• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(09-13-2017, 06:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Diggeh

Hybrid Metal Figuration Scrooge is up on the Herocross site! The Treasure Display Column is a preorder bonus to the site (source), so I guess I need to figure out how ordering from them works.

help

Daisy's up too if you're interested, but she doesn't have a crazy cool store preorder bonus like Scrooge does.

77 seems high
Freezasaurus
(09-13-2017, 07:00 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

Wow, one of the best Ryu face sculpts I've seen. He doesn't look wonky for once. Too bad it's 1/4.

How is it that expensive with no $$ down? That has to be past the threshold, no?
Muchacho
(09-13-2017, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

Wow, one of the best Ryu face sculpts I've seen. He doesn't look wonky for once. Too bad it's 1/4.

I have a 1/4 Bruce Lee to spar with him.
KoruptData
(09-13-2017, 08:44 PM)
Haloid, did you get K2SO yet?
Messi
(09-13-2017, 08:45 PM)

Originally Posted by KoruptData

Hopefully it got lost in transit and destroyed.
Haloid1177
Banned
(09-13-2017, 08:46 PM)

Nah he's sitting in my POL at BBTS. Got some other stuff coming this month that I'd rather ship at once.

Originally Posted by Messi

Hopefully it got lost in transit and destroyed.

Then I'd have them send me a replacement and not act like the fucking world is ending. Problem solved.
Artanisix
There are two things I'll never do,
Ellen Page and IHL2
(09-13-2017, 08:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

How is it that expensive with no $$ down? That has to be past the threshold, no?

as someone who collects 1/4 scale statues, price seems pretty normal for 1/4 scale to me
Barrow Roll
(09-13-2017, 09:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Muchacho

Kinetiquettes' The Beast Unleashed 1/4 Scale Diorama - Ryu

Best Ryu figure/statue in my opinion. If only I had that kinda cash laying around.

Ryu is still supposed to be Japanese, right?
Freezasaurus
(09-13-2017, 09:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Artanisix

as someone who collects 1/4 scale statues, price seems pretty normal for 1/4 scale to me

Oh no, I meant in terms of BBTS. Anything over $300 or so from them usually needs an NRD.
Artanisix
There are two things I'll never do,
Ellen Page and IHL2
(09-13-2017, 10:20 PM)

Oh no, I meant in terms of BBTS. Anything over $300 or so from them usually needs an NRD.

ohhhh my b
LiK
(09-13-2017, 10:21 PM)

Nah, they only put NRD on some stuff.
NEO0MJ
(09-13-2017, 10:44 PM)
Yeah. I preordered a good number of item over $300 and never once got a NRD.
TAJ
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
(09-13-2017, 11:57 PM)

DeanKnight (1/6 reviewer) on YT is super excited just for the pole, lol.

Whyyyyyyyy...
He knows that you can buy brass tubes for like not even a buck, right?
KoruptData
(09-14-2017, 12:30 AM)
Haloid. What's your review of old man Luke Hot Toy?
Shadow Ranger
(09-14-2017, 12:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Muchacho

Kinetiquettes' The Beast Unleashed 1/4 Scale Diorama - Ryu

Best Ryu figure/statue in my opinion. If only I had that kinda cash laying around.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produc...nDetails/46023

Not a big fan. Few have really impressed me. There was the Super SFIV one that had Shinkiro vibes. Also, I just came across this on ebay that is based on the SSFII intro

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Street-Fig....c100005.m1851

I kinda like it.
Diggeh
(09-14-2017, 02:12 AM)

I actually screamed. None of you believed, I never gave up hope. I knew they wouldn't let me down. I am so happy. Suck it Haloid.

Haloid doesn't win much though
Messi
(09-14-2017, 02:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Diggeh

Haloid doesn't win much though

Forever taking those Ls.

Harley is up for order on sideshow. A reasonable $220
Freezasaurus
(09-14-2017, 02:43 AM)
I just ordered another Premium Format. Oops. It's Messi's fault.
davidwhangchoi
(09-14-2017, 02:46 AM)
upcoming preorders: i've been waiting for these a long time:

Max and Miria Premium Finish
details:

1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Premium Finish (Millia)
Release Date: February 2018
Price: Y25800 / Y27864
Preorder Date: September 15 - October 13, 2017

1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Premium Finish (Max)
Release Date: August 2018
Price: Y25800 / Y27864
Preorder Date: September 15 - October 13, 2017
HammerOfThor
(09-14-2017, 06:28 AM)
Does anyone want this and they missed it or are on the fence?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...%24pagecnt%3D1

I ordered two because who knows why. Its like $115 USD. I'd have it shipped to me then out to you free of charge unless you live in like CA, NY or another place where it costs an arm and a leg from Chicago.
1upsuper
(09-14-2017, 06:55 AM)
Messi keeps this thread from just becoming another Star Wars thread so I say keep the Harleys coming. I like you, Star Wars GAF. I just don't understand you.
TAJ
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
(09-14-2017, 07:18 AM)

Originally Posted by 1upsuper

Messi keeps this thread from just becoming another Star Wars thread so I say keep the Harleys coming. I like you, Star Wars GAF. I just don't understand you.

Mahvel baybee
1upsuper
(09-14-2017, 07:21 AM)

Originally Posted by TAJ

Mahvel baybee

Hah. Not into superhero stuff.
NEO0MJ
(09-14-2017, 10:10 AM)
So, you guys...I need to borrow your wisdom for a bit. Should I go chrome or regular?

Chrome costs $60 more...

Hah. Not into superhero stuff.

That was more of a fighting game reference :p
LiK
(09-14-2017, 01:43 PM)
I gave up preordering from AmiAmi unless the discount is huge or they have some bonus. Seems a lot of US online stores have it around the same price once you include SAL Registered shipping with AmiAmi. Doesn't make it worth preordering from them anymore.
Freezasaurus
(09-14-2017, 02:01 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

I gave up preordering from AmiAmi unless the discount is huge or they have some bonus. Seems a lot of US online stores have it around the same price once you include SAL Registered shipping with AmiAmi. Doesn't make it worth preordering from them anymore.

What did it for me was their shipping costs. They started to get really pricey because of all the packing material they use. I switched to Hobbysearch and the shipping costs came waaay down. Their discounts aren't much less than Ami's either.
KoruptData
(09-14-2017, 02:19 PM)
So I got my claim check for my flooded lower level of my house. I stored my comics down there. All of the comics were were less than 4 years old. Nothing really valueable. Two short boxes were damaged by water. I claimed 120 comics total with a cover price of 2.99 for a total of $360. They gave me $250 so I get a Hot Toy now!

I'm thinking either K2SO or old Luke.
Messi
(09-14-2017, 02:23 PM)

I am the hero this thread needs but doesn't deserve.
NEO0MJ
(09-14-2017, 02:34 PM)

I'd go for the droid, unless you really have to get each movie version of a character. I imagine the Last Jedi version will be the definitive Luke.
Freezasaurus
(09-14-2017, 03:42 PM)

I am the hero this thread needs but doesn't deserve.

One day this thread will just be you having conversations with yourself.
davidwhangchoi
(09-14-2017, 03:53 PM)

So I got my claim check for my flooded lower level of my house. I stored my comics down there. All of the comics were were less than 4 years old. Nothing really valueable. Two short boxes were damaged by water. I claimed 120 comics total with a cover price of 2.99 for a total of $360. They gave me $250 so I get a Hot Toy now!

lol, that's awesome.
LiK
(09-14-2017, 04:21 PM)

What did it for me was their shipping costs. They started to get really pricey because of all the packing material they use. I switched to Hobbysearch and the shipping costs came waaay down. Their discounts aren't much less than Ami's either.

Yea, I might go back to HobbySearch for JPN preorders. Just gonna let my AmiAmi preorders continue to lapse. Don't even care if I get banned on their site anyway. BBTS with $4 shipping is fantastic and of course Amazon has been stocking more import figures and that's good as well.
Haloid1177
Banned
(09-14-2017, 04:27 PM)
AmiAmi preorders for rare shit is easy mode compared to Lego Shop@Home jesus fucking christ.
Plasticine
(09-14-2017, 04:28 PM)

One day this thread will just be you having conversations with yourself.

Haloid will never leave Messi. They are destined to do this forever.
LiK
(09-14-2017, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Haloid1177

AmiAmi preorders for rare shit is easy mode compared to Lego Shop@Home jesus fucking christ.

You looking for some Lego?
Haloid1177
Banned
(09-14-2017, 04:29 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

The new UCS Falcon went up for VIP today and it took me an hour and a half to get a backordered order in. I am fucking pissed.
davidwhangchoi
(09-14-2017, 04:30 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

Haloid wants 800 dollar lego
LiK
(09-14-2017, 04:31 PM)

The new UCS Falcon went up for VIP today and it took me an hour and a half to get a backordered order in. I am fucking pissed.

Oic....

Originally Posted by davidwhangchoi

Haloid wants 800 dollar lego

WHAT?!
Haloid1177
Banned
(09-14-2017, 04:37 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

Oic....

WHAT?!

I mean it's 7500+ pieces the price per piece ratio isn't bad when considering the Star Wars tax attributed to it and it's beautiful so um yeah.
davidwhangchoi
(09-14-2017, 04:40 PM)

I mean it's 7500+ pieces the price per piece ratio isn't bad when considering the Star Wars tax attributed to it and it's beautiful so um yeah.

i wanted it too but my funds got wiped out big time pre-paying for the SDF-1 Premium Finish.
The Omega Man
(09-14-2017, 04:40 PM)

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

So, you guys...I need to borrow your wisdom for a bit. Should I go chrome or regular?

Chrome costs $60 more...

That was more of a fighting game reference :p

You can't go wrong with any of them, I'd pick the chromed one myself. is that the Sentinel one or the new GX-75 Soul of Chogokin?
Apharmd
(09-14-2017, 04:50 PM)
Sentinel. I would go for normal. Never cared much for chrome.
Freezasaurus
(09-14-2017, 04:50 PM)

But you're paying $800 for a LEGO set. I'm getting 2 PFs for not much more than that.
Haloid1177
Banned
(09-14-2017, 04:51 PM)

But you're paying $800 for a LEGO set. I'm getting 2 PFs for not much more than that.

But the LEGO set looks good on display AND gives me 20 hours worth of hobby time with the assembly. A much better investment. And the last UCS Falcon ended up costing 10x more than retail on the aftermarket once production stopped, which is something that PFs don't even do.

I mean it completely sold out in two hours and that's with their servers shitting the bed.
davidwhangchoi
(09-14-2017, 04:58 PM)

But the LEGO set looks good on display AND gives me 20 hours worth of hobby time with the assembly. A much better investment. And the last UCS Falcon ended up costing 10x more than retail on the aftermarket once production stopped, which is something that PFs don't even do.

I mean it completely sold out in two hours and that's with their servers shitting the bed.

this is true. that set will be worth monies.
Freezasaurus
(09-14-2017, 04:59 PM)

Seems cray-cray to me that there are that many people willing to fork over almost $1k for a LEGO set.
Haloid1177
Banned
(09-14-2017, 05:02 PM)

Seems cray-cray to me that there are that many people willing to fork over almost $1k for a LEGO set.

AFOLs are nuts, man. Add the Star Wars collectors to that group and it is seriously probably the craziest group of collectors you'll see.

Well after the assholes that collect Hot Wheels. Never met a nice person who does that but whatever.
Messi
(09-14-2017, 05:06 PM)

Showing us how to be financially responsible again I see...
Haloid1177
Banned
(09-14-2017, 05:07 PM)

Showing us how to be financially responsible again I see...

Yes my bonus from work buying one Falcon and the rest into my 401k is actually financially responsible.
Messi
(09-14-2017, 05:24 PM)

Yes my bonus from work buying one Falcon and the rest into my 401k is actually financially responsible.