• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Ayumi

Necro is so OP, lol. But I enjoy it anyway. Probably gonna be nerfed a little sooner or later.

8000th thread post, btw~ \(○^ω^○)/
Edit: Or not. :( Was idling on the tab too long. lol

IceMarker

Necro is so OP, lol. But I enjoy it anyway. Probably gonna be nerfed a little sooner or later.

8000th thread post, btw~ \(○^ω^○)/
Edit: Or not. :( Was idling on the tab too long. lol

What's OP about Necro? I could only say Frailty might be nuts. He's pretty on par with the other classes as far as what I'm seeing on the GR leaderboards.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I am very happy to see the 1H Scythe and Shield combo I used in the Necro beta is still good. Doing that with the Rathma's set was the most fun I had in the builds I tried.

Have any of you found the Briggs' Wrath ring yet? For some reason it's the only item I'm missing in the cube and I can't seem to find or craft it. I've crafted almost 300 rings now but haven't gotten a single one... is it just really bad luck? lol

OTIX

Nooooo, why is there no season available? I hate playing a new character with my stash full of stuff, lots of gold and paragon levels etc. I want a fresh start.

Do we know when the season starts? I think I'm gonna have to wait.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah for season I'm gonna have one of you mofos boost me in 10mins, because doing normal story mode (on master, im lvl 55 now or whatever, just got to heaven, and its kinda draining me now that I mostly have all the skills and there isnt that carrot of a new skill to look forward to to keep me going (I mean before 70 when the real game begins)

Ayumi

What's OP about Necro? I could only say Frailty might be nuts. He's pretty on par with the other classes as far as what I'm seeing on the GR leaderboards.
It just takes a looooot less gear and effort to destroy everything (doing GRs). It doesn't require as much accurate build gear to kick ass, as in it's a lot more non-gear dependent than other classes. I do wish more classes were like that, since I only played like 4 hours and could clear GR50 pretty much with my eyes closed. Didn't push one bit, as for a wiz with the same hours would've struggled a lot more with the same amount of gear/lack of gear. I'm writing this halfway asleep in bed so it might not be the best explanation.
Nooooo, why is there no season available? I hate playing a new character with my stash full of stuff, lots of gold and paragon levels etc. I want a fresh start.

July 20th

I'm doing the old grind to 70. Playing story on hard right now.... How much more difficult is expert?

I'm trying to get to 70 as fast as possible so I can get to adventure mode and the fun stuff. I have to play through the story again anyway to earn all the trophies again since they didn't carry over from the previous Playstation versions of the game that I had (D3-vanilla and RoS on PS3).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm doing the old grind to 70. Playing story on hard right now.... How much more difficult is expert?

I'm trying to get to 70 as fast as possible so I can get to adventure mode and the fun stuff. I have to play through the story again anyway to earn all the trophies again since they didn't carry over from the previous Playstation versions of the game that I had (D3-vanilla and RoS on PS3).

Don't you have paragon points, high level gems (and legendary gems) and a hellfire ring and amulet to speed up the process?

I managed to handle Torment 4 on my own with those, and I reached lvl 55 by the end of act I.

Don't you have paragon points, high level gems (and legendary gems) and a hellfire ring and amulet to speed up the process?

I managed to handle Torment 4 on my own with those, and I reached lvl 55 by the end of act I.

Heh, nah. I wish. Last time I played was Ultimate Evil Edition on PS3 and my save got lost somewhere in the process since then, so I have to grind from scratch one last time.

neoism

July 20

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so whats up with the 7 skeleton cap? mages cap ios 10, and so is the raise minion cap so...7 seems random? why not 10/10/10, I dont see how 3 more skellies would break anything.

IceMarker

so whats up with the 7 skeleton cap? mages cap ios 10, and so is the raise minion cap so...7 seems random? why not 10/10/10, I dont see how 3 more skellies would break anything.

^Asking the real questions.

Also, I'm surprised with how many people there are online in the clan right now that more of us are grouping for Bounties, Rifts, GRs, etc. DV and I just had a blast mowing stuff casually at TX.

Probably same reused function of Fetish Army runed. 7 fetishes and 1 gargantuan (golem)

Jaraghan

I'm in the same boat. Expert isn't that bad tbh. I hit level 35 at the end of Act 1. Just starting up Act 2 now.

Radec

Gearing up on Normal is easy because of the mats ive collected over the years lol.

Now have to organize my stash and properly upgrade my bone set..

Got to 60 solo. Offense is overflowing but defense is still weak. I always forget how much gear matters.

PSA: Necros only have 3 elements in the convention of elements rotation so it is 67% as opposed to the normal 50%.

Also now is a great time to hope of cain for some non-seasonal primals with there being so few items.

Rhaknar

k seems that with my random non class legendaries on some slots I had in my stash, a green ring set (which is changed because it wasnt like that before, now its 100% more dmg if its the only set you have) and the stuff in the kunai cube (furnace for 50% dmg vs elites, the pet attack speed thing and the elemental ring effect), the highest I can go is T5. I tried a T6 (the last one before T7) and I got crushed right at the start, so I assume I cant do any of the T6 yet.

I did get the minion set pants, so thats one down at least.

edit: Rhykker compares D2 and D3 Necro (closer than you would think)

tamminen

iF8U2N9.jpg

Niiiice. Im thinking about rolling the secondary to +max essence.

Never played D3 before and just picked this up on X1.

Started with a Necro and got him to lvl27 after Act 1. When can i put the difficulty up as finding it a bit of a breeze on hard?

So for the Inarius Set, your main damage is Grim Scythe or is it the bone armor/whirling bones ?

grim scythe is mostly for applying curses i think. the damage comes from other abilities, since everything you cast does more damage. for instance I have that Trag'oul scythe cubed and am using the Jesseth(?) set that makes you skellingtons do more damage and they tear shit up. It's not the optimal build or whatever but you can go far (T13 easily) just stitching stuff together with Inarius.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Never played D3 before and just picked this up on X1.

Started with a Necro and got him to lvl27 after Act 1. When can i put the difficulty up as finding it a bit of a breeze on hard?

... Whenever you want? You need to unlock the higher difficulty levels by reaching a certain level thresolds, but you should already have access to expert and master difficulties (not sure about the latter). Just switch it to that in the pause menu or the game session settings.

The rule of thumb is: if the difficulty level feels way too easy and fast, like the enemies die when you step on their toes, it's probably because it is.

Has there been a fix to the modded items issue on consoles outside of seasons? I'm playing on PS4 and would like to play online, but don't want to end up in a game that's going to skyrocket my paragon levels into the thousands. Am I still out of luck? Should I just go back to PC?

Cracklox

Has there been a fix to the modded items issue on consoles outside of seasons? I'm playing on PS4 and would like to play online, but don't want to end up in a game that's going to skyrocket my paragon levels into the thousands. Am I still out of luck? Should I just go back to PC?

Seasons seem ok. At least so far, but there's only been the one season on console. Currently the games in between seasons, and no new one due to start for a few weeks though

Non-season you may still run into issues. As far as I know, no ones figured out how to hack gear on the ps4, and anyone with stuff like that will have imported an already hacked ps3 save.

That all said, I mostly play solo (largely for that reason), but the little mp non season I have done on ps4 was fine

IceMarker

So what does everyone think about the Necro sets so far? I've tried all four and here are my impressions:

Bones of Rathma: Basically the minion set, very solid set that has a ridiculous damage baseline if you can manage to keep up the very costly Skeleton Mages. Overall, pretty fun to play and evokes the feeling of controlling an undead army. Not much to say here other than make sure you get a the Skeleton Mage ring and the set Jesseth Arms to support it.

Trag'Oul's Avatar: The Blood theme set, centered around dealing damage to yourself to output higher damage. Unfortunately I spent several hours trying to get it to work above T8 and it is very difficult, the Simulacrum rune that lowers Blood spell costs is near required if you even want to try, not to say the Blood costs are that high in the first place, but you are unable to cast most Blood spells if you don't have both the health and the essence to cast them, and I found myself to be starving on one or the other often (at least with Blood Nova as the featured skill). For speed farming the lower torments though, a fantastic and very fun set, just needs some number tweaks because otherwise you'll need to build to make sure both your health and essence are constantly full.

Pestilence Master's Shroud: Probably my favorite set if a couple 2H scythes with slow attack speed weren't slowing it down, literally. The whole set is centered around the Corpse Lance and Bone Spear, both which, even with crappy gear, will produce 1b+ crits easily. If the Land of the Dead skill is thrown into the mix along with The Johnstone and Corpsewhisper Pauldrons, you're looking at infinite Corpse Lances which will crit for at least half a billion per second. Overall, another very fun set, and very capable of doing the higher torments if you have the right gear and setup.

Grace of Inarius: I didn't think much of this set during the beta, a set centered around Bone Armor and being the Meleemancer was already pretty okay... then they buffed and released it to live and now it's the most broken set for Necromancer (if GR leaderboards are anything to go by). Right now this is the set to play if you want to climb GRs. With the right gear, you can make any melee-range skill work, and right now I'm having a ton of fun with the close-range Corpse Explosion/Cursed Scythe build. Overall, maybe a bit over-tuned, but still fun literally mowing mobs down.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on the four sets for Necromancer, what is everybody's favorite to play?

eek5

Necro is pretty fun so far for me. I haven't read anything so I'm kind of just discovering stuff as I go along but it reminds me a bit of WD + Monk which are my two favorite classes.

Feeroper

I mainly play on PC but a friend of mine gave me his PS4 copy so I was thinking of giving the console version a shot for the upcoming season. Is the console player base similar size to the PC? perhaps smaller or larger? I remember there was a time when a game like this wouldn't be huge on consoles, but I'm finding most multi-platform game generally have a bigger PS4 base due to the install base.

Ingeniero

How does the Jesseth Arms set work?
It says +400% damage to commanded skulls, but the raise skulls is a passive skill?
I tried this set and didn't notice any improvement, its supposed to be x4 damage?

It says +400% damage to commanded skulls, but the raise skulls is a passive skill?
I tried this set and didn't notice any improvement, its supposed to be x4 damage?

the skelly skill has an active component that forces them to attack the target you click. When you do that the bonus damage kicks in. You have to do it semi-regularly.

eek5

When you engage a pack, activate the skill the direct the skeletons towards it. They'll re-target after the first kill and it seems like they keep the bonus until theres nothing close around then it drops.

Don't use the last rune though. That just blows them up lol

Cracklox

I mainly play on PC but a friend of mine gave me his PS4 copy so I was thinking of giving the console version a shot for the upcoming season. Is the console player base similar size to the PC? perhaps smaller or larger? I remember there was a time when a game like this wouldn't be huge on consoles, but I'm finding most multi-platform game generally have a bigger PS4 base due to the install base.

Defintely smaller. Sometimes gets tough finding pub games in TX+. Although I only play hc so not sure about regular.

To give you an idea, a few pages back I posted about my monk finishing 130 odd on the leaderboards, and out of curiosity checked where my clear would have put me on the PC leaderboards and it was around 470 something. So the disparity seems pretty big but I thought it would be bigger tbh

Xanathus

Everyone's playing Necromancer, and here I am grinding out the set dungeon mastery. Finally finished them all (except Necromancer) and got my shiny green wings.

IceMarker

is there something i'm missing about this DH challenge rift

why is the FOK item cubed, FOK isn't equipped.
It's a random player they snapshotted from a GR they did, so I'm assuming this guy was experimenting and forgot to change some things or that was the best he had. lol

Everyone's playing Necromancer, and here I am grinding out the set dungeon mastery. Finally finished them all (except Necromancer) and got my shiny green wings.

I stumbled across and mastered the Bones of Rathma set dungeon by complete accident.

Top Bottom