)
○ Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, original price $5.99)
○ Super Street Fighter IV PSN Avatar Bundle ($4.99) - Includes 35 Super Street Fighter IV Avatars

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is Rally Cross gone?

If I missed that & Wipeout I'm going to be so fucking pissed.

AndyD

aka andydumi
recklessmind said:

I have a feeling some will be angry they did not get in on earlier stuff. As the volume mounts, more and more people will regret not jumping on early on.

Ill have to say the auto update feature pretty much makes the whole thing worth it for me so far.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
AndyD said:
I have a feeling some will be angry they did not get in on earlier stuff. As the volume mounts, more and more people will regret not jumping on early on.

Ill have to say the auto update feature pretty much makes the whole thing worth it for me so far.

I just didn't realize it was timed offers... probably should have. I wasn't following PS+ very closely, but I jumped on it as soon as I heard about the Wipeout thing. Few days too late though. :/

Realizing I also missed Rally Cross is insult to injury.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
The demo situation is already mediocre on PS3, I don't know why they would create more walls for content. So far it seems half baked and ill considered, much like the birth of home. A large friends list and only one devoted gaffer has jumped in to the revenue trickler.

AndyD

aka andydumi
recklessmind said:
I just didn't realize it was timed offers... probably should have. I wasn't following PS+ very closely, but I jumped on it as soon as I heard about the Wipeout thing. Few days too late though. :/

Realizing I also missed Rally Cross is insult to injury.

Same here, I meant to sign up in July and did so but I missed Wipeout. I already had it, but I would have liked to add it to the DL list just in case. I wanted to wait and see the August offers, then got caught up with other stuff.

Well learn for next time!

Minamu

They should've made the yearly fee twice as high or something and free dlc for all games. That, I'd pay for :D

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
PSN+ has been amazing for me so far. I really love short games so getting a batch of them every month is great. Plus I never would've even looked into any of these gems - Age of Zombies, Fieldrunners, Syphon Filter, etc.

I so want to subscribe to this PSN+ service and add the cool "+" sign to my name, but SONY just doesn't give me a good reason to subscribe, I just don't see the value yet IMO

Loudninja

jvm said:
Updated with the discounted hardware warranty offer announced today. Appears to be U.S.-only and PS3-only right now.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-plus-discounted-playstation-protection-plan/
PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to purchase a two year PS3 plan for 25% off (PlayStation Plus price $44.99, original price $59.99) Considering the PS3 one year plan is $44.99, PLUS members get two years for the price of one! In order to qualify for any of the plans, your PlayStation 3 must still be within its one-year original manufacturer’s warranty.

This is the important part.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Loudninja said:

Edit: the PS blog comments are so annoying sometimes.

Yep. The blurb I added in my OP says as much. If I hadn't purchased a 2-year warranty from Wal-mart when I bought my slim at the end of February, I'd possibly consider this. However, the 2-year warranty (which begins at the end of the first year of ownership) that Wal-mart offered me was cheaper than $45, as I recall...

AndyD

aka andydumi
Loudninja said:

I guess it has to be in warranty for them to offer a continued warranty.

I have a second year for my slim for buying with Visa Platinum, so no worries there.

As to the price point, not sure. I guess early on it would have been really nice, but now it seems the Slims are fine.

Lothars

The Omega Man said:
I so want to subscribe to this PSN+ service and add the cool "+" sign to my name, but SONY just doesn't give me a good reason to subscribe, I just don't see the value yet IMO

I think there's value especially if you don't have many games that you bought on PSN but I have it and I don't regret subscribing at all.

tirminyl

criesofthepast said:

Agreed. I keep using the Blog.Share to add the ability for users to select the type of content they want to download themselves, and I've spammed them about a filtered download list or your own personal playstation store that lists and filters the content you purchased. None of my suggestions or ideas have shown up in the share section. I've also posted on the blog and sent suggestions through their email.

jvm said:
Updated with the discounted hardware warranty offer announced today. Appears to be U.S.-only and PS3-only right now.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-plus-discounted-playstation-protection-plan/

While this is nice for those that just purchased their PS3's it would be even better if they offered discount pricing for out of warranty repairs at the very least.

AndyD

aka andydumi
tirminyl said:
While this is nice for those that just purchased their PS3's it would be even better if they offered discount pricing for out of warranty repairs at the very least.

Good idea. Make it $120 instead of $150.

Curufinwe

Hmm, I guess I should get it.

I ordered my PS3 from Dell for $255 in early September last year, so this would only bring the total cost up to $300.

[EDIT] Oh, the discount is only for Plus members. Guess I'm just going to trust to luck for the next two years then.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Updated with latest US & Canada information. The discounted games & free DLC lists are quite large.

darkwing

jvm said:
Updated with latest US & Canada information. The discounted games & free DLC lists are quite large.

thanks for info, hmm too bad there isn't a convenient way to check for Asia PSN+ info

Lothars

I am really Frustrated not with Sony but with the store, I tried to buy Pixeljunk Racers but they took it off the store now, you can only get Pixeljunk racers 2nd lap.

When I tried to buy Pixeljunk racers last week I made a mistake and bought 2nd lap but I wanted the original Pixeljunk racers, well I went back on to try to purchase it before the store update and it's no longer on the store as of this morning, it doesn't even make a difference if you have the demo and try to buy it from the store.

I have contacted Sony about this and nothing as well.

anyone have any suggestions?

I just wanted to get into betas mostly.

$50 later no LBP2 beta or Dead Nation :(

Love the free PS1 games and Minis, sadly tho I own everything else theyve given out as well as the trial demo's.

Lothars said:
anyone have any suggestions?

2nd lap replaced the original Racers.
The first is now only available if you already bought it (in which case you get 2nd lap for free as a second "version")

A very strange thing just happened to me.

I was downloading the psn plus games, and I bought Tomb Raider. I was pressing the games with the golden plus without paying too much attention, so I realized to late that Tomb Raider was not free, it was 9'99€ and I bought it (with the autofill wallet i didn't even realise).

What happened here? Tomb Raider was free but is not now? Why it still have the gold plus sign?

Edit: Oh, nice. I checked European Playstation Blog and Tomb Raider was a "early access" to buy it, not the PSX free game of the month. Mental note, don't click in PSN+ with the brain turned off.

Gattsu25

Banned
I got PS+ one night, drunk, thinking that I need to resubscribe to Qore.

Since then, I have not viewed a single episode of Qore or downloaded any PS+ ... anything.

ugh.

No45

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010...-offer-and-content-for-september-and-october/

September and October content for EU +. Still amazed at the September content. :)

Here’s the list of great content that is available to Plus members from September 1st – October 5th

PSN: Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)
minis: Vector Tower Defense, Echoes
PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Full Game Trial: Warhawk (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase), Inferno Pool
Exclusive Discounts: LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack – 50%, Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50%, Warhawk – 50%, Pixel Junk Shooter – 20%
DLC: Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme, Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme
Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar, Eye Pet DJ Avatar

And here is what you can expect to see from the 6th October – 2nd November

PSN: Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
minis: Aero Racer, Yeti Sports
PSOne Classic: Syphon Filter
Full Game Trial: Gravity Crash (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase), Hustle Kings (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)
Exclusive Discounts: Burn Zombie Burn (inc. free exclusive Home item for Plus members who buy)
Dynamic themes: Exclusive Move ‘Start the Party’ theme, Exclusive ‘Halloween’ theme
Premium avatars: Pain: Jarvis and Le Toot Avavtars, SingStar: Wannabe and Rising Star Avatars

Also, new signups get R&C: Quest for Booty free.

Holy crap that's a nice September for EU. Getting Quest for Booty is a sweet deal for new signups. Wonder what NA is getting this month.

elektrixx

Banned
When PSN pushed the RUSE demo to me I got home at about 5:00pm and it was still downloading, even though my set time is 12pm - 2pm.

Stupid console.

got my subscription day 1 and im pretty sure it has paid for itself...maybe even twice over

one thing i havent seen mentioned: i know about automatic updates, but sometimes i will start a regular d/l from the store...like a demo or something...turn the ps3 off before the d/l is done...turn it on the next day and the demo will be finished and installed. thats included in auto update?

hiro4

Now, for all those who haven’t signed up to Plus yet, here’s just one more reason! Sign up for a 1 year membership between the 1st September and 5th October and you will get all the great features of Plus AND a copy of the great PS3 game Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty, completely free and yours to keep forever.

Wow!
That is damn nice!
Too bad I won't get it :(

darkwing

Rollo Larson said:
got my subscription day 1 and im pretty sure it has paid for itself...maybe even twice over

one thing i havent seen mentioned: i know about automatic updates, but sometimes i will start a regular d/l from the store...like a demo or something...turn the ps3 off before the d/l is done...turn it on the next day and the demo will be finished and installed. thats included in auto update?

yup it does that to what i've noticed

Just noticed the Creat games have been reduced in price again for Plus, perhaps with the purpose of lessening the insult of some of these games costing less for Non-Plus members now than they did for Plus members last month.

Finally pulling the trigger on Cuboid and ... maybe Magic ball, considering I swiped all the free DLC previously at $4.79 each (?).

Effect

Do you get "free" games every year you sign up (with the games changing each year) or is that a one time deal?

criesofthepast said:
Holy crap that's a nice September for EU. Getting Quest for Booty is a sweet deal for new signups. Wonder what NA is getting this month.
This is what scares me the most! I feel like buying a few games but I'll be fucking pissed when they are available for free as PSN+! :p

AndyD

aka andydumi
Effect said:
Do you get "free" games every year you sign up (with the games changing each year) or is that a one time deal?

I think they will run sign up bonuses frequently, so you can get more than one, or one every time you pay for a year's worth.

So uhm.. they didn't update the PSN+ page in the PAL stores. Only way to get (most but not even all) the September stuff is to search it yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom