• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Greenlight: 1000 games and counting, more Greenlit every few weeks

Sentenza

Yep. Asylum looks like a bad game that nearly nobody will buy.

Akaneiro: Demon Hunters (seems to be cool) -> Meh.
DLC Quest (short but really really great)
Eador. Masters of the Broken World (srsly?) -> Great.
La-Mulana (finally)
Leisure Suit Larry (meh)
MaK (looks interesting)
The Age of Decadence (meh) -> NOPE. That's awesome.
Unepic (meh) -> NOPE. That's awesome as well.
War For The Overworld (cool) -> MEEEH.
Fixed.

Man that Akaneiro: Demon Hunters game sure looks nice. Nice to see that the right games are being picked. I hope Pro Wrestling X gets green lit as well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What exactly is it? A satire game like Half Minute Hero?

Barely a game at all. It's a very short 2D platformer. At the start you can only go right--you have to unlock moving left by using in-game coins to buy "move left" DLC. The game plays sort of like a Metroidvania in that there's a connected world and certain areas are locked off until you have the DLC necessary to get into it. It's cheeky. I felt like the jokes were consistent enough to justify the $1-3 I spent on it on XBLIG. It's not substantial, though, and I wouldn't buy it expecting it to be anything near as large in scope as HMH or Secret of Monkey Island or other comedy games.

R1CHO

Also, Eador is kind of incredible. The only issue is that a 3D remake is in development right now.

I thought the remake is the one going to steam.

Masters of the broken world? And the other one is genesis which is in gog.com.

Or is there another one coming?

Blizzard

Banned
How much crying would their be if La Mulana still failed to make it?
Who was crying? I think people were just voicing the opinion that it was a completed game of reasonable quality. Wouldn't you prefer that such a game be greenlit, compared to say, a game being greenlit only to be kickstartered for financing (failing the kickstarter)?

What's wrong with people voicing their opinions that La Mulana seemed like a good choice to pass through? Why the mockery?

At any rate, is there any word Pinball Arcade's ranking? I seem to recall some people voicing interest in that as well.

The purchase-DLC-to-move-left game sounds funny. I've never actually played Half-minute Hero, on that note.

Dambrosi

Banned
Have people been Greenlighting Sports games? I definitely am excited about Pro-Wrestling X (Here); but hell, I was a little over eager.

I checked out the site, and supported to play the Alpha. There's a ton of potential, but some real fundamental problems exist. It's very difficult to initiate grapple animations, and ground attacks are severely limited. It doesn't have that feel of the WWF No Mercy inspired game they're going for. It's nice that it has Gamepad support, but it feels lacking. It's an early build, and I'm excited, but damn. I jumped too quickly!

I want more Sport titles on Steam!
AxGc7.jpg

Oh yeah.

I'm going to be writing about, playing and interviewing the developer of a yet to be approved game on Steam Greenlight over at SteamGameFans.com in the very near future. Anyone have suggestions or requests for which game I should highlight?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm feeling disappointed in the new set of games. I've really been holding out for Shantae, Cloudbit, and Soulbinder to get approve. Mostly Shantae since its ready to go.

It looks like putting them in other bundles like Indie Royale helps too.

BHK3

Banned
Yay La Mulana the only game I voted for :D

I was about to go vote for that kentucky game but it was already approved!

What are some total crap games that have been greenlit?

Kuroyume

Banned

That is f'ing amazing! Love the concept. A breath of fresh air from the usual Slenderman and DnD style RPGs infesting Greenlight. Don't know if the gameplay is good or what's going on in that video... It looks like a shooter but it seems most of the time you're evading stuff. It's on XBLA indie so I'll check it out later.

I hope people are not trashing it on its Greenlight page because of the way it looks but rather because the XBOX version stinks.

Wok

This is not totally related to Greenlight since these games won't get an automatic approval, but it is still interesting to see which student games will be finalists of the IGF student competition. A game like Perspective for instance is a student game and is already a finalist of the main competition, so it might get on Steam soon although it is only for Windows.

IGF Student Showcase Winner (8/8)
  • ATUM
  • Farsh
  • Perspective
  • Shadow Diver
  • SPHERE
  • Tiny White Stones
  • Unmechanical
  • Zineth
Last updated on January, 2 2013.

IGF Student Showcase Winner (8/8)
  • Battle Fortress Tortoise
  • Blastrobots
  • Man VS The World
  • Nightmare Duel
  • Perspective
  • Redemption
  • Super Space
  • Unmechanical
Last updated on January, 3 2013.

If you want to make pronostics, it is still time. The results for the student competition will be announced tomorrow.

allansm

I haven't checked greenlight for awhile so I went through the hundred or so new games on there and only gave out three yeses.

F2P iPhone game port... skip, F2P iPhone game port... skip, simple iPhone puzzle game port... skip, "stylish" indie game with lifeless looking gameplay... skip, F2P iPhone MMO... skip, ugh

My yes percentage is rapidly dropping but I don't think my criteria have changed much.

My yes percentage is also rapidly dropping. It seems there was a queue of interesting indie games rejected by Steam and now that most of them are on greenlight already, terrible games are the major part of the new submissions.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yeah.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577852710694256663/77E7961E8B8FB389DFE691A2736896DA1F22BAF8/268x268.resizedimage

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121819614[/url]

[IMG]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577852710694267751/53874E2C068D1537954496868E87E48F0D176E5E/637x358.resizedimage[/QUOTE]

Mari played that on 360

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVSIQHNY9xA&t=2m40s[/url]

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

liezryou

Have people been Greenlighting Sports games? I definitely am excited about Pro-Wrestling X (Here); but hell, I was a little over eager.

I checked out the site, and supported to play the Alpha. There's a ton of potential, but some real fundamental problems exist. It's very difficult to initiate grapple animations, and ground attacks are severely limited. It doesn't have that feel of the WWF No Mercy inspired game they're going for. It's nice that it has Gamepad support, but it feels lacking. It's an early build, and I'm excited, but damn. I jumped too quickly!

I want more Sport titles on Steam!

Seriously, the only games being green-lit are the mainstream genres. PC gaming has been needing a nice wrestling game for years. The last game we had i think was WWE RAW from 2002.

J-Tier

Techno Kitten Adventures > Rocketgirl

Nothing clever about the game other than the bikini-clad women. Nothing clever about Techno Kittens either, but I like the style better.

Top Bottom