• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 PC Performance Thread

Mononoke

Banned
Didn't MaLdo release a file that gave better performance for the beta?

Sorry if I'm mistaken, I wasn't around for the full beta. Just thought I read that in passing.

Haunted

Ahead of its time.

No wonder Yerli was talking it up in comparison to games targeting next generation hardware. It seems to be one of them.

edit: I want to link of the thread trying to prepare people that the next year will require people to upgrade their PCs to stay ahead in game performance. Looks like Crytek is (again) leading the charge.

Anyone with an HD 7970 here? All I see is nvidia -_-
I'm gonna get this game for free with my future 7970, so I wanted to see how it performs on it.

kharma45

I'm gonna get this game for free with my future 7970, so I wanted to see how it performs on it.

Roughly this with the beta 4 drivers, can't find anything for beta 5 which is even faster again.

c3%20h%201920.jpg

Is there an option to turn off AO. Usually when games are dipping lower than I would like that is the first thing I turn down or completely off to get a huge boost in performance.

Glad I didn't get this right away. Will wait a bit till it gets optimized a bit.

KKRT00

Is there an option to turn off AO. Usually when games are dipping lower than I would like that is the first thing I turn down or completely off to get a huge boost in performance.

Glad I didn't get this right away. Will wait a bit till it gets optimized a bit.

Default SSAO is really cheap in CryEngine 3.

Moff

this is what the games looks like on my i7-3820, 16GB RAM with a GTX680

top is medium settings with 1xAA, mostly 60fps with lots of dips to 30-40
bottom is very high settings (maximum) with 4xAA, mostly locked to 30 fps, occasional dips to 40 and 20

not 100% sure on what setting I'll finish the game

Trojan X

Banned
Roughly this with the beta 4 drivers, can't find anything for beta 5 which is even faster again.

I don't understand. How can the GTX 590 out perform the GTX 680? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Do you have any insight on this, my friend?

Vitor711

Running with everything on high except for Textures and Objects which are on Very High, I also have SMAA on medium (2xTX) and the game is at a resolution of 1920x1080.

Getting a constant 30FPS on my laptop - 680m and i7-3630QM.

For anyone saying that Crytek can't optimise for shit - this is the best looking game I have ever seen. It's breathtaking visually. First mission isn't a great measure of this but as soon as you get to the more open and natural enviroments... HOLY HECK.

Crytek promised a game that would cripple GPUs due to how advanced it was and they delivered.

Mononoke

Banned

Sweet. Has anyone tried it on the full version? (Not sure if it would even work, given it was for the Beta MP).

I have a GTX 680 2b SLI setup, and with EVERYTHING maxed out (4 TXA) the game runs like ass. 25-30 fps, with dips. I turned my TXA down to medium, and it didn't really change the FPS.

So I eventually switched to the lowest MSA setting - and now it runs 45-55 FPS. Much much better. Game is actually fluid again. I should also note, I'm playing at 2560x1600p. And TBH, I can't even tell the difference from going to TXA to MSAA. Still looks gorgeous. Also for those wondering, with EVERYTHING maxed out, I wasn't going over 2gb of memory. Even in heavy intensive/wide open areas. But I'm not that far into the game yet.

Gibbo

7970 here. Getting really bad performance tho. 13.12 Beta 5 drivers. Game seems to lock itself at 30fps during most of the 1st stage- occasionally jumping into the 50s

antitrop

I don't understand. How can the GTX 590 out perform the GTX 680? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Do you have any insight on this, my friend?
The GTX 590 has been the best GPU available for almost the last year, and the highest end GPU available for the year before that.

It's two underclocked 580's on one board.

I have one and it's been great, won't be looking to upgrade for at least another year. Next time I'll just go with a real SLI setup, though. the X90 series GPUs are pretty finicky. You can imagine the troubles that arise with two GPUs on one board. Especially the heat. Runs games like a beast, though.

ee4.png

kitch9

Banned
Cryostasis finally has competition for worst performing game ever.

I don't know what hoodoo Crytek do but I played Crysis 1 at an average of around 25-30 fps because I refused to turn stuff off and it actually felt playable still, even on a mouse.

Saying that I may play this with a controller to negate that 30fps feeling you get with a mouse.

Makes me appreciate my 720p projector :)

I don't anticipate performance problems at that red with my 670.

Same here, i've got an Eizo monitorsthat does 1:1 hardware scaling. If i am hurting for frames with my 670 PE i simple drop down to 1680x1050. The displayed image is smaller (black border around the perimeter) but the reduction in pixel rendering significantly improves performance.

1920x1200 = 2,304,000 pixels
1680x1050 = 1,764,000 pixels
appoximately 26% less pixels

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So very high settings is max I reckon? ( disregarding AA ) After the crackpot nomenclature used for the Crysis 2 presets you can never be too sure.

Vitor711

So very high settings is max I reckon? ( disregarding AA ) After the crackpot nomenclature used for the Crysis 2 presets you can never be too sure.

Yeah, they actually have 'low' and 'medium' now. Very High is max. Judging by comparison screens there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the higher settings but regardless, the game is a stunner.

I think it looks even better in motion than the screens give it justice. The first time I got to the section with the close-ups posted above, my jaw dropped.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Remember kids:
cl_fov 80 (or your chosen variable) changes the main field of view
r_drawnearfov 80 (or your chosen variable) changes the view model (first person gun) field of view

Nokterian

FlyVPN not working,tried to put it in the right window,getting the exe there and trying to start it then i got a message will be released on the 21st. But those screen look amazing though.

Eideka

Banned
Remember kids:
cl_fov 80 (or your chosen variable) changes the main field of view
r_drawnearfov 80 (or your chosen variable) changes the view model (first person gun) field of view

The beta came with a FOV slider, I assume the final game will too.

Top Bottom