• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport is extremely limited in offline mode (no saves, unlocks, etc..)

Kolibri

You can play offline most of the modes... it just won’t track progress like SFV.

Welp, the series is dead to me now.

Been a fan since buying the first game on day one.......It's like watching a vet put your dog down. What a sad way to go :(

magawolaz

True but this stuff needs to be on the explicit on the box
Says so on the box. Was also known from the Blog and GTplanet articles from a month ago, but I can see people not being up to date.
7upogZ2.jpg

Here come the defenders.

How does a racing game not let you save unless you are online? In what reality does that make sense?

I'll admit that I'm always connected and there is very little chance I would ever be offline while playing any game in 2017, but this is still ridiculous.

This isn't Overwatch. That comparison is just dumb.

Blobbers

why am I just learning about this now?

as a casual GT fan who quite enjoyed driving around in the Golf 4 (our family car at that time) in GT 5, this game is not for me. Here's to the next game being an actual mainline Gran Turismo title

PantsuJo

I won't buy this for these reasons.

Sadly, because I would love to play a GT again on a PS platform.

I'm not a multiplayer guy... And I fear that this is the future of Gran Turismo: online and e-sports focused experience.

Kyoufu

You can play offline most of the modes... it just won’t track progress like SFV.

The demo was online required.

The final game is not... you can play offline... you just won’t earn credits, level, etc.

So then why would I want to play it if I can't progress?

Cake Boss

Banned
It sucks because there is an amazing game underneath if they decided to focus more on the offline mode.

It's stated from the beginning that this is an online game.

Assanova

Well. It’s a skip for me then. I just let my PSPlus subscription lapse and have no intention of renewing it anytime soon.

Being online focused? No biggy, if that's what they set out to do with the title.

But not tracking arcade mode progress if you lose connection, what's the reasoning behind that?

Hanmik

If I get a Trophy in a game when I PSN is down (offline), then it will still be uploaded when I get onto PSN later..

why the fuck can this game not do the same. ?

ShutterMunster

Well. It’s a skip for me then. I just let my PSPlus subscription lapse and have no intention of renewing it anytime soon.

YOU DON’T NEED PS PLUS, YOU JUST NEED AN INTERNET CONNECTION.

Lord have mercy.

I see people are already readying the pitchforks. This community is exhausting.

ryseing

Yeah most of the reviews are glossing over the bad parts.

Avoid the review thread if you want to be critical, too...

Not following you around, I promise- I'm clicking all GT Sport threads this morning.

Fact is that your post in the Review thread was full on conspiracy nonsense, not "being critical".

Boke1879

YOU DON’T NEED PS PLUS, YOU JUST NEED AN INTERNET CONNECTION.

Lord have mercy.

I see people are already readying the pitchforks. This community is exhausting.

I can see people being upset you need to internet connection in order to save progress. But most people will just read the title and that'll be it.

Vuci

But it has no loot boxes. Shouldn't we praise AAA releases that still come out without loot boxes?

I assume the online requirements are due to cheat prevention, since this game is all about online ranking and playing with others.

But it has no loot boxes. Shouldn't we praise AAA releases that still come out without loot boxes?

I assume the online requirements are due to cheat prevention, since this game is all about online ranking and playing with others.

Exactly!.

But fuck that, won't someone think of the 2% of PS4 owners that aren't connected to the internet?

Gestault

The box, official statements, and reviews like the editors note for IGN confirm this.

The amount of denial around aspects of this game has been frustrating to follow. From things like the online requirement, to the amount of solo content, to the lack of more robust weather systems, it's been a strange period of time. People constantly "reassuring" themselves and proselytizing wrong info to others about things we know the answers to from official statements. Which is more of a detriment to the game than the actual underlying reality of it. If people's expectations are in check, what's there is a solid racing experience.

Ascenion

So does the box mention online access/internet access required? Other wise fuck them for false advertising.

WoolyNinja

They save your progress online - similar to a Rocket League or a Warframe - as the save content directly relates to your online progress. I'm not sure what the big deal is?

shaneo632

That is some dipshit game design in 2017 man. Did they learn nothing from GT5's menus being tied to the Internet, making them sometimes take over a minute to load?

wbEMX

I mean, I 100 % expected this to be the case, especially after following the marketing and being in the closed beta.

I still fucking hate the direction they went in with GT Sport. I loved the GT6 campaign, as well as GT4 and 5. This game is not for me and this is a huge shame for me.

Overwatch is extremely limited in offline mode. Yeah it's an online multiplayer game.

I think that's understood if you have been following the game. There are a lot of casuals going out who are probably just thinking this is the next Gran Turismo with the same single player content despite the lack of it being a numbered entry. It's not bad to at least make them aware of this.

My friend was really excited about it and then I educated him on what the games focus was. He isn't going to pick it up now.

I agree that treating this as a negative is bad though. It's just what the game is. It may come as a surprise to some people but the game is online focused.

ty_hot

I dont remember the last time I did not have a connection. Not a problem for me, but yeah, for some people it might be a problem. Very few people actually, besides those that just need some reason to complain online.

Top Bottom