• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, what security services do you have installed on your PC/Mac?

Hey Gaf,

After reading the thread about Windows 10 being leaked it got me thinking about the security on my own devices. So I thought it could be useful for everyone to share what they have installed on their devices and what they do.

Personally, I have a MacPro. I keep it updated whenever anything is released. I keep AdBlock Pro installed (expect for you Gaf, of course) to keep any malicious pop ups from popping up. Other than that I really don't have much. I have stopped using sites like pirate bay and what have you, since I don't trust downloads like that anymore. I don't have a designated service like I used to on my old Windows PC.

So have do you use? Why? Are you even more paranoid than most have have stuff installed on your phone? lol

I only use Windows Defender, mostly cause everything else I've tried starts out OK, then after while hits me with a "TRIAL OVER PAY UP" message.

Curious to see what else others are using though.

GavinUK86

Eset Smart Security on my Windows 7 machine. Small and lightweight. I've used it since the XP era and it's never let me down. Never let anything through.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
What thread about Windows 10?

I'm using a Mac. Sometimes I use Disconnect.app, but not usually.

Top Bottom