• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

CaptainZombie
Member
(09-13-2017, 08:17 PM)
CaptainZombie's Avatar

Originally Posted by galperi1

Getting the same vibe of that happening as well....

Originally Posted by commish

I dunno what's going on, but I was able to scoop up some more ARK below $3 so I can't complain.

This is so weird with these weird little flash crashes over the last 2 weeks. I haven't been in this game long enough to know if this occurs all of the time, but it can be crazy.

I also picked up some ARK below $3, I was hoping we would of stayed there for a bit so I could get some more since I don't feel like I bought enough.

Do you guys have any thoughts on PIVX and if it is worth holding on to long term? There are so many privacy coins out there, but this one tends to come up on peoples lists for ones to watch out for.
Jiraiza
Member
(09-13-2017, 08:22 PM)
Jiraiza's Avatar

Originally Posted by PolishQ

Another reason for this week's drop, I guess: https://news.vice.com/story/jpmorgan...nd-north-korea

I'm glad the CEO of the bank I'm banking with thinks I'm a murderer, drug dealer, and other things.
Domino Theory
Crystal Dynamics
(09-13-2017, 08:35 PM)
Domino Theory's Avatar

Originally Posted by commish

Right, buy with bitcoin. Keep in mind that you can buy LTC and then sell that for BTC on Bittrex and use that to buy ARK. You can save some money on fees.

Thanks!
commish
Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
(09-13-2017, 08:46 PM)
commish's Avatar

Originally Posted by CaptainZombie

This is so weird with these weird little flash crashes over the last 2 weeks. I haven't been in this game long enough to know if this occurs all of the time, but it can be crazy.

I also picked up some ARK below $3, I was hoping we would of stayed there for a bit so I could get some more since I don't feel like I bought enough.

Do you guys have any thoughts on PIVX and if it is worth holding on to long term? There are so many privacy coins out there, but this one tends to come up on peoples lists for ones to watch out for.

I don't know about PIVX, but I think that NAV at under a dollar is a great buy. That's half off its ATH and I think it'll get there again before long.
DrM
Redmond's Baby
(09-13-2017, 08:55 PM)
Well, I only hope that market goes down on Saturday, because I will spend whole Friday in hospital. My knee arthroscopy is scheduled for Friday and I need to be in hospital at 6:30 am. When I will go home, God knows....
Brandson
Member
(09-13-2017, 09:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

I'm glad the CEO of the bank I'm banking with thinks I'm a murderer, drug dealer, and other things.

What is so bizarre about Dimon's quotes is that his bank is a leader in blockchain development among financial institutions. Bitcoin and blockchain are not the same thing, but his comments show a lack of understanding of the relationship Bitcoin has to Ethereum and JPMorgan's Quorum, and also a lack of respect for his own teams which are by all accounts first-rate. I'm sure there are a lot of confused, and possibly pissed off, developers at JPMorgan today. Attracting more blockchain talent to JPM with Dimon at the helm just got a lot harder.

The blockchain lead at JPM was just named to Fortune's top 40 under 40, together with Vitalik Buterin of Ethereum. Maybe he is upset that she is getting too famous and this is his way of showing it.

Even if he's trying to tank Bitcoin's value to boost Ethereum, those comments still don't make sense, since Ether's price is directly correlated to Bitcoin's. I think ultimately the only conclusion we can draw from his comments is he has embarrassed himself and shown that he doesn't understand the future of his own business very well.
RBelong2Us
Member
(09-13-2017, 09:03 PM)
RBelong2Us's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

I'm glad the CEO of the bank I'm banking with thinks I'm a murderer, drug dealer, and other things.

But you don't actually use it for any transactions. You use it to trade and build your portfolio.

He's not wrong just ignorant.
Cipherr
Member
(09-13-2017, 09:49 PM)
Cipherr's Avatar

Originally Posted by jamsy

I'm never purchasing anything via ACH again. This shit is taking forever. Meanwhile the market is bouncing up and down...

Takes a week for me, how long for yours? I mean, its free thats the thing. And its the only way to put larger amounts of fiat into the system. Bank wires take about as long, yet will cost you $10 to $20.

I don't really feel like the problem is the time. It's the volatility of the market. It's not easy to find a 7 day period in Crypto where something (or many things) aren't soaring to the moon leaving you missing gains or crashing to the ground leaving you missing buy opportunities. Bitcoin was $3352.70 on the 8th of August, 7 days later $4428.15 on Aug 15th.

Imagine watching that climb as you wait your 7 days for ACH xfer
vehn
Member
(09-13-2017, 09:54 PM)
vehn's Avatar
Gdax bank wire is same business day. Just costs tiny bit, and if u make a mistake with putting in info. .. could be bad
Cipherr
Member
(09-13-2017, 10:03 PM)
Cipherr's Avatar

Originally Posted by vehn

Gdax bank wire is same business day. Just costs tiny bit, and if u make a mistake with putting in info. .. could be bad

Wow you are right, it does take 1 bday according to the site. I don't know why I internalized a week. Probably because I knew there's no way I wanted to travel to my bank to do the wires. I think you have to make a physical visit to my bank in order to arrange to send a wire. No way Im doing that once a week to ferry money into the market.
m_shortpants
Member
(09-13-2017, 10:22 PM)
m_shortpants's Avatar
Gonna buy $400 more BTC here
Any Questions
Member
(09-13-2017, 10:23 PM)
Any Questions's Avatar
Have not posted in this thread before but found this and thought you folks might be interested. Am sure you already know but here you go anyway.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.tim.../%3fsource=dam

China’s move last week to ban initial coin offerings (ICO) has caused chaos among start-ups looking to raise money through the novel fund-raising scheme, prompting halts, about-turns and re-thinks.


China is cracking down on fundraising through launches of token-based digital currencies, targeting ICOs in a market that has ballooned this year in what has been a bonanza for digital currency entrepreneurs.

vehn
Member
(09-13-2017, 11:05 PM)
vehn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cipherr

Wow you are right, it does take 1 bday according to the site. I don't know why I internalized a week. Probably because I knew there's no way I wanted to travel to my bank to do the wires. I think you have to make a physical visit to my bank in order to arrange to send a wire. No way Im doing that once a week to ferry money into the market.

My bank, USAA, u can do it by internet for wires less than 10k... or through phone for wires more than 10k. Not too bad.
Donos
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:08 AM)
Donos's Avatar
Hope nobody here has any DNT anymore. That token is nearing 1000 sats and seems pretty dead in the water for now. Let's see if it can recover out of that hole.

If you still want some, it's rather cheap now compared to ATH :)

ARK just clawed itself back over 3 €.
Bauer24
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:43 AM)
Bauer24's Avatar
I was also thinking of buying some Nav coin but they don't seem to bring anything different or new to the table. Monero already does the same thing and is a more established brand.

Anyone here bought any wtc?
The Rizza
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:07 AM)
The Rizza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Donos

Hope nobody here has any DNT anymore. That token is nearing 1000 sats and seems pretty dead in the water for now. Let's see if it can recover out of that hole.

If you still want some, it's rather cheap now compared to ATH :)

ARK just clawed itself back over 3 €.

I sadly have some DNT, was just trying to ride the swing up and didn't cash out at the right time. So low right now, I'm just holding it until it goes back up
PolishQ
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:10 AM)
PolishQ's Avatar
My portfolio at the moment is ARK, NEO, OMG, TNT and a tiny bit of GAS and BNB.
gaming_noob
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:57 AM)
gaming_noob's Avatar
XBY (Xtrabytes) will be added to 2 new exchanges "soon". It's like 1.9 cents right now.
I got nearly 59,000 for about $1400 last week lol. No Bittrex yet.
Cipherr
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:58 AM)
Cipherr's Avatar

Originally Posted by vehn

My bank, USAA, u can do it by internet for wires less than 10k... or through phone for wires more than 10k. Not too bad.

FML. I had BOA try and burn me horribly a decade or so ago during the midst of the financial crisis and we moved all our business to a smaller local chain of banks. Two total. Im missing the convenience of large chains right now. Our bank requires all wires to take a physical visit.

Originally Posted by gaming_noob

XBY (Xtrabytes) will be added to 2 new exchanges "soon". It's like 1.9 cents right now.
I got nearly 59,000 for about $1400 last week lol. No Bittrex yet.

They have a vote on their slack for 2 exchanges to add next. The leaders being BTER and Nova. Neither are particularly high volume exchanges. I wouldnt expect much of a price bump off of the addition of those two. I could be wrong though; but I decided against putting money in it. XBY is however down over the last few weeks and is probably due for a bump of some kind.
Jiraiza
Member
(09-14-2017, 02:30 AM)
Jiraiza's Avatar
Welp, ARK recovered surprisingly fast.
gaming_noob
Member
(09-14-2017, 02:43 AM)
gaming_noob's Avatar
Yeah my XBY investment is probably a 5 year hold. Not expecting large profits.
TheLostBigBoss
Member
(09-14-2017, 03:08 AM)
TheLostBigBoss's Avatar
ARK is love

ARK is life
syllogism
Member
(09-14-2017, 03:58 AM)
syllogism's Avatar
ACES is now listed as 98% complete. Probably next week then, hopefully there's another dip this weekend.
CaptainZombie
Member
(09-14-2017, 04:26 AM)
CaptainZombie's Avatar

Originally Posted by syllogism

ACES is now listed as 98% complete. Probably next week then, hopefully there's another dip this weekend.

Hopefully a dip comes as early as tomorrow. Everything is starting to go red yet again, so maybe another change to get some cheaper ARK.
Sulik2
Member
(09-14-2017, 05:11 AM)
Sulik2's Avatar
Ark almost back to $4 this coin is gonna pull a NEO I bet when aces releases.
sun-drop
Member
(09-14-2017, 05:23 AM)
i see CEX.io charges 3.5% for USD deposits .. is there anywhere cheaper than that??
DrM
Redmond's Baby
(09-14-2017, 08:56 AM)
ARK breaking 100k line, now at 104k

/insert itprintsmoney.gif
pieface
Member
(09-14-2017, 09:10 AM)
pieface's Avatar
ARK <3
Jiraiza
Member
(09-14-2017, 09:12 AM)
Jiraiza's Avatar
Almost tempted to just say fuck it and go all in with ARK, but my common sense is stronger than the YOLO.
CCS
Banned
(09-14-2017, 09:12 AM)
After losing money trying to diversify, I sure am glad I just piled all my money into ARK.
Donos
Member
(09-14-2017, 09:14 AM)
Donos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

Almost tempted to just say fuck it and go all in with ARK, but my common sense is stronger than the YOLO.

Weekend is coming up which has a good chance for a dip so i would wait at least a few days
DrM
Redmond's Baby
(09-14-2017, 09:20 AM)
ARK at 113k. Wow.
csquared587
Member
(09-14-2017, 09:21 AM)
csquared587's Avatar
Daaamnn. Good morning indeed.
pieface
Member
(09-14-2017, 09:34 AM)
pieface's Avatar
Remember, the release of ACES is still to come too:D
Donos
Member
(09-14-2017, 09:37 AM)
Donos's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

Remember, the release of ACES is still to come too:D

When releases "disappoint", they can initiate a dump/dip so it's not 100% certain that the price is going to get another boost.
DonMigs85
Member
(09-14-2017, 09:46 AM)
DonMigs85's Avatar
Nobody into Expanse here? Still thinking about Tokenlab but I do wonder just how many ICOs can continue to launch on it.
https://www.tokenlab.io
Slayer-33
Liverpool-2
(09-14-2017, 09:55 AM)
Slayer-33's Avatar
Jesus Christ ARK, fuck why didn't I hop on it... Christ
Ryuelli
Member
(09-14-2017, 10:01 AM)
Ryuelli's Avatar
What's the easiest way to jump into Ark? I just started with Crypto in general last week, so my knowledge is pretty much limited to Coinbase, Bitfinix, and GDAX.
Jzero
Member
(09-14-2017, 10:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Slayer-33

Jesus Christ ARK, fuck why didn't I hop on it... Christ

Same, I only bought 15
pieface
Member
(09-14-2017, 10:20 AM)
pieface's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryuelli

What's the easiest way to jump into Ark? I just started with Crypto in general last week, so my knowledge is pretty much limited to Coinbase, Bitfinix, and GDAX.

Bittrex
tzare
Member
(09-14-2017, 10:24 AM)
tzare's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryuelli

What's the easiest way to jump into Ark? I just started with Crypto in general last week, so my knowledge is pretty much limited to Coinbase, Bitfinix, and GDAX.

i sent my BTC from Coinbase to Bittrex and bought it from there, then transferred to ark wallet . Not bought many, but nice to si them going up and compensating the decline for LTC and ETH.
If i had known i had bought BTC on GDAX instead of Coinbase, seems than had been a better deal with lower fees.
pieface
Member
(09-14-2017, 10:45 AM)
pieface's Avatar

Originally Posted by Donos

When releases "disappoint", they can initiate a dump/dip so it's not 100% certain that the price is going to get another boost.

True, though having seen some of it I don't think it will disappoint. :)
gaming_noob
Member
(09-14-2017, 10:53 AM)
gaming_noob's Avatar
ACES and eventually Binance will probably add this coin in their exchange. Binance will be adding 5 new coins each month (?) so next 2 months tops we can expect it to be added
Donos
Member
(09-14-2017, 10:53 AM)
Donos's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

True, though having seen some of it I don't think it will disappoint. :)

Hope so. Have 700 ARK myself.

Not a friend of Binance atm. Can't withdraw anything since i don't get the email I'm supposed to confirm. No response from support yet... Have 200€ of ETH there which i wanted to change into ARK at Bittrex when it still was at 2.70€...
pieface
Member
(09-14-2017, 11:09 AM)
pieface's Avatar

Originally Posted by Donos

Hope so. Have 700 ARK myself.

Not a friend of Binance atm. Can't withdraw anything since i don't get the email I'm supposed to confirm. No response from support yet... Have 200€ of ETH there which i wanted to change into ARK at Bittrex when it still was at 2.70€...

Nice stack :)

Here's to hoping we can go to $10 / $20 in the next few months. That would be pretty crazy :)
DonMigs85
Member
(09-14-2017, 11:24 AM)
DonMigs85's Avatar
Dopecoin and Hempcoin are doing well
Donos
Member
(09-14-2017, 11:32 AM)
Donos's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

Nice stack :)

Here's to hoping we can go to $10 / $20 in the next few months. That would be pretty crazy :)

Can't complain. 1.100 € profit so far since i got half of the stack under 1.10 €. Hope i can repeat my antshare/neo luck.
DrM
Redmond's Baby
(09-14-2017, 12:02 PM)

Originally Posted by DonMigs85

Dopecoin and Hempcoin are doing well

Urge for avatar quote is massive :D

All we need is CocaCoin (CCO) and scene will be filled
gooderthanu
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:16 PM)
gooderthanu's Avatar

Originally Posted by pieface

Nice stack :)

Here's to hoping we can go to $10 / $20 in the next few months. That would be pretty crazy :)


I have the itch to buy more ark but kinda overspending within my budget. I did buy most of it when it was barely at $2 I think
gaming_noob
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:20 PM)
gaming_noob's Avatar
My ARK stack went -200 a week and a half ago trying to Day trade for a day. I'd say that's a good lesson for me.

Thread Tools