• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

n0razi
(09-07-2016, 09:17 PM)

Originally Posted by badcrumble

Surprising thing about the AirPods is the seeming lack of skip/pause controls.

Thats obviously what the iWatch is for.
BFIB
The first page isn't the same without AJs "This is bullshit I just got the iPhone 6S a week ago!"
donkey show
Little Big Dev
Sumo Digital
Man, I was gonna go smaller with the next iPhone I got since I've been rocking a 6+ since launch, but dem dual cameras look hot.
X-Frame
I mean this would be an absolute no brainer if the stupid 2nd speaker was instead the headphone jack. I just don't understand it.

I'll wait for impressions and reviews and otherwise upgrade from my 6 Plus to the 6S Plus, both 128 GB even though I would love 256.
jstripes

Surprising thing about the AirPods is the seeming lack of skip/pause controls.

You can double-tap it to access Siri, so there will probably be something along those lines.

Maybe punch yourself in the ear to shuffle.
SecretDan
A mudslide of fun!
Will stick with my 6 for another year.

Hope the regular 8 has the dual camera.
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(09-07-2016, 09:19 PM)

Originally Posted by SecretDan

Will stick with my 6 for another year.

Hope the regular 8 has the dual camera.

You'll be waiting 2 years if the 8 is your target. the "S" would be next year, assuming a consistent rotation.

I'm also trying to decide whether it's worth moving away from my 6+. Feeling kinda meh, tbqh.
Schlorgan
(09-07-2016, 09:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Duane Cunningham

Perfect.

Also, lol at those screen resolutions (My Turbo 2 is 2560x1440, and it has a headphone jack). XD
Last edited by Schlorgan; 09-07-2016 at 09:23 PM.
KennyLinder
(09-07-2016, 09:20 PM)
They have the payment scheme in the UK now. Temping for sure. Anyone here done it in the past?
Deadly Cyclone
Pride of Iowa State
(09-07-2016, 09:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Dreams-Visions

You'll be waiting 2 years if the 8 is your target. the "S" would be next year, assuming a consistent rotation.

I'm also trying to decide whether it's worth moving away from my 6+. Feeling kinda meh, tbqh.

With next year being the 10th anniversary people are rumoring the iPhone 8 as a complete redesign. No "S" year.
ridley182
aka Mister Chef
(09-07-2016, 09:22 PM)
can I has dual cameras on the smaller phone pls k thnx
george_us
(09-07-2016, 09:22 PM)
My 6 is still chugging along smoothly so I'll probably wait until the 7+. Great looking phone though.
VoxPop
(09-07-2016, 09:24 PM)
Yup returning the Note 7. 32 or 128 Jet Black Plus is calling my name!
metareferential
The new glossy black is awesome.

1080p IPS is a disappointment. The inevitable amoled 1440p (8 or 7s?) will look astonishing though.
border
wears the band's shirts to the band's concerts
can't comprehend the origin of terms
Will cases made for the iPhone 6 and 6S work with this model? Or are we going to need a new round of cases?
Nazgul_Hunter
(09-07-2016, 09:25 PM)

Originally Posted by jstripes

You can double-tap it to access Siri, so there will probably be something along those lines.

Maybe punch yourself in the ear to shuffle.

Shake to shuffle
SecretDan
A mudslide of fun!
(09-07-2016, 09:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Dreams-Visions

Been rumors that next year will be the 8.

The 7 feels like a 6s again. Very similar design.
LyleLanley
(09-07-2016, 09:28 PM)
It seems kind of stupid to have this beautiful piano black like finish on a phone only to tell people to put a case on it because it scuffs easily.
GameAddict411
(09-07-2016, 09:29 PM)
No headphone jack like the rumors have been telling since early this year. It's going to piss off a lot of casual users for sure, and hopefully Apple will feel the heat and bring it back on the next iPhone.
Broken Hope
(09-07-2016, 09:29 PM)

Originally Posted by border

Will cases made for the iPhone 6 and 6S work with this model? Or are we going to need a new round of cases?

dimensions appear to be the same, will depend if the camera's fit the cutouts.
DaveTheSnake
(09-07-2016, 09:30 PM)

Originally Posted by diablos991

I'm getting the 64gb 6S+ on T-Mobile for $19 per month.
If T-Mobile offers a way to jump to the new one I will but if not I'll sit this one out.

I'm hoping the same. Really like the 7, but can wait if the cost is too much.
hamchan
(09-07-2016, 09:30 PM)
Seems the least immediately impressive new numbered version of the iPhone at first glance. Seeing as my 6S+ is still awesome I'm very happy to sit this generation out when the benefits over what I have aren't there for the price. Still not happy about the headphone jack situation too.
badcrumble
(09-07-2016, 09:33 PM)

Originally Posted by GameAddict411

No headphone jack like the rumors have been telling since early this year. It's going to piss off a lot of casual users for sure, and hopefully Apple will feel the heat and bring it back on the next iPhone.

Apple will never ever backtrack on this. Wireless audio will only be better a year from now.
Empyrean Heaven
(09-07-2016, 09:34 PM)
Considering how fragile the lightning port already is (seriously, I used to work at RadioShack and replaced at least 15 cables every day) I have my doubts that that dongle will be durable. Not to mention the thousands of dumbass kids who will lose them at school. All to make the damn thing a couple MM thinner.

Dumb move Apple, dumb fucking move. I hate to be that fucking guy, but I'm going to be that fucking guy - Steve would have never done this.
Lothars
(09-07-2016, 09:34 PM)

Apple will never ever backtrack on this. Wireless audio will only be better a year from now.

They will absolutely backtrack on this. In a years time they will be talking about how the next iphone will have it return.
sangreal
(09-07-2016, 09:35 PM)
from the verge:

Another thing I tried: the new home button, which uses a "taptic engine" to give you physical feedback when you press it — it's pressure sensitive too, so it can tell if you really mean to press it or just tap it. And it's awful. On a MacBook trackpad, you get this uncanny feeling that you're actually hitting a button. On the iPhone, the whole bottom of the phone just sort of "kicks." It's not bad haptics like you remember, with weird vibration, it's just a new kind of bad haptics. It doesn't feel like a button at all. It's a bummer.

one of my bigger post-announcement fears
giga
(09-07-2016, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by LyleLanley

It seems kind of stupid to have this beautiful piano black like finish on a phone only to tell people to put a case on it because it scuffs easily.

Yeah if Steve were here he would have said to own your micro abrasions like the ones on your most played records. He must be rolling in his grave.
Jeffrey
(09-07-2016, 09:36 PM)

Originally Posted by sangreal

from the verge:

whats the point?

isn't the whole removal of the jack to put this sensor in?
-Pyromaniac-
(09-07-2016, 09:36 PM)

from the verge:

it's ok, next year there won't be one at all
RootCause
(09-07-2016, 09:37 PM)

from the verge:

Ahh! Don't tell me it's like the capacitive buttons on older android phones.

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

it's ok, next year there won't be one at all

Nightmare fuel.
PetriP-TNT
(09-07-2016, 09:37 PM)
The fucking balls Apple has, they just made millions of headphones absolutely useless by bundling in a dongle you can use to plug your old headphones into.

Why don't they think of the lightning pods?
Danchi
(09-07-2016, 09:38 PM)

Originally Posted by GameAddict411

I think we'll have heard the worst of it by the time it actually comes out to be honest. Give it a few days for the bloggers to publish the numerous articles they've already written about how terrible it is.

For the truly casual buyers--the people whose contracts have now expired and will go into the store knowing next to nothing about the device--they'll just use the headphones that come in the box like always.

"Oh, it goes in this hole instead? Weird." Then they'll start playing with the new camera tricks or talk about how iMessage looks like Snapchat now or any other of the features that "normal people" actually care about.
Boston
(09-07-2016, 09:38 PM)
Can you still get these phones for $200 if you have an upgrade on your plan?
kaskade
(09-07-2016, 09:39 PM)
Think I'm going with the matte black version. I was tempted to go with the white one but I like the darker metal look on this version. I'd probably just get whatever 128gb they have in stock though minus the rose gold. I'm pumped to try out that dual camera.
border

Originally Posted by Jeffrey

whats the point?

Presumably the point is to remove the mechanical, moving button as a point of failure.
Mortemis
wait, this thing ain't even thinner than last year's 6S?
LostMyNarbles
(09-07-2016, 09:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Boston

Can you still get these phones for $200 if you have an upgrade on your plan?

Depends on your carrier. AT&T Doesn't do contracts at all and I think Verizon only does the for legacy customers.
Interfectum

Originally Posted by Lothars

They will absolutely backtrack on this. In a years time they will be talking about how the next iphone will have it return.

lol no they wont.
Tony Iron Man Stark
Banned
Matte Black or Shiny Black? Which one?
dc89
(09-07-2016, 09:41 PM)
^^ Matte for me.

The Verge have a little hands on video and damn, that Jet Black sure is a finger print magnet.
I would also wonder how durable the finish is because screw shiny black surfaces which scratch easy.
CosmicGroinPull
(09-07-2016, 09:41 PM)

Originally Posted by n0razi

Thats obviously what the iWatch is for.

ROFL
border
(09-07-2016, 09:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Lothars

I think sales would have to be absolutely disastrous for them to backtrack. I can't recall the last time Apple ever really flip-flopped on removing an older technology and then putting it back into a product.
thegoosen
(09-07-2016, 09:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Schlorgan

Perfect.

Also, lol at those screen resolutions

totally lol

who needs battery life and heat management when you can watch all these 4K shizzles on your phone.
Jeffrey
(09-07-2016, 09:43 PM)
lol from the verge.

no wonder apple has the fine print for this warning about scratches.

Like wtf.

Has there been a 'numbered' apple device with so many caveats?
KingV
(09-07-2016, 09:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Jeffrey

whats the point?

I'm assuming that is part of the waterproofing.
RootCause

Originally Posted by Tony Iron Man Stark

Matte Black or Shiny Black? Which one?

Id go for the matte one. It looks better imo. But different strokes, and all.
Social

Originally Posted by BFIB

The first page isn't the same without AJs "This is bullshit I just got the iPhone 6S a week ago!"

I agree :(
alba
Little is the new Big
(09-07-2016, 09:45 PM)
I'm in for a matte black 128gb 7+. Coming from a 6 128gb.
RootCause

Originally Posted by thegoosen

totally lol

who needs battery life and heat management when you can watch all these 4K shizzles on your phone.

Lag, and explosions are in, buddy. Get with the times. Lol
mrklaw
MrArseFace
How does the pricing for the upgrade program work in the US? trying to guess if it would be affordable in the UK.

Pricing is a joke, but that's probably down to the stupid exchange rate. The supposedly cheaper 'old' 6S is the same price it was last year when new, and the 7 is 100 more expensive