• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Owzers

Bookcase change: I demoted most of my Marvel Mistakes to the bookcase i might get rid of

c1Xe20U.jpg
[/IMG]

In order for my Absolutes to make my bookcase great again:

Owzers

Did you not get Fantastic Four Vol. 2, or is it not considered a Mistake?
Part of why vol 1 and 3 are there, I couldn't find vol 2 from Hastings used where I accumulated sooooo much of my trade collection from, now I stopped looking and will just read the run on MU sometime as I've never read it.

VanWinkle

Bookcase change: I demoted most of my Marvel Mistakes to the bookcase i might get rid of

Man, your Absolute collection destroys mine. Also jealous of the FF Hickman Vol 1, Secret Warriors Omni, and Uncanny X-Force Omni. Great stuff, my friend. Your omnibus collection is practically all whales, haha.

Owzers

No Absolute Batman and Robin to compliment the Batman Incorporated and Final Crisis?

I didn't want to shell out the money when I had the ohc of morrisons run already, I dislike rebuying comic collected editions.
Man, your Absolute collection destroys mine. Also jealous of the FF Hickman Vol 1, Secret Warriors Omni, and Uncanny X-Force Omni. Great stuff, my friend. Your omnibus collection is practically all whales, haha.

My marvel omnibus collection is a reminder of when I liked Marvel, started reading comics with astonishing xmen and Ultimates, kept on with immortal iron fist, cap, and stayed for fantastic four and uncanny xforce. Those days are over though, everything dies.

Maybe I'd buy a gwenpool omnibus...

Digital sales are also killing ohcs for me, unlike floppies which I don't like to reread, digital issues are fine if I ever want to go back to a book. I'll probably get east of west to make up for dropping print at issue 30 over rebuying them all digitally and i need hellboy in hell library edition but outside of that it's not looking good.

Aizo

Banned
Anyone else pleased by the news of extensive reshoots for Justice League? I was hoping Whedon would get to do more than just explicitly post production. Obviously it is horrible what happened that caused Snyder to step down, but his movies are awful.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Anyone else pleased by the news of extensive reshoots for Justice League? I was hoping Whedon would get to do more than just explicitly post production. Obviously it is horrible what happened that caused Snyder to step down, but his movies are awful.

BvS had a ton of great stuff in there, but it also had a bunch of real dumb shit, hopefully these re-shoots are Whedon fixing all the dumb shit and leaving all the great stuff. I'm confident that the movie will be pretty good because of Whedon's inclusions, it just sucks that it had to happen under such awful circumstances.

Aizo

Banned
BvS had a ton of great stuff in there, but it also had a bunch of real dumb shit, hopefully these re-shoots are Whedon fixing all the dumb shit and leaving all the great stuff. I'm confident that the movie will be pretty good because of Whedon's inclusions, it just sucks that it had to happen under such awful circumstances.
Ageed with the circumstances. Awful situation.

Ross61

It would be the same situation if Snyder was still shooting, so I don't really have more interest or optimism than I already had.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
If this was a digital collection, you'd have hundreds of iPads on that shelf. Disgusting.

I love Joss' work. Every piece of media I've ingested by him, I have adored. Astonishing X-Men is my favorite comic of all time and BtVS and Angel are two of my favorite shows of all time. The first Avengers is one of my favorite superhero movies. So I'm a wee biased.

But I think Snyder has a better visual sense. That said I feel Joss is fantastic at writing characters. I don't think he's a secret mysoginist or that his dialogue is too quippy, though it's impossible to deny that he sometimes goes for the joke at the sacrifice of character if he thinks it's good enough. But he never makes character sacrifice for the sake of plot and always has them feel genuine.

I haven't watched BvS, but I enjoyed MoS, 300, and Watchmen so Snyder's track record is solid with me (Sucker Punch wasn't good).

I like Whedon more, and if his work is primarily on connective tissue and he's leaving what works in there, then I'm fine. There's always Batgirl (which will be phenomenal).

So I'm in a bit of a mixed bag. JL is Snyder's movie, but given the circumstances (horrid as they are), I'm glad it's Joss. I trust he won't make it his and largely try to keep Snyder's vision whole because whether you like it or not, it's Snyder's movie.

Aizo

Banned
Since we had a thread recently with someone posting Tim saying "Dick is good." from Wolfman's Teen Titans, I wanted to post my favorite Dick moment.
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFkB8NKV0AAJmXZ.jpg:large[/IMG]

Edit: I forgot about this one. This is my favorite exploitation of out of context mentions of Nightwing.
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFkDn9qVYAA0iz1.jpg[/IMG]

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Since I have now seen tons of Godzilla movies, I cant wait for when you make a photo of them for us :D

Hahaha awesome. Will do.

Since we had a thread recently with someone posting Tim saying "Dick is good." from Wolfman's Teen Titans, I wanted to post my favorite Dick moment.
Code:

Edit: I forgot about this one. This is my favorite exploitation of out of context mentions of Nightwing.
Code:

Lol. So good.

You need to try to
image.php

the temptation.
I like you both more and less
I always end up liking it just enough to keep going but it is my least favorite book right now
It's just not good. The characterizations don't work. The unnecessary brutality with this Crossbones/Red X knock-off torturing Eyeboy and murdering to characters that could have had something just because Guggenheim is an asshole. Nothing works, and yet it meshes just enough to be a barely serviceable superhero comic.
I've randomly started seeing more people either recommending it other the X-boks or say it's one of the best ones to other fans in the past few weeks.
I guess it's better than Gen X, and maybe Weapon X, but anything else is blasphemous.
Code:

Code:
Dick Grayson is the greatest superhero.

It's just not good. The characterizations don't work. The unnecessary brutality with this Crossbones/Red X knock-off torturing Eyeboy and murdering to characters that could have had something just because Guggenheim is an asshole. Nothing works, and yet it meshes just enough to be a barely serviceable superhero comic.

I guess it's better than Gen X, and maybe Weapon X, but anything else is blasphemous.

Yup I think you nailed it.

And I agree

ElNarez

Banned
Weapon X is Greg Pak doing his classic thing and Land is here too. Honestly it'd be a fine comic about old men fucking shit up if the art wasn't so bad.

Yeah I thought Weapon X was okay. Even Land was fine to me (mostly). And then it crossed over with a Hulk book in its first arc, out of nowhere

Dropped it immediately

Bookcase change

Looking good, that's a nice collection!

Going to pass on the Dark Tower sale most likely and keep reading the novels.

That's for the best. I got a good 5 or 6 volumes in before I dropped off. They don't really hang together well enough to be worth reading unless you already read the novels and just want to see certain scenes on the page, also the writing was just kind of bland and lifeless. They weren't frequent but there was a few some inaccuracies or mistakes too.

Top Bottom