• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Aizo
音楽オタク
(09-02-2017, 05:27 AM)
Aizo's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Unfinished page from the Gotham Resistance:

That looks fun.
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 05:32 AM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar
Uh oh.... Messi to be visiting Texas?

Edit: That actually looks pretty cool.
La Maquinon
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:01 AM)
La Maquinon's Avatar
I wanted to hate Astonishing X-Men because of all you people who love it but don't like X-Men Blue. But, dammit, it is fantastic so far. Makes Blue look like poop. And I like Blue!
Sandfox
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:11 AM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by La Maquinon

I wanted to hate Astonishing X-Men because of all you people who love it but don't like X-Men Blue. But, dammit, it is fantastic so far. Makes Blue look like poop. And I like Blue!

I like both lol.
Aizo
音楽オタク
(09-02-2017, 06:25 AM)
Aizo's Avatar

Originally Posted by La Maquinon

I wanted to hate Astonishing X-Men because of all you people who love it but don't like X-Men Blue. But, dammit, it is fantastic so far. Makes Blue look like poop. And I like Blue!

I just bought Blue today. Don't say this to me!
La Maquinon
Member
(09-02-2017, 07:15 AM)
La Maquinon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aizo

I just bought Blue today. Don't say this to me!

I'll be curious to see what you think of Blue. I just read #9. And I still do like it. Astonishing is just really, really good.
Aizo
音楽オタク
(09-02-2017, 08:21 AM)
Aizo's Avatar
I just read Ivy, a graphic novel written and illustrated by Sarah Oleksyk. Looking her up now, I'm glad to see she's had work on some cartoons including Regular Show and Star vs. the Forces of Evil (Freeza, what is it you like about that show? I'm unfamiliar).


I'm a sucker for coming of age stories. A high school girl named Ivy wants to go to art school, but her mother won't let her. Ivy starts to fall for a boy, but problems keep piling up. It touches on a lot of different problems for many adolescents. Some of which, I could relate to. Others, I knew my friends were going through. High school sucks for a lot of kids. I personally have a lot of great memories from high school, but there were some hard times for sure. It's a nice book. Very personal. Reminds me of some of my friends whose lives kind of got out of control. You always hope those people will find a way to work things out.
Mafro
Member
(09-02-2017, 11:42 AM)
Mafro's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster

Why on earth does Bleeding Cool have articles about wrestling and American football?

Probably trying to attract a bigger audience than just comic fans. See also their increased coverage on gaming.

The site is a mess these days. I clicked on an article the other day and it had three separate autoplay video ads throughout the page. When I'm listening to music on my phone and click on an article, something on the page pauses my music but there's no video ad playing or anything. No idea what ad stuff they're using but it seems really, dodgy.
Malyse
stop advertising threads
(09-02-2017, 01:59 PM)
Malyse's Avatar
Man, a Batman game based on the War of Jokes and Riddles would be amazing. The third act would be set up by the dinner scene and you would have to choose as Bruce Wayne which villain you would back.
GAMEPROFF
Member
(09-02-2017, 03:48 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar
I guess my date or meeting or whatever it was was quite fun.
I hope she wants to see me again 🙈
LordOfLore
Member
(09-02-2017, 03:50 PM)
LordOfLore's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

I guess my date or meeting or whatever it was was quite fun.
I hope she wants to see me again 🙈

Nice! Where did you go?
GAMEPROFF
Member
(09-02-2017, 03:53 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Nice! Where did you go?

We went to a SeaLife, its a Aquarium will all kind of fishes and on a small walk afterwards. No 5 hours date, more 2 hours, but it wasnt akwards and this was my biggest fear.
Aizo
音楽オタク
(09-02-2017, 03:54 PM)
Aizo's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

I guess my date or meeting or whatever it was was quite fun.
I hope she wants to see me again 🙈

Hey, that's great! I hope so, too!
The girl I was so happy about giving my number to last weekend messaged me for a few days before telling me she had a boyfriend when I asked her out. She was flirty, too.
I hope your situation works out much better!
RedHoodedOwl
Member
(09-02-2017, 03:54 PM)
RedHoodedOwl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Malyse

Man, a Batman game based on the War of Jokes and Riddles would be amazing. The third act would be set up by the dinner scene and you would have to choose as Bruce Wayne which villain you would back.

That could be a future season of Batman Telltale Games.


Oh, wait The Riddler is dead, nevermind.
GAMEPROFF
Member
(09-02-2017, 05:07 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aizo

Hey, that's great! I hope so, too!
The girl I was so happy about giving my number to last weekend messaged me for a few days before telling me she had a boyfriend when I asked her out. She was flirty, too.
I hope your situation works out much better!

I doubt it we will see 😅
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 05:20 PM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

Uh oh.... Messi to be visiting Texas?

Edit: That actually looks pretty cool.

No. I'm terrified of heights.

But nice to see her continue to establish herself as the 4th pillar.
La Maquinon
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:03 PM)
La Maquinon's Avatar
Nice to see Spurrier's upcoming series, Angelic, is promoted in the most recent issue of Saga. Still angry at all you assholes who didn't buy Godshaper.

Saga is my new favorite soap opera, I've decided. And I think they've told a beautiful story about losing a baby. Intereting for me personally, as my partner and I are trying.
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:14 PM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by La Maquinon

Nice to see Spurrier's upcoming series, Angelic, is promoted in the most recent issue of Saga. Still angry at all you assholes who didn't buy Godshaper.

Saga is my new favorite soap opera, I've decided. And I think they've told a beautiful story about losing a baby. Intereting for me personally, as my partner and I are trying.

Godshaper was always planned as a mini. It wasn't cancelled.
La Maquinon
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:20 PM)
La Maquinon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

Godshaper was always planned as a mini. It wasn't cancelled.

Really? I never came across that info. Where did Spurrier say so?
Ross61
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:22 PM)
Ross61's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Lee Weeks is working on the Batman Annual and shared a panel with Selina.

His issue of Titans was the best. If him or Minkyu Jung could just take over the art on that series it would literally skyrocket like Stjepan Sejic did for Aquaman.
VanWinkle
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:35 PM)
VanWinkle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ross61

His issue of Titans was the best. If him or Minkyu Jung could just take over the art on that series it would literally skyrocket like Stjepan Sejic did for Aquaman.

Agreed. Booth is really holding that book back from its potential.
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(09-02-2017, 07:49 PM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar
Alright comic gaf. What's the situation for Destiny 2. Who's buying it and which system

I'm not sure what to do for it. I loved playing it PC, but PS4 has slightly more content and coming out next week. But with my backlog I could probably wait just fine

So I'm looking at either
1) Wait for PC
2) Skip it
3) PS4 (which will likely lead me to option 4)
4) Double dip on PS4 & PC
ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(09-02-2017, 07:49 PM)

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

Alright comic gaf. What's the situation for Destiny 2. Who's buying it and which system

I'm not sure what to do for it. I loved playing it PC, but PS4 has slightly more content and coming out next week. But with my backlog I could probably wait just fine

So I'm looking at either
1) Wait for PC
2) Skip it
3) PS4 (which will likely lead me to option 4)
4) Double dip on PS4 & PC

Just wait and see what happens. Maybe number one.
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 07:58 PM)
Messi's Avatar
Capullo sold the original art for the Batman #1 cover today. He apparently sold it for $50,000.
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 08:06 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

Capullo sold the original art for the Batman #1 cover today. He apparently sold it for $50,000.

You could buy a lot of monster girl merchandise for that much.
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 08:35 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar
Holy shit. My Abe Sapien statue showed up today. Can't believe it's actually legit. A $150 statue for $25.
LordOfLore
Member
(09-02-2017, 08:38 PM)
LordOfLore's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

Capullo sold the original art for the Batman #1 cover today. He apparently sold it for $50,000.

Damn, that's one lucky owner.
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 08:44 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Damn, that's one lucky owner.

I would rather have the $50,000.
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 08:47 PM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

I would rather have the $50,000.

It's an investment. That run will be remembered for a while.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...t-sells-186468
Wanderer5
Member
(09-02-2017, 09:32 PM)
Wanderer5's Avatar
The PC beta for Destiny 2 kind of rekindle my interests of the series, but personally I am just going to wait and see, and I got Wolfenstein 2 a few days after the PC release anyway
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 09:39 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wanderer5

The PC beta for Destiny 2 kind of rekindle my interests of the series, but personally I am just going to wait and see, and I got Wolfenstein 2 a few days after the PC release anyway

Honestly, I'm looking forward to AC Origins more than Wolf 2. They both drop on the same day. I like Wolfenstein, but story aside, they're pretty much bare-bones FPS games. The environmental interaction is minimal, and that's the kind of thing that ads a lot to a shooter for me.
Wanderer5
Member
(09-02-2017, 09:50 PM)
Wanderer5's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

Honestly, I'm looking forward to AC Origins more than Wolf 2. They both drop on the same day. I like Wolfenstein, but story aside, they're pretty much bare-bones FPS games. The environmental interaction is minimal, and that's the kind of thing that ads a lot to a shooter for me.

I just want the gunplay and set pieces to improve least, which is looking to be the case from what I seen, so super excited. Should perform much better for sure too, since it is id tech 6.

I was tempted to check out Origins, especially with it being in Egypt, but eh, I don't think I am set to come back to AC for now.
GAMEPROFF
Member
(09-02-2017, 09:59 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar
Cant wait to kill some Nazis.
LordOfLore
Member
(09-02-2017, 10:25 PM)
LordOfLore's Avatar
Mr. Oz has been revealed.
Wanderer5
Member
(09-02-2017, 10:27 PM)
Wanderer5's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Mr. Oz has been revealed.

DUN DUN DUUUUUU- whoever that is.:P
LordOfLore
Member
(09-02-2017, 10:28 PM)
LordOfLore's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wanderer5

DUN DUN DUUUUUU- whoever that is.:P

Dear old dad.
Wanderer5
Member
(09-02-2017, 10:30 PM)
Wanderer5's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Dear old dad.

Wait, Jor-El?!
La Maquinon
Member
(09-02-2017, 10:48 PM)
La Maquinon's Avatar
I wonder why Fish isn't doing the upcoming Slam series. I thought her art was perfect fit. :/
RedHoodedOwl
Member
(09-02-2017, 10:59 PM)
RedHoodedOwl's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Mr. Oz has been revealed.

Jor-El hasn't aged well.
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 11:10 PM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by La Maquinon

I wonder why Fish isn't doing the upcoming Slam series. I thought her art was perfect fit. :/

Cancelling a series generally leads to artists looking for new jobs regardless of your intent to relaunch solicited issues as a second volume in an attempt to get new readers...
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 11:10 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wanderer5

I was tempted to check out Origins, especially with it being in Egypt, but eh, I don't think I am set to come back to AC for now.

I haven't played an AC game since Black Flag, so I'm in for this one.
ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(09-02-2017, 11:49 PM)

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Mr. Oz has been revealed.

Oh shit.
La Maquinon
Member
(09-03-2017, 12:05 AM)
La Maquinon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

Cancelling a series generally leads to artists looking for new jobs regardless of your intent to relaunch solicited issues as a second volume in an attempt to get new readers...

So you're guessing that she got busy. Could have just said as much.
Messi
Member
(09-03-2017, 12:06 AM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by La Maquinon

So you're guessing that she got busy. Could have just said as much.

No I am shitting on boom and their practices.Il I'd move on if I was working for someone with one of the lowest page rates in the industry and didn't pay on time.

She got busy because they shelved her book.
Last edited by Messi; 09-03-2017 at 12:10 AM.
VanWinkle
Member
(09-03-2017, 12:15 AM)
VanWinkle's Avatar
I have no idea how I'm supposed to not be spoiled as to Oz's identity. I'm waiting on OHCs so it will probably be a year until I'm into the issue with the reveal.
La Maquinon
Member
(09-03-2017, 12:16 AM)
La Maquinon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

No I am shitting on boom and their practices.Il I'd move on if I was working for someone with one of the lowest page rates in the industry and didn't pay on time.

She got busy because they shelved her book.

Ah, I see. Perhaps they're struggling finacially? Would be unfortunate if they went out of business as I've really enjoyed some of their titles. And I feel they offer something unique.

Not an excuse, of course. Creators should absolutely be paid properly and on time. And if they can't do that then perhaps they ought to pack it in.
ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(09-03-2017, 12:20 AM)
Ryan Higgins was right about the three levels of spoilers.
whatsinaname
Member
(09-03-2017, 12:26 AM)
whatsinaname's Avatar
I still have WW omnibus sitting unfinished but can't stop reading Valerian. There is something new and fresh and wonderful on every page!

Originally Posted by VanWinkle

I have no idea how I'm supposed to not be spoiled as to Oz's identity. I'm waiting on OHCs so it will probably be a year until I'm into the issue with the reveal.

Wanderer5
Member
(09-03-2017, 12:40 AM)
Wanderer5's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

I haven't played an AC game since Black Flag, so I'm in for this one.

I was out even before that heh. I think AC2 was the one time that really hit me, and then I suddenly just stopped getting into series.

Thread Tools