• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

Ourobolus

Banned
How long does it usually take for a game to start, couple days, week, more?
It varies, since we need people to sign up. We'll probably get started in 2-3 weeks, depending on how quickly people sign up and how many games we are able to run (which we'll figure out based on the number of sign ups).

Pronoun: He
Preferred game(s): VTM,PS,Pop
(You may list multiple games. We will assume they are listed in order of preference.)
Time-zone: Central

Evilisk

Eh let's do it. I've always wanted to try one of these games out (I've also been watching these games recently, so that's made me interested as well). I might just go for one game only right now

Preferred game: PlayStation
(You may list multiple games. We will assume they are listed in order of preference.)
Time-zone: AEST / Australian Eastern Standard Time

Preferred game(s): Vampires or Persona
Time-zone: GMT +5:30

First timer here. Never played mafia before. However I do play a lot of Town of Salem ranked games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pronoun: whatever you want :>
Preferred games: Pop, VTMB, Perfona
Time Zone: EST

Camjo-Z

Pronoun: Grand high poobah (he for short)
Preferred game(s): Playstation, but make me low priority if more than 21 people sign up. I'm willing to be a replacement.
Time-zone: EST

Sophia

So awesome seeing all the new/returning faces. Welcome!!!!!

First timer here. Never played mafia before. However I do play a lot of Town of Salem ranked games.

You'll be right at home if you've played Town of Salem. It's basically the same thing except the phases are obviously longer.

Ourobolus

Banned
Eh let's do it. I've always wanted to try one of these games out (I've also been watching these games recently, so that's made me interested as well). I might just go for one game only right now

For clarification, the people selecting multiple games aren't going to be playing in multiple games, it's merely the order of preference if you like more than one of the options. The games that are selected to run are the ones that get the most "votes" when people select their preference. Now, if we actually get 78 players + replacements, then that point is moot, but still :p

A quick question: How does PM'ing work in this game on Gaf, Is it only used to confirm votes and interact with the mods? Of can it be used during the day to talk privately with others?

Be sure to send a separate pm to your mod for every single question you can think of. Don't make a list, it just makes it too easy for the game runner to ignore you asking them to give you secret information. If they remind you that 22 others are doing the exact same thing, just remind them that they volunteered, apparently. Mods love it.

Fat4all

Banned
Be sure to send a separate pm to your mod for every single question you can think of. Don't make a list, it just makes it too easy for the game runner to ignore you asking them to give you secret information. If they remind you that 22 others are doing the exact same thing, just remind them that they volunteered, apparently. Mods love it.

Gotcha.

I've been reading through some of the older games to try and get the flow of how things work, but if I have any questions I'll keep this in mind.

RetroMG

8zw1kfH.gif

Sorian

Banned
I just passed everyone on their mod 101 course and they all aced the final. They are well aware that the best answer is no answer at all.

RetroMG

I just passed everyone on their mod 101 course and they all aced the final. They are well aware that the best answer is no answer at all.

And if you are wondering if the mods are conspiring against you personally, the answer is: Yes, of course we are.

Not you specifically, Sorian.

Well, YES, you specifically, but not ONLY you.

You know what, never mind.

Sorian

Banned
And if you are wondering if the mods are conspiring against you personally, the answer is: Yes, of course we are.

Not you specifically, Sorian.

Well, YES, you specifically, but not ONLY you.

You know what, never mind.

Sophia already threatened me with treestump-ness. I welcome this inevitability.

Verelios

Pronoun: He, Mr., possibly THE GREAT
Preferred game: Persona
Timezone: We the best coast here (East)

Anata no
Televy ni
Jika-net Tanaka
Minna no
Yoku no tomo

Anata no
televy ni
Jika-net Tanaka
Kawu no wa
Imasi-ka nait

I've come to save you lambs from your devilish insipid shackles. Give me the Money

roytheone

Reading through a bit of the Harry Potter game got me interested in signing on this time.

Preferred Game: PlayStation, Persona

Pronoun: He/him
Preferred game(s): Persona
Time-zone: GMT +8

I used to play Mafia back in my drama class in High School. Everyone was terrible at it, but it was heaps of fun. Hopefully I'll be somewhat decent at this.

Pronoun: he
Preferred game(s): PlayStation
Time-zone: EST

So many new players! Welcome!

Zubz
Preferred Pronoun: He
Preferred Flavor: Ooh wee, these are all good ones. If I had to choose, though? Definitely Vampire. Gotta rep Clan Nosferatu.

And Jay, Zubz is back! Best puppie pal!

Pronoun: He, Mr., possibly THE GREAT
Preferred game: Persona
Timezone: We the best coast here (East)

Anata no
Televy ni
Jika-net Tanaka
Minna no
Yoku no tomo

Anata no
televy ni
Jika-net Tanaka
Kawu no wa
Imasi-ka nait

I've come to save you lambs from your devilish insipid shackles. Give me the Money

Weeb.

i started singing it the minute I saw this post

I am aware of the error in the banner at the top of the second post. I've sent a new banner to Ynnny to replace it, and I'm sure she'll do it when she sees it. The font will be different, because I honestly can't remember what font I used the first time.

As you were.

....t..the font of this new banner is the worst! my eyes! they burn!

Pronoun:He
Preferred game(s):1:pop 2:Vampire 3:playstation 4:persona
Time-zone: Central Standard

oyeaaaaah

another australian \o/ AWW YEAH <3 welcome welcome!!!

welcome sasa~ you'll fit right in if you've played ToS before :D

Gorlak

Banned
New season smell :>

He
GMT+1
Vampire Mafia (otherwise probably Pop - scratch that, it'll be a gif hell, if vampire doesn't make it I'll join Playstation ;p)

Welcome new players :)

Rynam

I have a clear schedule the next couple of Months so I should be able to play a whole game.

He
Persona, Playstation
UTC+1/CET

*Splinter

He
No preference
GMT

Pronoun: He/him
Preferred game(s): Persona
Time-zone: GMT +8

I used to play Mafia back in my drama class in High School. Everyone was terrible at it, but it was heaps of fun. Hopefully I'll be somewhat decent at this.
Well, that's the OT8 title sorted.

Woah, so many new players so quickly. Great!

Unfortunately I think I should prioritize other things right now, so unless you really, really need me, i think I'll sit this season out...

Evilisk

I just finished reading the Harry Potter game

holy fuck

Yeah it's really... something lol

Aside from so little progress being made in 25 pages (seriously, that was over half the length of the first game, and they're only on Day 2 lmao), I'm finding the dramatic role reveals to be unintentionally hilarious

For clarification, the people selecting multiple games aren't going to be playing in multiple games, it's merely the order of preference if you like more than one of the options. The games that are selected to run are the ones that get the most "votes" when people select their preference. Now, if we actually get 78 players + replacements, then that point is moot, but still :p

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up!

Though I'm still only picking PlayStation (I've never actually done one of these before, and I'd prefer to go with the simplest set up)

another australian \o/ AWW YEAH <3 welcome welcome!!!

Thanks for the welcome. I sure hope that, if I'm in one of the Mafia games, that voting isn't during weird hours (since from looking at all the timezones posted here, I'm in an uncommon one)

finally fucking Season fucking 7 is here, I never want to see the numbers Season, 6 and point-5 consecutively adjacent ever again

Preferred Pronoun: M
Time Zone: Not GMT
Preferred Game(s): Vampire: The [Mafia] or Pop [Mafia]

Sorian

Banned
finally fucking Season fucking 7 is here, I never want to see the numbers Season, 6 and point-5 consecutively adjacent ever again

Preferred Pronoun: M
Time Zone: Not GMT
Preferred Game(s): Vampire: The [Mafia] or Pop [Mafia]

I give this post a 6.5/10

Woah, so many new players so quickly. Great!

Unfortunately I think I should prioritize other things right now, so unless you really, really need me, i think I'll sit this season out...

royaaaaaaaaa <3

Thanks for the welcome. I sure hope that, if I'm in one of the Mafia games, that voting isn't during weird hours (since from looking at all the timezones posted here, I'm in an uncommon one)

.... day end and starts typically falls between AEST 5 to 7 AM our time, so yep. Last time i played mafia, it destroyed my sleeping routine completely. So, my advice to you would be to just leave the fate of your faction at the capable* hands of your team mates and just post when you can.

*lol

#alsowhatkindoftrashthreadtitlenominationsarebeingawardedthenewOTtitleselectionhonourinthisplayer'sforum-gamingcommunitywhensaidplayerpreviouslyofferedonlythechoicestthreadtitlesuggestionsthissideofGAFespeciallyconsideringthatwhatisabsolutelyharrowingandnottomentiontotallypuzzlingtothatcompleteconnoisseuristhatnotevenatraceinklingoftheirqualitydesignernamingconventionhasatallinfluencedourcurrenttitlestateinwhichthere'snothingbutonlythemostrudimentaryabstractinsinuationofwhatthegamesitspredominantpurposeistopersuadeprospectiveplayerstopledgethemselvestopartakinginentaildespitehavingpriorpurveyedperfectlypetitioningpotentialpickspremiumenoughtowarrantatleastsomekindofpartialplagiarismIMOifpeopleactuallyhadsomesortofpassablegoodtastebutanywayallofyouwhoarethehighelitesocietyofthiscommunityknowIshouldbemakingmydebuthostingDiabloand/orWipEoutMafiarightnowbutrealitylolandnowlooky'allarestuckwithalltheseB-listMafiagamethemes...I'msososorryforleavingeveryoneinthesepositionssoI'lltryandcompensateforourgracioushostsbysigning-upandgracingatleastoneofthese"themedgames"withmypresence

Preferred game: Persona (and then PlayStation)
Time zone: CST

I'm glad I sat out of the mid seasons, far too busy with the new baby. Did we get a new infographic? I loved those from previous seasons.

Trigger

Yay! I've been waiting for the new season to start. :D

Preferred Pronoun: He
Preferred Games: Persona, Vampire, pop

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
1faaba8a21c35c32bbf951183de7b4f5.jpg

Preferred game: 1. Pop, 2. Persona, 3. Vampire, 4. Playstation
Preferred pronoun: they / them / their / themself
Timezone: UTC+00:00

cabot

I'm also plugging live mafia here, which is on Discord and runs on some weekends.

Best to log into Discord and keep an eye on the chat, though we do tend to post our plans in the main thread too. So peel your eyes here or on Discord.

It's not a bad place to start, the games don't run too long and are fairly basic mechanically. There's also usually microphone based hilarity.

roytheone

I just finished reading the Harry Potter game

holy fuck

Hp is a great game to learn game balancing! Whenever you think "is this mechanic /role balanced?" look if it was in hp mafia. If it indeed was, it isn't balanced and you should throw it away immediately ;)

Top Bottom