• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Cake Boss

Banned
holy shit what a funny article.

couldn't stop laughing.

rolling on the floor.

tears down my eyes.

now into my nipples

slightly aroused

dick hard

came hard

good article.

calder

1 year and 1 million is negligible for any NHL player to the point where you want to say it doesn't matter but Oduya was absolutely done last year and he will probably make the Sens worse compared to any random 28 year old AHL dman.

Cake Boss

Banned
1 year and 1 million is negligible for any NHL player to the point where you want to say it doesn't matter but Oduya was absolutely done last year and he will probably make the Sens worse compared to any random 28 year old AHL dman.

You haven't seen Boroturd and Ceci.

Marvie_3

Banned
Oduya was bad but his season was worse than it could have been because Q refused to separate him and Seabrook. Those two have zero chemistry and never worked well as a pair. He would have been better with Halmarsson but Q decided to waste him by pairing him with Keith for no reason.

Silexx

I feel that Oduya is insurance in case management decides that Chabot needs time in the minors. I doubt he plays with any regularity unless he has a complete bounceback.

calder

klaHDZt.jpg

tumblr_n1ku4572Qr1rh8smko1_r2_400.gif

calder

The Jets are unfairly penalized by referees who see their lazy hooks and holds and occasional crosscheck to the neck-area and call penalties for some bizarre reason. Probably due to being haters or having eyes. As long as the team starts getting refs who can't see shit or don't care about tripping a guy 180 feet away from your net because you took a super long shift and are tired everything will be great next year.

But the Jets top 2 lines are going to be fucking nuts next year. Second line could be Connor-Little-Laine which would put Perreault on the third line with Petan or Roslovic.

Weevilone

Preds re-sign Watson at 3yrs, $3.3M.

That pretty much leaves RyJo as the last Pred needing a contract. (Unless Fisher comes back.)

Is Watson a fan favorite? My entire row (aside from my 2 seats) was filled with a family all wearing Watson jerseys last year during a playoff game. I wondered if it was his family or something.

And to think that number could be even higher if Scheifele and Laine understood that it is bad to run into opposing players head first

stfu Laine is like a smart person, i'm told he is one of the smartest kids ever to pick up a hockey stick. tremendous brains. but not for long IF PEOPLE KEEP CONCUSSING HIM!

stfu Laine is like a smart person, i'm told he is one of the smartest kids ever to pick up a hockey stick. tremendous brains. but not for long IF PEOPLE KEEP CONCUSSING HIM!
Concussions happen because of second impact, it's not the initial clean hit from Zads that concusses him, it's the brain shifting within the cranium. So really, it's Laine's fault for not securing his brain.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Is Watson a fan favorite? My entire row (aside from my 2 seats) was filled with a family all wearing Watson jerseys last year during a playoff game. I wondered if it was his family or something.

He's considered something of an unsung hero. Not super popular in Nashville, but he has fans for sure.

PillarEN

I'd argue that the Abdelkader contract is the worst one for the Wings. Although that isn't really the argument in the article.

Side note. I'm leaving back to the Old World and had a good time tasting all the various craft beers in Michigan and Illinois (and outside of those two States as well). I'd never buy European beer here in the States because of the cost and it's pretty easy to bump into those drinks back in the Czech Republic. However, it seems that Pilsner Urquell is sort of a big deal around Chicago. I took a sip. A) You guys are paying too damn much for it. Home market price is like 2 bucks for a large Plzen. B) It tastes hella different. I was shocked. But don't let me dissuade you from enjoying the US version. If it tastes good to you then great. It's just different and caught me off guard.

P.S. You Canadians make me sick. Forcing me to pay because I'm transferring to another flight through Toronto. Greedy! Yet somehow I've circumvented it like Lou circumvents the cap. On the way to the States I was told I don't need it as a US resident. On the way out I was told I already paid for it. Yeah cool whatever. Not like I'm staying in Canada. Buzz off.

Socreges

Banned
P.S. You Canadians make me sick. Forcing me to pay because I'm transferring to another flight through Toronto. Greedy! Yet somehow I've circumvented it like Lou circumvents the cap. On the way to the States I was told I don't need it as a US resident. On the way out I was told I already paid for it. Yeah cool whatever. Not like I'm staying in Canada. Buzz off.
tenor.gif

Socreges

Banned
Staal got 50 points in 62 GP and then 9 points in 6 GP in the playoffs.

Weeks later he signs that contract.

Every season since he hasn't come close to those numbers.

Biggest problem with the contract, as always, is the term. He's still got five years left. Depends on what he's got left in the tank, but he doesn't strike me as a sustainable type of player.

Curufinwe

Staal got 50 points in 62 GP and then 9 points in 6 GP in the playoffs.

Weeks later he signs that contract.

Every season since he hasn't come close to those numbers.

Biggest problem with the contract, as always, is the term. He's still got five years left. Depends on what he's got left in the tank, but he doesn't strike me as a sustainable type of player.

I don't see why. He's a big, strong two way center. Most players point totals would drop a bit going from Pit to Carolina.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also means that, barring any trades or FA pickups between now and camp, the Rangers are done with business for the summer.

$3m in cap space remaining with 12 NHL forwards, 7 D, and 2 goalies, 48/50 contracts used.

imBask

Banned
Habs just signed Streit for 1 year, 700k

Renaud Lavoie‏ @renlavoietva 2m2 minutes ago
Mark Streit est de retour avec les @CanadiensMTL 1 an / $700 000 #tvasports

RIP MARKOV :'( PLEASE RETIRE

Top Bottom