• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Spring Showcase on February 29th

I wonder if we will get something from Halo 4 before then, and get some gameplay around the 29th? All I know is Im excited, but hopefully we can see something before then, however small.

jbug617

Banned
To the public? Isn't the X12/"Spring Showcase" press-only?

I expect that the Press will see some Halo 4 stuff but they get a embargo for it. Still the event would be awesome if I get a release date for FEZ and RCR.

What I meant it's the first time the press got to see in action I believe.

I'm really hoping for Halo 4 revealed, but I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe another teaser trailer. I'd also like to see what MGS Vancouver has been working on, or their other internal studios, but that might not be for a while, even beyond e3.

What I do expect is Kinect Star Wars, Kinect Rush, Fable: The Journey, some big-deal third party games (Mass Effect 3, Resident Evil 6, maybe Dragon's Dogma), and big-deal XBLA games (Fez, and that one game that looks like Shadow Complex 2).

Fjordson

Think we could get a beta announcement? Since they announced the game I've totally forgot about the fact that they'll probably have one.

I hope it's public. Don't really have a separate game to tie invites to.

Think we could get a beta announcement? Since they announced the game I've totally forgot about the fact that they'll probably have one.

I hope it's public. Don't really have a separate game to tie invites to.

No there will not be a beta announcement.

Amir0x

Banned
waiting to see if they announce any hardcore games worth a damn or if it'll be the final nail in the Kinect coffin and it'd just be worth selling the 360. I'm going to need more than Halo 4, thank you. We've had twelve Halo games this gen so.

wwm0nkey

waiting to see if they announce any hardcore games worth a damn or if it'll be the final nail in the Kinect coffin and it'd just be worth selling the 360. I'm going to need more than Halo 4, thank you. We've had twelve Halo games this gen so.

I know the 12 was an exaggeration but come on man.

Also would not expect to see any actual new games here, they will save that for E3

Amir0x

Banned
I know the 12 was an exaggeration but come on man.

Also would not expect to see any actual new games here, they will save that for E3

Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Halo Combat Evolved Re, Halo 4. I'd say that's enough fucking Halo games, surely another one isn't going to convince me to stick around.

The system has become a miserable pile of shit since Kinect launched but of course I'll wait til E3 before selling the system once and for all. Still, they better get on the quality hardcore traditional controller exclusives wagon again shortly because 360 is absolute garbage since they went Kinect and I'm becoming extremely skeptical they ever intend to return to the light.

Overdoziz

Banned
Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Halo Combat Evolved Re, Halo 4. I'd say that's enough fucking Halo games, surely another one isn't going to convince me to stick around.

The system has become a miserable pile of shit since Kinect launched but of course I'll wait til E3 before selling the system once and for all. Still, they better get on the quality hardcore traditional controller exclusives wagon again shortly because 360 is absolute garbage since they went Kinect and I'm becoming extremely skeptical they ever intend to return to the light.
oEynF.gif

wwm0nkey

Well if you are done with Halo I am pretty sure they will be ridding the Kinect until the new console, thats how its seeming now anyways.

feel

Crazy hyped to see what halo 4 looks and plays like.

Also hoping a ton of cool xbla games are there.

Bullza2o

Although this showcase does seem to be promising, I really hope it won't turn out to be similar to the CES Xbox segment.

Tunavi

Banned

There's 1 AAA Halo Game in 07, an expansion pack, another AAA Halo game in 2010 (that aged like shit), an RTS that most average Halo fans don't acknowledge, a remake that the fans asked for, and third AAA game in 2012. Basically it comes down to 3 main Halo games this gen.

But I agree that Kinect is killing the 360. So much wasted potential by Microsoft

Fjordson

A brand new team and the fact that H3 and Reach are really the only two mainline games out of that list has me excited to see what 4 is like.

Of course it could just be a prettier Halo 3, but I'm remaining optimistic for now.

Feindflug

So there's still hope that Frankie isn't such a sadist boy? Bring it on! :)

I guess we'll also see a new Resient Evil 6 trailer & The Witcher 2, Steel Battalion: HA and Project Draco in some playable form as well, as far as new game announcements I can't say I'm expecting much though.

S1kkZ

Just a little heads up, the news will be under embargo till March 5th.

fuck that shit. when does the game informer come out (the one after the last of us issue)? beginning of march, right? so maybe halo 4 is the next game informer cover...

wwm0nkey

fuck that shit. when does the game informer come out (the one after the last of us issue)? beginning of march, right? so maybe halo 4 is the next game informer cover...
We have a winner!

Probably the reason why there is an embargo. I agree its stupid but its probably so video game magazines can seem relevant with info.

Top Bottom