• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

zewone
Member
(06-14-2017, 09:30 PM)
zewone's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sato Koiji

100 $ PPV? Is that even realistic? Didnt the May/Pac HD version of the fight cost 80$?

The whole thing is absolutely insane!

May/Pac was also $100.
camajise
Member
(06-14-2017, 10:28 PM)
camajise's Avatar
Wtf, Maia being passed up by Masvidal? Woodley to fight Masvidal rather than the guy who just beat him, Maia? Wholly shit this news just ruined my day.
Sweeney Tom
Member
(06-14-2017, 10:31 PM)
Sweeney Tom's Avatar
If Conor's legit making $100 mil, UFC would be better off stripping him now because there's no fucking chance he ever comes back

ed: Pacquiao/Floyd cost $100 PPV on HD, I could easily see that being the price for this on standard def
zewone
Member
(06-14-2017, 10:33 PM)
zewone's Avatar

Originally Posted by camajise

Wtf, Maia being passed up by Masvidal? Woodley to fight Masvidal rather than the guy who just beat him, Maia? Wholly shit this news just ruined my day.

If this is true, I don't know how much value I can put into rankings anymore, including champions.

WME has really embraced the sports entertainment aspect of the UFC. Really makes me care less about the sport/UFC.
Chumley
Banned
(06-14-2017, 10:33 PM)

Originally Posted by camajise

Wtf, Maia being passed up by Masvidal? Woodley to fight Masvidal rather than the guy who just beat him, Maia? Wholly shit this news just ruined my day.

What the hell are you talking about? Link? The Conor news is taking over everything else MMA right now and I haven't seen this reported yet.
Rumblebones
Member
(06-14-2017, 10:42 PM)
Rumblebones's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sato Koiji

100 $ PPV? Is that even realistic? Didnt the May/Pac HD version of the fight cost 80$?

The whole thing is absolutely insane!

May/Pac cost $100 iirc.
Jest Chillin
Member
(06-14-2017, 10:42 PM)
Jest Chillin's Avatar

Originally Posted by zewone

If this is true, I don't know how much value I can put into rankings anymore, including champions.

WME has really embraced the sports entertainment aspect of the UFC. Really makes me care less about the sport/UFC.

Originally Posted by Chumley

What the hell are you talking about? Link? The Conor news is taking over everything else MMA right now and I haven't seen this reported yet.


Rumors. First a rumor that Maia declined the fight. Then a rumor about Masvidal getting the fight.
zewone
Member
(06-15-2017, 03:31 AM)
zewone's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jest Chillin

Rumors. First a rumor that Maia declined the fight. Then a rumor about Masvidal getting the fight.

Thankful it's not true. Woodley says he's fighting Maia in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OI2ABmtaig
camajise
Member
(06-15-2017, 04:33 AM)
camajise's Avatar
Rumors likely spread by the UFC to get Maia to sign the contract for a sooner date then he'd like.
zewone
Member
(06-15-2017, 04:55 AM)
zewone's Avatar

Originally Posted by camajise

Rumors likely spread by the UFC to get Maia to sign the contract for a sooner date then he'd like.

Damn.. now I feel bad for being excited about it.
FUME5
Member
(06-15-2017, 04:58 AM)
FUME5's Avatar
https://twitter.com/demianmaia/statu...58467609903106

Maybe he will be up for 214.

The UFC’s 170-pound kingpin has agreed to fight Maia, according to Damon Martin of FOX Sports, and he doesn’t want it to be the main event of a card. Instead, Woodley would prefer this fight take place on the undercard of UFC 214 — which has a main event set in Daniel Cormier-Jon Jones II.

Maybe not, what the fuck type of logic is that from Woodley (if not a tacit statement that he admits he doesn't draw), you don't have a championship fight on an undercard.
Last edited by FUME5; 06-15-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Fox318
HE HATE ME

World's #1 Los Angeles XTREME fan.
(06-15-2017, 05:04 AM)
Fox318's Avatar

Originally Posted by FUME5

https://twitter.com/demianmaia/statu...58467609903106

Maybe he will be up for 214.



Maybe not, what the fuck type of logic is that from Woodley (if not a tacit statement that he admits he doesn't draw), you don't have a championship fight on an undercard.

After that last fight Woodley knows he isn't a draw and he's terrified of getting stick with somebody like Mia who isn't gonna do a carny promotion of the fight.

You don't get to play it safe for 4 rounds and pump your chest like you are the most entertaining fighter to watch.
Jest Chillin
Member
(06-15-2017, 05:39 AM)
Jest Chillin's Avatar

Originally Posted by FUME5

https://twitter.com/demianmaia/statu...58467609903106

Maybe he will be up for 214.

Maybe not, what the fuck type of logic is that from Woodley (if not a tacit statement that he admits he doesn't draw), you don't have a championship fight on an undercard.

Originally Posted by Fox318

After that last fight Woodley knows he isn't a draw and he's terrified of getting stick with somebody like Mia who isn't gonna do a carny promotion of the fight.

You don't get to play it safe for 4 rounds and pump your chest like you are the most entertaining fighter to watch.

I prefer that logic to MM's logic of "You're not pushing me enough! And I don't want points, I want more pay upfront! And it has to be against someone who draws better than I do!"
pixelation
Member
(06-15-2017, 06:44 AM)
pixelation's Avatar
LMAO at all the UFC fighters trying to get themselves on the May vs McG undercard.
Brerlappin
Member
(06-15-2017, 10:59 AM)
Brerlappin's Avatar
Syder
Member
(06-15-2017, 01:13 PM)
Syder's Avatar

Originally Posted by pixelation

LMAO at all the UFC fighters trying to get themselves on the May vs McG undercard.

Who?
BigJonsson
Member
(06-15-2017, 02:14 PM)
BigJonsson's Avatar

Originally Posted by Syder

Who?


Don Frye vs Mike Tyson
Maklershed
Member
(06-15-2017, 03:06 PM)
Maklershed's Avatar

Originally Posted by BigJonsson

Don Frye vs Mike Tyson

#wouldwatch
Fox318
HE HATE ME

World's #1 Los Angeles XTREME fan.
(06-15-2017, 03:13 PM)
Fox318's Avatar

Originally Posted by Syder

Who?

CM Punk vs Captain Caveman
Sato Koiji
Member
(06-15-2017, 05:29 PM)
Sato Koiji's Avatar
Dana said if Mac ko's Floyd hes gonna be the biggest athlete on earth and on other planets.

I believe him!
Syder
Member
(06-15-2017, 05:40 PM)
Syder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sato Koiji

Dana said if Mac ko's Floyd hes gonna be the biggest athlete on earth and on other planets.

I believe him!

Of course he would be but it ain't happenin'
Heel
Member
(06-15-2017, 07:46 PM)
Heel's Avatar

UFC fans torching money, I see. Amazing.
pixelation
Member
(06-16-2017, 06:40 AM)
pixelation's Avatar

Originally Posted by Syder

Who?

Here's an article on it, but off the top of my head... Miocic, Cyborg... and i don't remember who else lol.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/1...g-vs-mma-bouts
broz0rs
Member
(06-16-2017, 10:34 AM)
broz0rs's Avatar
This is not confirmed yet, but it's certain Floyd's going to make Conor wear 10 oz Winning gloves, which are considered the most soft, padded gloves on the market.
Weckum
Member
(06-16-2017, 03:38 PM)
Weckum's Avatar

Originally Posted by BigJonsson

Don Frye vs Mike Tyson

Miocic wants to fight Anthony Joshua, lol.

And I'm loving the Floyd vs Conor thread. Can't wait for the shenanigans during the actual fight.
SwipeLeftHoney
Banned
(06-16-2017, 07:20 PM)
Matt Hughes HOSPITALIZED as his car collides with a moving Train...
Syder
Member
(06-16-2017, 07:42 PM)
Syder's Avatar

Originally Posted by SwipeLeftHoney

Matt Hughes HOSPITALIZED as his car collides with a moving Train...

Oh shit, hope it's nothing major.
Ryck
Member
(06-16-2017, 07:44 PM)
Ryck's Avatar
Wasn't he just Let go by the UFC? I hate that my mind immediately thinks the worst. -_-
stan_marsh
Banned
(06-16-2017, 07:46 PM)
https://twitter.com/i/moments/875740111559905281
Fox318
HE HATE ME

World's #1 Los Angeles XTREME fan.
(06-16-2017, 08:12 PM)
Fox318's Avatar

Originally Posted by stan_marsh

https://twitter.com/i/moments/875740111559905281

Fight is going to be an embarrassment for the UFC.

They never should have let him fight.
SnakeXs
about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
(06-16-2017, 11:18 PM)
SnakeXs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fox318

Fight is going to be an embarrassment for the UFC.

They never should have let him fight.

In before mind games, he's putting out media to make him look bad and Floyd complacent and get the betting lines on his side.
Syder
Member
(06-17-2017, 12:10 AM)
Syder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fox318

Fight is going to be an embarrassment for the UFC.

They never should have let him fight.

It's more embarrassing for boxing, IMO. People who buy this PPV are going to be so pissed off after the main event.

(It's their own fault for paying for it)
Jest Chillin
Member
(06-17-2017, 12:16 AM)
Jest Chillin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Syder

It's more embarrassing for boxing, IMO. People who buy this PPV are going to be so pissed off after the main event.

(It's their own fault for paying for it)

Boxing fans that buy it will eat it up as even the concept of such a fight makes it "My Sport vs. Your Sport."
Syder
Member
(06-17-2017, 12:22 AM)
Syder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jest Chillin

Boxing fans that buy it will eat it up as even the concept of such a fight makes it "My Sport vs. Your Sport."

The May v McG thread has some MMA idiots and some boxing idiots. I consider it a microcosm of both fan bases; there are dumbasses that will fork over the $100 to watch this shambles.

Good thing for us is we won't have to pay to watch the press conferences which will be the most interesting stuff to come out of this.
polyh3dron
couldn't find a lab with German shepherds
(06-17-2017, 05:04 AM)
polyh3dron's Avatar
Enough about that freak show boxing match, just for a minute at least.

Cris Cyborg vs. Megan Anderson is set for UFC 214 as a Fedderweight Championship Match

After weeks of drama, the UFC is getting ready to finally move on with its women’s featherweight division, and they are doing so in a big way.

The promotion is close to officially booking Cris “Cyborg” Justino vs. Megan Anderson for the 145-pound title at UFC 214 on July 29 in Anaheim, Calif., MMA Fighting has learned. If all goes according to plan, the UFC is expected to announce the highly-anticipated fight in the coming days.

Germaine de Randamie's Twitter page, as of posting time:



No mention of being UFC Women's Featherweight Champ. Like it never even happened, lol

I wish it hadn't.
Last edited by polyh3dron; 06-17-2017 at 05:07 AM.
brentech
Member
(06-17-2017, 05:30 AM)
brentech's Avatar
b b b bu but I thought the UFC was intentionally holding Cyborg back from a 145 tittle.

A division they opened explicitly for her. No one complains more than Cyborg.
Chumley
Banned
(06-17-2017, 09:48 AM)
There's a fight card today brehs
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(06-17-2017, 09:52 AM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar
New thread?..new thread.
Guru-Guru
Member
(06-17-2017, 10:36 AM)
Guru-Guru's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chumley

There's a fight card today brehs

And Singapore is 1 hour timezone difference from Japan so I can actually watch it in the evening. I'm expecting some bad MMA this event, but fuck it, might as well watch the last event before my fight pass expires...Don't think I will renew it.
Sato Koiji
Member
(06-17-2017, 11:10 AM)
Sato Koiji's Avatar
What was Randamies problem anyway? HOw can she decline her champions purse like that? She should have fought Cyborg.

BUT Megan baby is even better. Please dont die Megan! I love you!
iddqd
Member
(06-17-2017, 02:09 PM)
iddqd's Avatar
Colby Covington hugged the shit out of Dong Hyun Kim.
VoxPop
Member
(06-17-2017, 02:49 PM)
VoxPop's Avatar
Bethe is so cringe inducing
TheChits
Member
(06-17-2017, 02:50 PM)
TheChits's Avatar

Originally Posted by iddqd

Colby Covington hugged the shit out of Dong Hyun Kim.

That fight was so bad
Diprosalic
Member
(06-17-2017, 03:00 PM)
Diprosalic's Avatar
Holly needs to be cut from the UFC.
even if she still draws you can't do this to your audiences again and again.
VoxPop
Member
(06-17-2017, 03:00 PM)
VoxPop's Avatar
I find it weird that anyone is scared to engage without bethe who has no power or reach or striking. Holly a boxer literally has thrown zero punches in he first round lol.
brentech
Member
(06-17-2017, 03:01 PM)
brentech's Avatar

Originally Posted by VoxPop

Bethe is so cringe inducing

.
TheChits
Member
(06-17-2017, 03:05 PM)
TheChits's Avatar
Ref having to stop them and tell them to do something. Damn
Guru-Guru
Member
(06-17-2017, 03:06 PM)
Guru-Guru's Avatar
Holm sucks. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want Correia to win.
brentech
Member
(06-17-2017, 03:08 PM)
brentech's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheChits

Ref having to stop them and tell them to do something. Damn

If there was ever a time to cheer for a ref, that was it.
Diprosalic
Member
(06-17-2017, 03:08 PM)
Diprosalic's Avatar
Ronda outboxed Bethe.

Thread Tools