• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Design Flaw with Nintendo Switch Joy-Con

Some are much easier to slide off. I feel over time it'll only get better as the plastic beings to wear down.
One set of my is horrendous, the other is smooth, but firm.

Being able to put them on backwards is utter bullshit though.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I don't have a Switch yet, but I was just looking at the straps on Target's website.

Am I missing something or isn't it pretty obvious how to put these on? You just want to match up the plus and the minus.

8nTAXecl.jpg

WqvYnmol.jpg

seems like almost everyone in here said they put them on wrong initially though.

It's pretty obvious. Unfortunately folks are impatient and don't take the five seconds necessary to inspect the products they're using and want to then yell at Nintendo instead because it's their fault somehow.

There's a long history of customers getting flustered easily because of their impatience and sometimes just being outright stupid. That's why every Wii game tells you to put on the goddamn wrist strap...because customers were flinging remotes into their televisions and then blaming Nintendo. The fact that Nintendo felt the need to make a youtube video to outline the use of the joycon straps just shows that they know exactly the level of intelligence some of their customers occupy.

HoodWinked

It's pretty obvious. Unfortunately folks are impatient and don't take the five seconds necessary to inspect the products they're using and want to then yell at Nintendo instead because it's their fault somehow.

i'll admit that when the galaxy note 5 thing happened at first i was like people couldn't possibly so stupid. but eventually i came around to thinking that even though its stupid it should have been something they should have taken to account when designing the product and they did release a new revision of the note 5 that fixed it. i think the straps are problematic but also the - + labels are not well done either since they're just imprinted plastic making them hard to see.

javac

The straps are stupid, a nice idea but executed in the worst way possible. I put them on correctly but still felt like I was going to break it when taking it off, the fact that its so easy to put on incorrectly is baffling, especially for a Nintendo product. There's got to be a better way then the one they went with.

Social

The problems with the way these are designed are obvious. It should not be possible to put them in the wrong way. They should at least be properly color coded or something, at least on the neon ones.

Cuburt

I don't have a Switch yet, but I was just looking at the straps on Target's website.

Am I missing something or isn't it pretty obvious how to put these on? You just want to match up the plus and the minus.

8nTAXecl.jpg

WqvYnmol.jpg

seems like almost everyone in here said they put them on wrong initially though.

I was going to put them on wrong, just from how they slide onto the console, but then I'm like, "wait, that would make the strap on the wrong end", so I look at the + and minus and it clicked pretty easily that they are meant to line up.

I assume people just don't look at those at all.

Not to mention the people that feel you have to push the button to unlock it (I thought so myself) which makes it more awkward to remove than it has to be, as well as people who think you are breaking something since it has the tabs (you aren't).

Once you realize all that stuff, it's really not as bad as some are making it out to be. I think a lot of it comes down to assumptions, some assumptions that Nintendo could have alleviated by not making it such a different experience than people are use to how they work with the console and the grip.

Top Bottom