• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Fire Emblem Warriors Roster Possibly Leaked?

Linkark07

Banned
While I'm glad to see characters like Lyn or Celica, it is kind of strange to not see Roy or Alm in there too. Oh well, DLC characters most likely. Same with Ike and probably Micaiah.

So the leak is legit right?

How can they fuck things up so badly? All they had to do was add the fave characters.

I'm not getting this game until Tharja is available. She would be such a nice character. Imagine all her magic attacks and interactions. Ugh.

I was going to buy all the DLC anyway so I'm not mad that I have to pay extra money to play with one of the most popular characters ever. I'm mad because she isn't available right from the start. Especially with all the Awakening representation in Warriors. The disrespect seriously.

Lyn is old and Celica is annoying with all her whining. Nobody is checking for them in 2017 wtf.

Rip

Ignoring the legitimacy of the leak, Lyn, the "old" character, not only ranked higher than Tharja in the CYL poll but also won the most votes on the ladies side and was 2nd overall if you account the Ike's together.

Also congrats on understanding how a good chunk of us felt when it was announced that Warriors would be a FE 11-14 affair.

Fandangox

Also haven't been paying much attention to to the extra modes, but have they mentioned if this is going to have something similar to the Adventure maps from Hyrule Warriors?

It would be great if the equivalent was something like the strategy-based phases from Samurai Warriors Empires.

There's multiple faction and phases, and you have to defend your territory from invasion while also expanding your own.

c90bd61d78478ca3b6de2013cb62dd5984cb1fc1-1134276.jpg

There's a preparation phase where you appoint members of your army and put them in charge of various resources or political dealings. It would fit really really well with the emphasis on strategy that FE is known for.

Then again, the first part wouldn't really fit, cause there would need to be multiple factions for the defense/offense part to really work, and I don't see this game doing that.

dawgparty

Would be awesome if this were true, about as good as I could hope for. Just wanted Lyn and Celica and Caeda are just bonuses.

Seems so odd to me that after sticking with a seemingly Fates/Awakening/shadow dragon angle there's suddenly Lyn and Celica on the end there.
Though that character popularity poll and recent title advertising could go a ways to explain them as the outliers.

Initially I was amazed that they'd skip over Tharja, then I realised that much like Ike and (probably) Roy, Tharja would be easy DLC money for them.
I just wanted The Black Knight guys, I guess I was thinking too pie in the sky.

LordKano

Also haven't been paying much attention to to the extra modes, but have they mentioned if this is going to have something similar to the Adventure maps from Hyrule Warriors?

It would be great if the equivalent was something like the strategy-based phases from Samurai Warriors Empires.

There's multiple faction and phases, and you have to defend your territory from invasion while also expanding your own.

There's a preparation phase where you appoint members of your army and put them in charge of various resources or political dealings. It would fit really really well with the emphasis on strategy that FE is known for.

Then again, the first part wouldn't really fit, cause there would need to be multiple factions for the defense/offense part to really work, and I don't see this game doing that.

It will have History Mode, in which you fight on retro-style Fire Emblem maps retelling the story of past games, so yeah it's sort of an Adventure mode.

Fandangox

It will have History Mode, in which you fight on retro-style Fire Emblem maps retelling the story of past games, so yeah it's sort of an Adventure mode.

Mmh, interesting, can't picture how it would work right now though, by retro-style you mean similar to actual FE gameplay, turn-based?

L95

Mmh, interesting, can't picture how it would work right now though, by retro-style you mean similar to actual FE gameplay, turn-based?
On a 2D map, a muso battle starts when units touch on the map, famitsu had some pics a while ago I think

Fandangox

On a 2D map, a muso battle starts when units touch on the map, famitsu had some pics a while ago I think

ooh I see, first thing that came to mind just now where those silly Chess battles in MK: Deception, but yeah I get the picture.

L95

You know this kind of reminded me that it's probably really shallow of me to go from "eh" to "day one" if they'd confirm Tharja as a playable character but then I remember that the Warriors series is one built on shallow appeal so I guess it balances out.
Maybe it is, but one of the major pulls if these crossovers is the roster, yes? It's understandable.

At east we only have to wait until tomorrow to find out more details about the rest of the characters.
No, I had already cancelled it. For some reason I am not feeling this game.

This rumor reassures my decision.
Well at least you probably have a better reason that I do about why I'm not getting this game.

Tharja not being there is a fucking travesty.

No, the travesty is that Radiance, Genealogy, and Blazing Sword don't exist on this roster in favor of just having the roster of the Faia Emburem: Waifu Wars duology, padded out with alt-versions of characters worse than Mario Kart's Metal/Child characters.

L95

Wonder if this means Lyn is getting an Amiibo.

Ohhhhh, I hadn't thought about this at all for some reason. I would 100% buy a Lyn amiibo.

Hm, I wonder if the Fates royals'll, lissa, fred, and F Robin will get amiibo for this too...

Netto-kun

Interesting that they seemingly haven't included Darius, one of the original characters for the game, as playable character in the base game? I guess him (and whichever original antagonists that'll show up) will be playable in a future patch like they did with the Cia, Volga and Wizzro in WiiU Hyrule Warriors.

L95

Interesting that they seemingly haven't included Darius, one of the original characters for the game, as playable character in the base game? I guess him (and whichever original antagonists that'll show up) will be playable in a future patch like they did with the Cia, Volga and Wizzro in WiiU Hyrule Warriors.

I'm actually wondering if he's
an antagonist, he's the prince/king? of Guston or whatever, and I recall seeing footage somewhere enemy soldiers called Guston army or whatever. (I probably have the kingdom name wrong here, I know it starts with a G)

IDK if these are spoilers, just something I noticed in a gameplay video somwhere

RRockman

Banned
tbh, not happy about celica and lyn.

I'd be happy with celica and alm, or lyn and (hector or ike).

But the two of them basically means waifu emblem.

It's been this way for a while. It sucks but that's what it is.

Unfortunately they did still represent echoes and snuck in best girl to boot(lyn) which means my purchase is locked in depending on how she plays.

I feel like a sellout

Macka

How can they fuck things up so badly? All they had to do was add the fave characters.
Is this satire? Lyn is one of the most popular characters, and ranked considerably higher than Tharja in the Heroes poll.

Anyway, I'm still struggling to be interested in this. If the leaked roster is true then there's finally a few characters that I'd be excited for (Lyn, Caeda & Celica), but with 90% of the lineup coming from two of the worst games in the series, it's still pretty bad. Maybe I'll pick it up later on if we get more Fire Emblem 6-12 characters as DLC.

Now I'm really hoping for a Lyn amiibo though.

after announcing history mode, I wouldve rather them have kept the character focus on the 3 games already announced. Save lyn for a sequel with a blazing blade history mode.

Ridley327

after announcing history mode, I wouldve rather them have kept the character focus on the 3 games already announced. Save lyn for a sequel with a blazing blade history mode.

Her inclusion wouldn't rule out an additional episode for that mode, I think, though it would obviously be tied to DLC that they'd be doing that included her fellow comrades.

Semajer

What a dire roster if true. I never imagined skipping this game when it was announced but I think I'm going to wait until the next release with all the DLC included before I consider buying it.

Her inclusion wouldn't rule out an additional episode for that mode, I think, though it would obviously be tied to DLC that they'd be doing that included her fellow comrades.
yea but if they didnt include her they couldve fit more characters into the current focused games. To me with the way they set up the content here it feels like keeping the game count low and the character count high would work out really well, letting sequels handle more games with those games characters.

kswiston

Is this satire? Lyn is one of the most popular characters, and ranked considerably higher than Tharja in the Heroes poll.

Anyway, I'm still struggling to be interested in this. If the leaked roster is true then there's finally a few characters that I'd be excited for (Lyn, Caeda & Celica), but with 90% of the lineup coming from two of the worst games in the series, it's still pretty bad. Maybe I'll pick it up later on if we get more Fire Emblem 6-12 characters as DLC.

Now I'm really hoping for a Lyn amiibo though.

Do you only play Fire Emblem for the Story or characters? Because I don't see how someone would choose the gameplay in Echoes over FE Fates Conquest.

dawgparty

Do you only play Fire Emblem for the Story or characters? Because I don't see how someone would choose the gameplay in Echoes over FE Fates Conquest.

Not even sure what your point is here. Did you quote the right post? If you're complaining that Celica got in it's because Echoes is the most recent FE. I'd say they padded this game with enough popular choices to allow this one exception.

kswiston

Not even sure what your point is here. Did you quote the right post? If you're complaining that Celica got in it's because Echoes is the most recent FE. I'd say they padded this game with enough popular choices to allow this one exception.

I don't really mind who they pick. I like Celica, even if the combat/maps in Echoes are among my least favourite.

I just don't see how Awakening and Fates are the two worst games in the series, unless you only play the series for the story/characters. If he meant that they were the two worst character rosters in the game, I could understand it (even if I disagree).

dawgparty

I don't really mind who they pick. I like Celica, even if the combat/maps in Echoes are among my least favourite.

I just don't see how Awakening and Fates are the two worst games in the series, unless you only play the series for the story/characters. If he meant that they were the two worst character rosters in the game, I could understand it (even if I disagree).

Ah, I didn't see the part where he said that. I actually agree with you on that. Even still I wish they would have mixed it up more.

Neghis

Neo Member

Gameplay and story/characters are equally important to me. If you consider how utter garbage fates is in the latter category, I'd pick Echoes any day.

Ridley327

yea but if they didnt include her they couldve fit more characters into the current focused games. To me with the way they set up the content here it feels like keeping the game count low and the character count high would work out really well, letting sequels handle more games with those games characters.

Considering how long-lasting the support was for Hyrule Warriors, I imagine that they'll keep doing that instead. I know not everyone that people wanted made it into that game, but it's crazy that they came as close as they did.

Top Bottom