• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

Sawneeks

Banned
*Begins designing "Sword Art Mafia," to go along with "Transformer Mafia," "Homestuck Mafia," "Mafia Mafia (where town is all famous mafiosos and scum is guys from The Untouchables)," "Now That's What I Call GAFia: All the 'best' power roles from the past x season of NeoGAF Mafia," that novel I've been working on and Hyper & Salva's Pokemon BW reviews in the "Shit that'll NEVER get done" folder*

Don't forget SuperWhoLock Mafia, it'll go hand-in-hand with Homestuck Mafia.

both of which have mechanics entirely revolved around shipping.

Don't forget SuperWhoLock Mafia, it'll go hand-in-hand with Homestuck Mafia.

both of which have mechanics entirely revolved around shipping.

Nah, Homestuck Mafia needs to be WAY more bastard than that. Like, letting the spectator thread directly communicate with the game, then turning the spec thread into a game, then starting another game without informing the new players that they're part of a previous game until the players from said previous game(s) show up, etc.

Nah, Homestuck Mafia needs to be WAY more bastard than that. Like, letting the spectator thread directly communicate with the game, then turning the spec thread into a game, then starting another game without informing the new players that they're part of a previous game until the players from said previous game(s) show up, etc.

So basically Blarg has to run the game.

roytheone

44 sign ups right now!

Persona is far and away the most popular, but pop, vampire and Playstation are basically tied! Don't let your favorite miss the cut! Sign up now!

nin1000

Banned
Maybe sommit like The Wire would be a good medium for a Mafia flavor. Has that been done yet?

I started working on the game last year but work came in between. I should really really go back to it.

I recall YNNY calling dips on Omar.

Sawneeks

Banned

And when you die you get extra powers and thrown into another game. BUT if you can find the person who matches your Role you can come back to life in the main game and keep on going. You can also keep doing this forever until your Matching Role dies before you.

There is only one Mafia player and he can kill anyone from any of the 3 - 4 ongoing games. He's also Bulletproof/Lynchproof and can only be killed through some stupidly complicated Switcher bullshit.

Blarg on steroids but yeah, pretty much.

Sawneeks

Banned
Now I'm curious. Is there a link to this?

This is the Main Thread

...this is the Second Main Thread.

Our first, and so far only, game within a game. n_n

Day 1 starts out normal ( sort of ) and on the start of Day 2 a handful of people die and the Mafia Role PMs go out. Instead of becoming a Spectator and watching the game, players who die are sent to a second thread where they continue to play even after death. Those in the Main Thread are not told about this and just assume that it's only one game.

I did enjoy really this game but it's a huge weird mess mechanics-wise

you don't have to read the whole thing. it's just a lot of Roy being a messenger and the Ghosts carrying Town to victory. it's a fun lesson in insanity though!

Zubz

Banned
Oh, I guess I should order my preferences, since I only stated Vampire was my favorite. In descending order, I'd like to shoot for Pop, then PlayStation, then Persona.

I'm glad to see a mix of familiar and new faces, by the way

Evilisk

You should find it (and all associated boards) here, Not sure if you'll have access to it initially, but you'll need an account anyways before you start playing for spectator chat/potential mafia conversations.

I've already made an account (that's still pending approval)

I guess I'll get to reading this later

Hopefully. I already have the perfect image source for their avatar.

tumblr_inline_nmpyzdRNij1qkqd36_500.png

Also, I'm surprised that Homestuck Mafia is making you all excited/afraid and not Now That's What I Call GAFia AKA. The Return of the Neutral Ascetic One-Shot Bulletproof Serial Killer and Alignment Cop (among other such fun roles).

Sorian

Banned
This is the Main Thread

...this is the Second Main Thread.

Our first, and so far only, game within a game. n_n

Day 1 starts out normal ( sort of ) and on the start of Day 2 a handful of people die and the Mafia Role PMs go out. Instead of becoming a Spectator and watching the game, players who die are sent to a second thread where they continue to play even after death. Those in the Main Thread are not told about this and just assume that it's only one game.

I did enjoy really this game but it's a huge weird mess mechanics-wise

you don't have to read the whole thing. it's just a lot of Roy being a messenger and the Ghosts carrying Town to victory. it's a fun lesson in insanity though!

Read the game for day 1 and all of the salt that I generated.

Sawneeks

Banned
Also, I'm surprised that Homestuck Mafia is making you all excited/afraid and not Now That's What I Call GAFia AKA. The Return of the Neutral Ascetic One-Shot Bulletproof Serial Killer and Alignment Cop (among other such fun roles).

That's because we have all secretly flirted with Homestuck and know of the horrors it brings. It's like that thing everybody used to like but nobody talks about again. Ever.

Also the premise for Now That's What I Call GAFIA sounds like the start to a Buddy Cop movie.

Read the game for day 1 and all of the salt that I generated.

No way a Mod would jokingly kill a Player and bring him back to life. He must know something!

*slightly nervous splinter in the background*

CzarTim

No way a Mod would jokingly kill a Player and bring him back to life. He must know something!

*slightly nervous splinter in the background*

What was funny was splint pmed me about a joke I made after sorian's stunt, telling me to make it clear that it was a joke. When I didn't he posted in the thread that it was a joke. This led me to believe Sorian was telling the truth. Because why would a moderator do that for one player and not the other?

Turns out "why?" wasn't compatible with anything VI.

Still love you splint.

Evilisk

I'm reading through Volcano Island now, and I don't know if it's because I've been reading only higher complexity games like Harry Potter, but geez these first days take forever to read through

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm reading through Volcano Island now, and I don't know if it's because I've been reading only higher complexity games like Harry Potter, but geez these first days take forever to read through

don't read NX

it was a largely normal game, mechanics-wise, but holy shit we posted a lot

Ourobolus

Banned
Idk man

After that hydra game, NX seems pretty tame on the posting. 1000+ posts (for one account) in 3 days/108 hours is something I don't think GAF will ever touch

MU isn't indicative of anything. Those fuckers post more than Sorian, which is insane. In hindsight I am incredibly glad I didn't get voted to play.

Ty4on

Idk man

After that hydra game, NX seems pretty tame on the posting. 1000+ posts (for one account) in 3 days/108 hours is something I don't think GAF will ever touch

MU isn't indicative of anything. Those fuckers post more than Sorian, which is insane. In hindsight I am incredibly glad I didn't get voted to play.

They were toying with a 100 posts per phase limit. People catching up is so normal they discuss how scummy someone's catch up is.

Disappointed you two only have 200 odd posts though :(

CzarTim

I always skim day one when I read through games. It's a necessary evil when playing, but rarely enjoyable for spectators.

They were toying with a 100 posts per phase limit. People catching up is so normal they discuss how scummy someone's catch up is.

Disappointed you two only have 200 odd posts though :(

We had 3 day phases in our game before scum were utterly obliterated, and I was tagged out day 1

Bronx-Man

Banned
Day 1's are awful. It's just fumbling looking for something to do while Ouro, Sophia, and Cabot are trying their hardest to turbo your ass.

SalvaPot

I am not joining this one, too busy with life and stuff, but I'll be staring from the shadows and may join for a future game, I'll let you guys know.

*Splinter

What was funny was splint pmed me about a joke I made after sorian's stunt, telling me to make it clear that it was a joke. When I didn't he posted in the thread that it was a joke. This led me to believe Sorian was telling the truth. Because why would a moderator do that for one player and not the other?

Turns out "why?" wasn't compatible with anything VI.

Still love you splint.
When I look back at VI, I prefer to remember the suffering of the players and not the constant panicking of the moderator.

Kerned

Banned
New player question: how will I know when this starts? PM on GAF, or do I need to be checking gafia regularly?

New player question: how will I know when this starts? PM on GAF, or do I need to be checking gafia regularly?

you will get a PM from your gamerunner once you have been rostered into a game :D (EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE)

but the rosters themselves will be published in this thread : D

once the rosters are announced, players will get 24 hours to swap places if they do not like the game they are placed into :>

once the rostered are locked in, the games' starting times are published, and from then on, it's all about MURDERING YOUR FELLOW GAFFERS IN PUBLIC

^_____^

roytheone

When I look back at VI, I prefer to remember the suffering of the players and not the constant panicking of the moderator.

Roy is great!

Roy sucks

I love how roy plays!

I hate how roy plays!

Roy is perfect in this role!

Roy sucks in this role and is ruining everything!

Etc.

I love that spec thread :)

nin1000

Banned
you will get a PM from your gamerunner once you have been rostered into a game :D (EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE)

but the rosters themselves will be published in this thread : D

once the rosters are announced, players will get 24 hours to swap places if they do not like the game they are placed into :>

once the rostered are locked in, the games' starting times are published, and from then on, it's all about MURDERING YOUR FELLOW GAFFERS IN PUBLIC

^_____^

Dont Forget the Best Part.

You will recieve a role pm from your GM before the game starts. That is usualy 24~48 hours before the game starts.

Top Bottom