• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

mrklaw
MrArseFace
(09-13-2017, 10:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Aiii

I think you're fine with the 7, it improves enough over the 6S, while the 8 gives way too little over the 7 to make it worth the extra cash, in my mind.

Unless you really really want that lighting option for the camera, that is.

lighting option may be limited to the plus with dual lenses - tempted but don't want a big, heavy phone. Also you can arse about with lighting in post processing but I dont usually use my phone for portraits..

Is the dual lens awesome though?
Lagspike_exe
(09-13-2017, 10:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Zeyphersan

OIS is totally worth it, Iíd say donít go below the 7 at least. 7 also has (official) water resistance, significantly better speakers.

OIS is so worth it. Also, the flash is amazing and selfie camera is a bit better. iPhone 7 also has marginally better screen and battery life.
Quick
(09-13-2017, 08:31 PM)
Thinking of getting an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. I'm coming from an iPhone 6. I figure the 8 has almost the same specs to the 7.

Worth the jump?
Zeyphersan
(09-13-2017, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Quick

Thinking of getting an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. I'm coming from an iPhone 6. I figure the 8 has almost the same specs to the 7.

Worth the jump?

Yesssss. I think the 7 is significantly better than the 6 (7 Plus even more so). Way better camera, water resistance, killer haptics, good speakers, and on and on and on.
Lagspike_exe
(09-14-2017, 07:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Zeyphersan

Yesssss. I think the 7 is significantly better than the 6 (7 Plus even more so). Way better camera, water resistance, killer haptics, good speakers, and on and on and on.

Haptics are underrated. It's so intuitive and makes the experience great.
The Real Abed
Perma-Junior
(09-14-2017, 07:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Quick

Worth the jump?

Well the 8 does have a better camera and processor, but you cant go completely wrong with a 7 if you want to save money. If I didn't already have a 7+ I'd be looking at an 8+ right now.

Originally Posted by Lagspike_exe

Haptics are underrated. It's so intuitive and makes the experience great.

Definitely.
brianjones
(09-14-2017, 07:40 PM)
when is the price of the 7's supposed to drop?

are they dropped now or closer to when the 8 fully releases
LostMyNarbles
(09-14-2017, 08:01 PM)

Originally Posted by brianjones

when is the price of the 7's supposed to drop?

are they dropped now or closer to when the 8 fully releases

Looks to be showing on Apple Store already. $550/$650 for 32GB/128GB iPhone 7 or $670/$870 for the 32GB/128GB iPhone 7 Plus.
https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-7
brianjones
(09-14-2017, 08:03 PM)
thanks!

I don't know if I want a plus model or not.. maybe I should go to Best Buy or something and play around with it

I'm coming from a small iPhone 5 so the plus might be a huge leap

also whats the coolest cooler hmmm
Garrett Hawke
(09-14-2017, 08:28 PM)
fwiw I went from 4S -> 6 and regretted it after a few months. I thought it would be a huge jump already but I got used to it really quickly and wanted more. I upgraded to a 7 Plus last year and love it.
The Real Abed
Perma-Junior
(09-14-2017, 08:42 PM)
I went from a 5C to a 7+. Now whenever I look at my old 5C it's so tiny. My 4S even more so. Heck, my Mom's 6 is small in comparison.
Blablurn
(09-15-2017, 12:20 AM)
Guys, is the iPhone 6S still an upgrade... to lets say a Motorola G4?