• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Draxal
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:35 PM)
Draxal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

Seth Rollins is the only Shield member who has anything close to a total package of mic work, ring work, and look

Nah, Roman is better.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(09-01-2017, 06:35 PM)
Data West's Avatar
https://streamable.com/osup1

Shoooooooooooooooooooot
SomewhatGroovy
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:35 PM)
SomewhatGroovy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Draxal

Nah, Roman is better.

Reported.
DMczaf
(09-01-2017, 06:35 PM)
DMczaf's Avatar
I need the Vince McMahon bodybuilding reactions GIF edited with SHOOOOOOT moments and that would be my feeling when I click this thread this month.
Draxal
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:37 PM)
Draxal's Avatar

Originally Posted by SomewhatGroovy

Reported.

I mean Roman has pulled nonstop solid matches. Neither Seth or Roman are good on the mic, and they both have decent looks.
SomewhatGroovy
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:37 PM)
SomewhatGroovy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Data West

https://streamable.com/osup1

Shoooooooooooooooooooot

It backfires when he says to tell him how HHH's dick tastes.

Why does he want to know?
ElectricBlanketFire
Banned
(09-01-2017, 06:39 PM)
ElectricBlanketFire's Avatar

Originally Posted by klonere

mmmmhmmm

I always ask and never seem to get an answer: Who is that and how badly was he injured (if at all)?
Brian_FETO
Banned
(09-01-2017, 06:39 PM)

Originally Posted by SomewhatGroovy

It backfires when he says to tell him how HHH's dick tastes.

Why does he want to know?

Because he'll never get the opportunity
SomewhatGroovy
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:40 PM)
SomewhatGroovy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brian_FETO

Because he'll never get the opportunity

aaaaaand THATS A GODDAMN SHOOT!
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(09-01-2017, 06:41 PM)
Data West's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElectricBlanketFire

I always ask and never seem to get an answer: Who is that and how badly was he injured (if at all)?

It's Jun Kasai
Professor Beef
Banned
(09-01-2017, 06:45 PM)
Professor Beef's Avatar
Jun Kas-why
Sephzilla
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:47 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Draxal

I mean Roman has pulled nonstop solid matches. Neither Seth or Roman are good on the mic, and they both have decent looks.

I think Seth is better than Roman on the mic.

When was the last time Seth forgot a line on camera?

Originally Posted by Data West

https://streamable.com/osup1

Shoooooooooooooooooooot

YEAH! YOU GO OFF AND GET A BETTER PAYING JOB THAT WILL GET YOU MORE EXPOSURE AND QUALITY OPPONENTS THAN I'LL EVER GET! YEAH, I SHOWED YOU!
Anth0ny
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:51 PM)
Anth0ny's Avatar

Originally Posted by RBH

they should have sent these three to invade wcw on that attitude era show

the SHOOTERS

HIT THE FUCKIN MUSIC


what the fuck would kevin nash, the bitch, have done? that's right, he would have done FOOK ALL.
SomewhatGroovy
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:51 PM)
SomewhatGroovy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

I think Seth is better than Roman on the mic.

When was the last time Seth forgot a line on camera?

While true, I can't help but think that Roman has a number of memorable moments during promos under his belt than Seth has. If I'm being honest, and I'm probably the biggest Rollins mark here, I can only remember "I need to fight you to fight for the man i used to be" promo against HHH at Mania and the Sting statue moment.

I can remember more Roman moments and neither Rollins nor Dean has anything on that "This is my yard" line after the crowd boos him for 5 minutes RAW after Mania.
Foggy
Banned
(09-01-2017, 06:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Data West

https://streamable.com/osup1

Shoooooooooooooooooooot

Only thing that interests me is finding out what the lovechild of Bob Barker and Col. Sanders is up to behind that entrance
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(09-01-2017, 06:52 PM)
Data West's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sephzilla


YEAH! YOU GO OFF AND GET A BETTER PAYING JOB THAT WILL GET YOU MORE EXPOSURE AND QUALITY OPPONENTS THAN I'LL EVER GET! YEAH, I SHOWED YOU!

Alex wrestles for NJPW
Sephzilla
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:53 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Data West

Alex wrestles for NJPW

slightconfuse
Banned
(09-01-2017, 06:54 PM)
Seth where are you Demon King Rollins
excelsiorlef
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:54 PM)
excelsiorlef's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

I think Seth is better than Roman on the mic.

When was the last time Seth forgot a line on camera?

Hell no.

Reigns' cocky prick shtick is a million times more grounded than Seth's "We are the world, we are the children" crap
Sephzilla
Member
(09-01-2017, 06:54 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar
I honestly can't think of a good Roman promo outside of the "I'm not a bad guy" promo
SomewhatGroovy
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:02 PM)
SomewhatGroovy's Avatar

Originally Posted by excelsiorlef

Hell no.

Reigns' cocky prick shtick is a million times more grounded than Seth's "We are the world, we are the children" crap

Rollins has an edge. I dont buy the Roman shtick because I'm positive even roman doesnt. Roman lacks the killer edge or a mean streak in his characters presentation. in terms of character, he is the nia jax of the male roster and thats a shoot. He is the least intimidating "Big DAWG" I have ever seen.
excelsiorlef
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:04 PM)
excelsiorlef's Avatar

Originally Posted by SomewhatGroovy

Rollins has an edge. I dont buy the Roman shtick because I'm positive even roman doesnt. Roman lacks the killer edge or a mean streak in his characters presentation. in terms of character, he is the nia jax of the male roster and thats a shoot. He is the least intimidating "Big DAWG" I have ever seen.

Reigns promo style isn't a killer streak or mean strick or intimidation.

He's a smug prick.
Dental Plan
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:07 PM)
Dental Plan's Avatar
I took the day off to have a 4 day weekend. Now I'm inside my house that doesn't have central AC. I worked myself into a shoot I should have went to work with the free AC.
British Monsoon
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:08 PM)
British Monsoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Data West

Alex wrestles for NJPW

Yeah, he's a Jr. though...so, by proxy, you just praised the Jr. tag division :p
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(09-01-2017, 07:09 PM)
Data West's Avatar

Originally Posted by British Monsoon

Yeah, he's a Jr. though...so, by proxy, you just praised the Jr. tag division :p

Hiromu exists

sometimes he tags
Zach
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:10 PM)
Zach's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dental Plan

I took the day off to have a 4 day weekend. Now I'm inside my house that doesn't have central AC. I worked myself into a shoot I should have went to work with the free AC.

Just play it cool and go into work like George Costanza after he quit.
British Monsoon
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:12 PM)
British Monsoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Data West

Hiromu exists

sometimes he tags

Nah, you love the Bucks. I know the truth!



Hopefully this is an indication of an impending Hiromu & BUSHI run with the Jr. tag titles.
Nocturnowl
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:13 PM)
Nocturnowl's Avatar
I'm just in time for shootember, leading into Kanetober


Sweeney Tom
Banned
(09-01-2017, 07:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Draxal

Nah, Roman is better.

yep

Reigns, then Seth, then Dean
Beefy
Banned
(09-01-2017, 07:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Data West

https://streamable.com/osup1

Shoooooooooooooooooooot

Lil bit of homophobic shit going on
Draxal
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:14 PM)
Draxal's Avatar

Originally Posted by SomewhatGroovy

Rollins has an edge. I dont buy the Roman shtick because I'm positive even roman doesnt. Roman lacks the killer edge or a mean streak in his characters presentation. in terms of character, he is the nia jax of the male roster and thats a shoot. He is the least intimidating "Big DAWG" I have ever seen.

Roman is a billion times better than Nia.

Originally Posted by Sweeney Tom

yep

Reigns, then Seth, then Dean

Ayup, its how I'd rate them.

I do think they work way better as a trio (or a duo with Roman going to the Usos). Also, Seth is a horrible horrible face, just seems like such a tryhard.
Zach
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:20 PM)
Zach's Avatar
I am so mad at my former friend Fox318 for the thread title.
SomewhatGroovy
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:25 PM)
SomewhatGroovy's Avatar
I do think Roman is on a trajectory to get to another level after that Cena promo, which, when we as fans see something like that transpire, our reaction is "Ohhhhh shit!!". In reality, that promo was a passing the torch moment if I've ever seen one. Roman needed to be put in that spot to fuck up so he can know what it feels like, figure out how to keep up, and come back and deliver after he figures it out. Learning on the job if you will. I think he'll do it and he has Cena to thank for it as only Cena can do to him what was done the other night. Theoretically, Roman should be a better promo here on out.

The guy has just been getting better since Mania. No more Jack and the Beanstalk promos.
El-Suave
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:26 PM)
El-Suave's Avatar
Seth has better delivery than Roman but his lines are just as horrible - babyface Seth pandering to the crowd was awful. At least Reigns has a chance to look cool to some people with his corny lines about yards and dogs.
Zach
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:26 PM)
Zach's Avatar

Originally Posted by SomewhatGroovy

I do think Roman is on a trajectory to get to another level after that Cena promo, which, when we as fans see something like that transpire, our reaction is "Ohhhhh shit!!". In reality, that promo was a passing the torch moment if I've ever seen one. Roman needed to be put in that spot to fuck up so he can know what it feels like, figure out how to keep up, and come back and deliver after he figures it out. Learning on the job if you will. I think he'll do it and he has Cena to thank for it as only Cena can do to him what was done the other night. Theoretically, Roman should be a better promo here on out.

🤔
SallyIsNow
Banned
(09-01-2017, 07:28 PM)

Originally Posted by SomewhatGroovy

I do think Roman is on a trajectory to get to another level after that Cena promo, which, when we as fans see something like that transpire, our reaction is "Ohhhhh shit!!". In reality, that promo was a passing the torch moment if I've ever seen one. Roman needed to be put in that spot to fuck up so he can know what it feels like, figure out how to keep up, and come back and deliver after he figures it out. Learning on the job if you will. I think he'll do it and he has Cena to thank for it as only Cena can do to him what was done the other night. Theoretically, Roman should be a better promo here on out.

🤔
Anth0ny
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:28 PM)
Anth0ny's Avatar
Meletzer just posted the leaked "work shoot" promo Roman is going to cut next week:



John Cena, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this, because before you leave in three weeks to film a Transformers movie, I have a lot of things I wanna get off my chest.

I donít hate you, John. I donít even dislike you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the back. I hateÖ this ideaÖ that youíre THE GUYÖ because youíre not. Iím THE GUY. Iím the best GUY in the world. Thereís one thing youíre better at than I am, and thatís kissing internet fanís asses. Youíre as good at kissing internet fanís asses as Daniel Bryan was! I donít know if youíre as good as PhilÖ heís a pretty good ass-kisserÖ always was and still is. OopsÖ Iím breaking the fourth wall. [Roman waves to the camera.] I am the bestÖ BIG DOGÖ in the world. Iíve been the best ever since Day One when I walked into this company, and Iíve been vilified and hated since that day because Vince McMahon saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. Thatís right, Iím a Vince McMahon guy. You know who else was a Vince McMahon guy? Randy OrtonÖ and he was THE GUY, just like Iím THE GUY, but the biggest difference between me and RANDY is that Iím going to main event my 4th Wrestlemania next year.

Iíve grabbed so many of the Internet Sports Entertainment Communityís imaginary brass rings that itís finally dawned on me that theyíre just that. Theyíre completely imaginary. The only thing thatís real is me, and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six years, Iíve proved to everybody in the world that I am the best GUY, the best BIG DOG, and that this is MY YARD. Nobody can touch me. And yet, no matter how many times I prove it, Iím not on your lovely podcasts, Iím not on the cover of the PWI 500, Iím barely praised for my promo ability or in ring psychology, I donít get any YOU DESERVE IT chants, Iím not on any crappy show on the WWE Network, Iím not on the poster of the NeoGAF Wrasslin OT, Iím not on the signature thatís produced at the start of the Live Audio Wrestling show. Iím not on Dave Meltzer, Iím not on John Pollock, but the fact of the matter is I should be, and trust me, this isnít sour grapes, but the fact that ďOkadaĒ has three 6 star matches and I don't makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight, those of you who are booing me right nowÖ you are just as big a part of me being THE GUY as anyone else, because youíre the ones watching NXT, youíre the ones that buy those Observer subscriptions that my matches don't get five stars on, and then at five in the morning at the airport, you try to shove it in my face thinking you can get an autograph and sell it on eBay because youíre too lazy to get a real job.

Iím leaving No Mercy Pay Per View Live on the WWE Network as THE GUY and hell, who knows, maybe Iíll go defend it in NXTÖ maybe Iíll go back to RAWÖ [Roman waves to the camera again] hey, Seth Rollins, how you doing? The reason Iím THE GUY is you people, because after Iím THE GUY youíre still going to pour money into this company ó Iím just a spoke on the wheel ó the wheelís gonna keep turning. And I understand thatÖ that Vince McMahonís gonna make money despite the Internet Sports Entertainment CommunityÖ heís a millionaire who should be a billionaireÖ you know why heís not a billionaire? Itís because he surrounds himself with glad-handing nonsensical douchebag indie wrestlers like Shinsuke Nakamura, whoís gonna go out there and put the audience to sleep with his work rate and strong styleÖ and Iíd like to think that maybe this company will be better after the indies DIE, but the fact is itís gonna get taken over by New Japan specialists or doofus TNA trademarked gimmicks and the rest of those stupid Bullet Club members.

Let me tell you a personal story about John Cena. You know we do this whole Make a Wish campaign?

*mic cuts off*
Hasney
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:29 PM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by SomewhatGroovy

I do think Roman is on a trajectory to get to another level after that Cena promo, which, when we as fans see something like that transpire, our reaction is "Ohhhhh shit!!". In reality, that promo was a passing the torch moment if I've ever seen one. Roman needed to be put in that spot to fuck up so he can know what it feels like, figure out how to keep up, and come back and deliver after he figures it out. Learning on the job if you will. I think he'll do it and he has Cena to thank for it as only Cena can do to him what was done the other night. Theoretically, Roman should be a better promo here on out.

The guy has just been getting better since Mania. No more Jack and the Beanstalk promos.

And it only took every resource the company fucking has, gimmick match upon gimmick match to hide his gigantic in-ring weaknesses and a promo every week for 3 years to take him to a level slightly above Sheamus.

Great work all round.
FlammableD
Banned
(09-01-2017, 07:29 PM)

Originally Posted by excelsiorlef

Reminder November thread is mine to create last I remember . It's probably not gonna be Flipvember and definitely not Nashvember.

I'm working on something really fun :)

UNACCEPTABLE

fliptober?
SomewhatGroovy
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:30 PM)
SomewhatGroovy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hasney

And it only took every resource the company fucking has, gimmick match upon gimmick match to hide his gigantic in-ring weaknesses and a promo every week for 3 years to take him to a level slightly above Sheamus.

Great work all round.

Sheamus IS the Bar, friend.
Hasney
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:30 PM)
Hasney's Avatar
If Nash doesn't get his due this year then I walk

Slowly

With only my signed Ziggler thong on
FlammableD
Banned
(09-01-2017, 07:31 PM)


#IndyPosterFriday
Hasney
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:32 PM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlammableD



#IndyPosterFriday

With the mobile number, I don't know if it's an event, or you pay £6.50 to wrestle with Hardcore Holly in a kind of escort situation.
SallyIsNow
Banned
(09-01-2017, 07:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

GTA V isn't a good game.

Look at those Mario Kart 64 power ups
Anth0ny
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:33 PM)
Anth0ny's Avatar

Originally Posted by OwensIsNow

Look at those Mario Kart 64 power ups

Your phone can't load apostrophes? wut da fook
Fox318
HE HATE ME

World's #1 Los Angeles XTREME fan.
(09-01-2017, 07:35 PM)
Fox318's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cagey

i miss the austin interviews.

Vince should be forced to have a state of the union every year
Hasney
Member
(09-01-2017, 07:36 PM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

Your phone can't load apostrophes? wut da fook

Like OwensIsNow has a use for punctuation
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(09-01-2017, 07:38 PM)
Data West's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

Meletzer just posted the leaked "work shoot" promo Roman is going to cut next week:



John Cena, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this, because before you leave in three weeks to film a Transformers movie, I have a lot of things I wanna get off my chest.

I donít hate you, John. I donít even dislike you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the back. I hateÖ this ideaÖ that youíre THE GUYÖ because youíre not. Iím THE GUY. Iím the best GUY in the world. Thereís one thing youíre better at than I am, and thatís kissing internet fanís asses. Youíre as good at kissing internet fanís asses as Daniel Bryan was! I donít know if youíre as good as PhilÖ heís a pretty good ass-kisserÖ always was and still is. OopsÖ Iím breaking the fourth wall. [Roman waves to the camera.] I am the bestÖ BIG DOGÖ in the world. Iíve been the best ever since Day One when I walked into this company, and Iíve been vilified and hated since that day because Vince McMahon saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. Thatís right, Iím a Vince McMahon guy. You know who else was a Vince McMahon guy? Randy OrtonÖ and he was THE GUY, just like Iím THE GUY, but the biggest difference between me and RANDY is that Iím going to main event my 4th Wrestlemania next year.

Iíve grabbed so many of the Internet Sports Entertainment Communityís imaginary brass rings that itís finally dawned on me that theyíre just that. Theyíre completely imaginary. The only thing thatís real is me, and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six years, Iíve proved to everybody in the world that I am the best GUY, the best BIG DOG, and that this is MY YARD. Nobody can touch me. And yet, no matter how many times I prove it, Iím not on your lovely podcasts, Iím not on the cover of the PWI 500, Iím barely praised for my promo ability or in ring psychology, I donít get any YOU DESERVE IT chants, Iím not on any crappy show on the WWE Network, Iím not on the poster of the NeoGAF Wrasslin OT, Iím not on the signature thatís produced at the start of the Live Audio Wrestling show. Iím not on Dave Meltzer, Iím not on John Pollock, but the fact of the matter is I should be, and trust me, this isnít sour grapes, but the fact that ďOkadaĒ has three 6 star matches and I don't makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight, those of you who are booing me right nowÖ you are just as big a part of me being THE GUY as anyone else, because youíre the ones watching NXT, youíre the ones that buy those Observer subscriptions that my matches don't get five stars on, and then at five in the morning at the airport, you try to shove it in my face thinking you can get an autograph and sell it on eBay because youíre too lazy to get a real job.

Iím leaving No Mercy Pay Per View Live on the WWE Network as THE GUY and hell, who knows, maybe Iíll go defend it in NXTÖ maybe Iíll go back to RAWÖ [Roman waves to the camera again] hey, Seth Rollins, how you doing? The reason Iím THE GUY is you people, because after Iím THE GUY youíre still going to pour money into this company ó Iím just a spoke on the wheel ó the wheelís gonna keep turning. And I understand thatÖ that Vince McMahonís gonna make money despite the Internet Sports Entertainment CommunityÖ heís a millionaire who should be a billionaireÖ you know why heís not a billionaire? Itís because he surrounds himself with glad-handing nonsensical douchebag indie wrestlers like Shinsuke Nakamura, whoís gonna go out there and put the audience to sleep with his work rate and strong styleÖ and Iíd like to think that maybe this company will be better after the indies DIE, but the fact is itís gonna get taken over by New Japan specialists or doofus TNA trademarked gimmicks and the rest of those stupid Bullet Club members.

Let me tell you a personal story about John Cena. You know we do this whole Make a Wish campaign?

*mic cuts off*

Brian_FETO
Banned
(09-01-2017, 07:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Fox318

i miss the austin interviews.

Vince should be forced to have a state of the union every year

I do love that the Dean one legit killed Austin podcasts on the Network

It's best to remove all reasons to subscribe
Egg0
Banned
(09-01-2017, 07:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

I honestly can't think of a good Roman promo outside of the "I'm not a bad guy" promo

The RAW after Mania where the crowd shat on him for 10 minutes straight. "This is my yard now." Leaves.

Thread Tools