• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(06-19-2017, 10:48 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by jackal27

I think I missed the part where I said that I want MHW to bomb? Or even that I'm not excited about it? This is the thread with the leaked gameplay vid of MHW's changes, so naturally we are going to discuss them. I'm not seeing the problem here.

You look thru this thread and tell me who's actually comparing them gameplay wise by all means. Most of the tread are ppl going lol it's not 5 because it may bomb,not supporting it cuz they screwed over the fanbase I could go on
Raide
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:48 PM)
Raide's Avatar

Originally Posted by dtm808

The real question is how hard will Capcom jag on the PC version? I am going to assume the absolute worst possible situation where we will get it a year after consoles. I say this because when i hear Capcom say "at a later date", it sets off red flags for me. I really really hope im wrong though.

Also i wish it was called MH5 : World. I just hate when games/movies drop numbers and use cliche subtitles for everything but whatever its just a name.

I am thinking Feb/March for Consoles...Summer will be the PC version. As for how well they do on the port...who knows! I am hoping they have learn loads from finally bringing it to next-gen hardware and updating things massively that is translates over to a good PC port
HashtagLapsed
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:51 PM)
HashtagLapsed's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nerazar

Do you think it will outsell the Portable series in one swoop?

It may hit MH Tri numbers will all platforms combined. I don't see much room for setting records here.

I think there is opportunity for MH to be big on PC. Its too bad Capcom will probably fuck that up by releasing it late. Even saying that World probably wont do portable numbers.

I wonder if World has G Rank and how many large monsters vanilla will have. If it is like Tri people new to the series will probably be pissed and confused.
Vengal
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:52 PM)
Vengal's Avatar
As much as I like prowler gameplay I've never really recovered from the first betrayal of moving from PS3 to Nintendo. I bought a wiiu assuming that we'd get split development and always have a wiiu version as well as a 3ds version but nope exclusively on the 3ds.

I had considered buying a capture system so I could play the 3ds on the TV but something felt wrong about generations. It not having g rank, it being a mishmash of new ideas and old monsters. It felt like the kind of thing you do when your main team is working on something else.

I think the story of monster hunter is don't be surprised when it betrays your platform.

Ps2-psp-pc-xbox360-3ds-wii-3ds-wiiu-3ds-switch-finally modern-3DS again probably
Cisce
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:52 PM)
Cisce's Avatar

Originally Posted by lyrick

The name sounds like an easy way to bring the Hunters license monthly fees over with the title.

Just because you didn't have to pay to play for MH, Tri, or 4U well this game's title is World and World wide server costs are expensive.

calm down lol
PKrockin
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:53 PM)
PKrockin's Avatar
I wonder what the drop-in system means for the two separate quest lines the series has traditionally had. Will there still be a village quest line where you can't bring in friends, or will both lines be merged to one? Will the monster defense change mid-quest if you start the quest solo and then summon other players in?
BitStyle
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:54 PM)
BitStyle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

You look thru this thread and tell me who's actually comparing them gameplay wise by all means. Most of the tread are ppl going lol it's not 5 because it may bomb,not supporting it cuz they screwed over the fanbase I could go on

To be fair with that point, it pertains to Capcom's marketing decisions with MHW's name, and is relevant to the thread. I think discussing the pros and cons as to Capcom avoiding the "5" are fair game.

Now, I agree that presenting such an argument with a predictive answer (like "it will fail") with no quantitative evidence is crystal ball lunacy that shouldn't be entertained.
Ridley327
Member
(06-19-2017, 10:58 PM)
Ridley327's Avatar

Originally Posted by PKrockin

I wonder what the drop-in system means for the two separate quest lines the series has traditionally had. Will there still be a village quest line where you can't bring in friends, or will both lines be merged to one? Will the monster defense change mid-quest if you start the quest solo and then summon other players in?

I would assume that the structure means that there's no separation between village and guild quests this time around, as there's no local mutiplayer to have to account for in this title.
GraveRobberX
Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
(06-19-2017, 10:58 PM)
GraveRobberX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ridley327

Let me get this straight: your comment is suggesting that you want people to stop telling you to not shitpost, and you want to continue down that road?

I really want to be clear, because that might actually be the most insane comment that this thread has produced.

No, I'm asking those that are MH fans to relax with from the first page of saying this game will fail
My first quote was to a poster that console version always fail

Then I got quoted to not tell true fans how the feel, when I'm just asking if you want to bring all the XX stuff cool, but don't shitpost that a game not released will fail just cause you want it to fail so it can go back to being what was

I like MH, know of it, wasn't on my console. I didn't see no interest in owning a 3ds or Wii/WiiU, so I'm interested into getting to know more about the series and franchise, but rather than be welcoming more are upset that they've been scorned by the company they think is abandoning them
That's all, I just wanted to read posts of reactions and newer info from video which I may not know or miss
Kyoufu
(06-19-2017, 11:00 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar
This thread is embarrassing, but that was to be expected.

I'm just happy that in the age of Japanese companies gravitating towards mobile platforms that we're still getting a console/PC game with a decent budget behind it, allowing for updated systems and mechanics that haven't been touched for at least a decade, a game with a worldwide simultaneous release and worldwide servers.

12 hours to go until Capcom's gameplay stream of the E3 demo.
I like how whenever topics about Crash Bandicoot and Monster Hunter World appear, they slowly become thinly veiled console warrior threads.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(06-19-2017, 11:05 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

This thread is embarrassing, but that was to be expected.

I'm just happy that in the age of Japanese companies gravitating towards mobile platforms that we're still getting a console/PC game with a decent budget behind it, allowing for updated systems and mechanics that haven't been touched for at least a decade, a game with a worldwide simultaneous release and worldwide servers.

12 hours to go until Capcom's gameplay stream of the E3 demo.

Say what? How'd I miss this announcement!
Godzilla's Left Toe
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:06 PM)
Godzilla's Left Toe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Say what? How'd I miss this announcement!

It's on the first page.
jrDev
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:09 PM)
jrDev's Avatar

Originally Posted by razgriz417

global servers? Sweet, time to get carried by Japanese hunters :D

If there are any Japanese players to play... :-P

I'm serious!
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(06-19-2017, 11:10 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Godzilla's Left Toe

It's on the first page.

Doh to be fair I read ops and go to the last page available Xp with how this thread went I'll use that as an excuse for missing that lol
ArjanN
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:17 PM)
ArjanN's Avatar

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

I like how whenever topics about Crash Bandicoot and Monster Hunter World appear, they slowly become thinly veiled console warrior threads.

That basically applies to every thread about exclusives or anthing that can be seen as console warrior ammuniton.

Most series drop the number after it gets too high because people are less likely to jump in. Pretty much every game and movie franchise does it as well, and trying to read some tinfoil theory into it is dumb.
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:24 PM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toxi

Can people who haven't played Monster Hunter quit trying to tell Monster Hunter fans how they should feel?

How about a hardcore fan telling you the same thing?
GameCenterXDS
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

No it's really not every world thread absolutely does not have to be about this game bombing or y'all not getting the other entry. Never mind the fact a "fan" shouldn't want a game in their series to bomb anyway. There's an entire thread for y'all to voice concerns about that title not coming over this is a different title and ppl are trying to get into the series me included

When world comes out and is praised and all sorts of new people get into the series that I have loved... xx will be forgotten about.
Bitmap Frogs
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:25 PM)
Bitmap Frogs's Avatar

Originally Posted by GraveRobberX

Only thing I'm presuming is some of ya'll are too fucking insular

So you haven't played the games, you haven't been in the community yet here you are making assumptions and dissing a bunch of people.

So nice of you.
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:31 PM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bitmap Frogs

So you haven't played the games, you haven't been in the community yet here you are making assumptions and dissing a bunch of people.

So nice of you.

Lol stop pretending

there has been a rift among hardcore fans too

Ive been hammering for the series to expand for years. Was crushed we didnt get portable 3rd and bewildered that 4th gen didne get a single title outside of 3DS. Not even a WiiU port after the excellent 3U

You guys have been in the 3DS trench for far too long
Orayn
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:37 PM)
Orayn's Avatar
I think it makes sense for most long running series to stop doing strict numbered installments. When a game franchise has been around for a while, it's usually going to have multiple directors, producers, and different stylistic takes on the original idea. Trying to cram them all into a strict progression is just going to create factions within the fandom about which ones are the REAL entries.
Nightii
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:41 PM)
Nightii's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

Lol stop pretending

there has been a rift among hardcore fans too

Ive been hammering for the series to expand for years. Was crushed we didnt get portable 3rd and bewildered that 4th gen didne get a single title outside of 3DS. Not even a WiiU port after the excellent 3U

You guys have been in the 3DS trench for far too long

Yeah, they need to get with the times, they are objectively wrong for liking what they like, World or nothing.
Bitmap Frogs
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:42 PM)
Bitmap Frogs's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

Lol stop pretending

there has been a rift among hardcore fans too

Ive been hammering for the series to expand for years. Was crushed we didnt get portable 3rd and bewildered that 4th gen didne get a single title outside of 3DS. Not even a WiiU port after the excellent 3U

You guys have been in the 3DS trench for far too long

I have a ps4 and a modern gaming pc so I have two choices on which to play world. It's not a platform thing, I just want XX. They are undeniably changing the formula and I wnat the last "classic" monhun.
Last edited by Bitmap Frogs; 06-19-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Khezu
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:48 PM)
Khezu's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

Lol stop pretending

there has been a rift among hardcore fans too

Ive been hammering for the series to expand for years. Was crushed we didnt get portable 3rd and bewildered that 4th gen didne get a single title outside of 3DS. Not even a WiiU port after the excellent 3U

You guys have been in the 3DS trench for far too long

Man I would have killed for a console port of 4U.
Sapientas
Banned
(06-19-2017, 11:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Chindogg

Well it took 4 pages but we've come full circle.

Holy shit. I'm laughing my ass off at this "3DS ghetto" shit.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(06-19-2017, 11:49 PM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raide

I personally think it massively depends on how World performs. If it does well, MH5 appears once they have hooked enough console players into how things work. They may as well do PS4/PC/Xb1 and Switch.

If it does poorly, I can see Capcom seeing their console expansion experiment as an utter failure and they will retract what World does fresh and move onto a 3DS/Switch game probably also called MH5.

The 3DS would likely be long since dead by then.

On-topic, I can respect the decision to go with World instead of 5, with it being more enticing to casuals & all. Plus, as mentioned by others, Capcom kinda left themselves an out to revert to the traditional MH style if World doesn't do well.
Sapientas
Banned
(06-19-2017, 11:51 PM)

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

Lol stop pretending

there has been a rift among hardcore fans too

Ive been hammering for the series to expand for years. Was crushed we didnt get portable 3rd and bewildered that 4th gen didne get a single title outside of 3DS. Not even a WiiU port after the excellent 3U

You guys have been in the 3DS trench for far too long

In the end it kinda did with XX on Switch coming up?
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(06-19-2017, 11:51 PM)
Man God's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

The 3DS would likely be long since dead by then.

On-topic, I can respect the decision to go with World instead of 5, with it being more enticing to casuals & all. Plus, as mentioned by others, Capcom kinda left themselves an out to revert to the traditional MH style if World doesn't do well.

Nah if World fails it'll fail pretty much right away. Still likely too late for 3DS but Nintendo seems convinced to support it through next year.
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:52 PM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nightii

Yeah, they need to get with the times, they are objectively wrong for liking what they like, World or nothing.

thats not the tone i was taking but whatever

you can want XX... we all do

without shitting on anyone who is legitmstely excited for MHW

MHW is still good news even if the XX news sucks
Orayn
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:54 PM)
Orayn's Avatar
I find myself disagreeing with two of the emerging schools of thought since the reveal.

The "HAHA, SUCK IT 3DS/TRADITIONAL MH FANS, THE SERIES IS FINALLY EVOLVING AND LEAVING BEHIND TECH LIMITATIONS AND STUFF" people aren't taking into account that there are still some potential pitfalls to be addressed, like:
  • How healing on the move will affect the difficulty curve
  • The overall monster health vs. player damage vs. monster damage balancing act
  • The effects on chasing/escape tactics from not having any more zones
  • The addition of more opportunities to get free condition and environmental damage
  • Being able to change gear at camp mid-mission
But I also take issue with people treating the above potential issues as guaranteed disasters that will completely strip the series of its identity and ruin it for them forever. I figure that's probably not an issue since there's a fair chance of more orthodox MH games still releasing on portables, but having some degree of concern about the changes isn't an unreasonable worry.

Personally, I'm about 75% optimistic, 25% cautious.
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-19-2017, 11:56 PM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Orayn

I find myself disagreeing with two of the emerging schools of thought since the reveal.

The "HAHA, SUCK IT 3DS/TRADITIONAL MH FANS, THE SERIES IS FINALLY EVOLVING AND LEAVING BEHIND TECH LIMITATIONS AND STUFF" people aren't taking into account that there are still some potential pitfalls to be addressed, like:

  • How healing on the move will affect the difficulty curve
  • The overall monster health vs. player damage vs. monster damage balancing act
  • The effects on chasing/escape tactics from not having any more zones
  • The addition of more opportunities to get free condition and environmental damage
  • Being able to change gear at camp mid-mission
But I also take issue with people treating the above potential issues as guaranteed disasters that will completely strip the series of its identity and ruin it for them forever. I figure that's probably not an issue since there's a fair chance of more orthodox MH games still releasing on portables, but having some degree of concern about the changes isn't an unreasonable worry.

Personally, I'm about 75% optimistic, 25% cautious.

Considering this is being made but the exact same people that shook the foundations of the game with 3rd gen underwater and 4th gen aerial I honestly do see the problem jumping into the next evolution of the series
Sapientas
Banned
(06-19-2017, 11:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Orayn

I find myself disagreeing with two of the emerging schools of thought since the reveal.

Personally, I'm about 75% optimistic, 25% cautious.

Surely there's a less polite way of referring to console warriors.
MatrixMan.EXE
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:00 AM)
MatrixMan.EXE's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thoraxes

(and as for me, I typically don't buy multiplayer games where platforms are split, or where paid DLC splits playerbases because it results in a lesser community for everyone once you have that divide)

That's...quite something. So you avoid all multiplatform multiplayer games? Genuine question. More power to you if that's the way you do things though.
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:01 AM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar
Pretty sure the majority of the community wanted XX either way

Its the people shitting on MHW thats rubbing me the wrong way

We are on the same page on one topic and divided on the other

Frustrating to say the least
Night Angel
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:02 AM)
Night Angel's Avatar
What kills me is the same poster in multiple threads making up fake concerns that this game will have a monthly fee in the west. Like, is it really important to you that no one is excited for this westernized spinoff trash /s entry in the franchise?

The lengths people are going to explain how this isn't the real MH despite specific messaging from the developers (who also happen to be the main team who have worked on past mainline entries) that it is, indeed, the next evolution for the franchise is just sad. Even worse are the people flat out making shit up to stir up concern.

Stop shitting up MHW threads because you wanted a different game on the Switch.
Orayn
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:04 AM)
Orayn's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrROBschiz

Considering this is being made but the exact same people that shook the foundations of the game with 3rd gen underwater and 4th gen aerial I honestly do see the problem jumping into the next evolution of the series

Well yeah, I do think they'll get a lot of those things right, I'm just saying that there are still unanswered questions and things to be reasonably concerned about, and we likely won't know the actual answer until the game is out and we have a more complete understanding of how they're balanced and implemented. Some of them could even work great but still be mixed blessing, like Dead Rising 2 feeling a little too easy at times because they added fun/powerful combo weapons and improved companion AI quite a bit but didn't compensate with additional difficulty in other areas.

I do think it is real MH, to the point where they might fall short of their sales targets because it's still a unique, quirky co-op action game with a bit of a learning curve rather than some really familiar open world thing thing that will instantly click with the masses.
Last edited by Orayn; 06-20-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Jawbreaker
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:05 AM)
Jawbreaker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

What kills me is the same poster in multiple threads making up fake concerns that this game will have a monthly fee in the west. Like, is it really important to you that no one is excited for this westernized spinoff trash /s entry in the franchise?

The lengths people are going to explain how this isn't the real MH despite specific messaging from the developers (who also happen to be the main team who have worked on past mainline entries) that it is, indeed, the next evolution for the franchise is just sad. Even worse are the people flat out making shit up to stir up concern.

Stop shitting up MHW threads because you wanted a different game on the Switch.

Spinning a narrative in your head can help ease the pain sometimes.
MatrixMan.EXE
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:06 AM)
MatrixMan.EXE's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel


Stop shitting up MHW threads because you wanted a different game on the Switch.

This is what it comes down to. And I say this as someone who really wants MHXX to be localised so I can (potentially) bring my MHG save file over. I don't think I'm going to be able to stand 7 more months of this.
Chindogg
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:08 AM)
Chindogg's Avatar
For everyone claiming World will potentially be a smash hit on PC and consoles I'm curious: how much do you think World will cost?

My guess is that they're going to pull a full $60.

Now what does that mean? Well here's what Monster Hunter usually entails:
  • No Story Mode
  • Very few modes in general
  • Lots of grinding resources
  • Tons of RNG for certain resources to the point of unfairness

Considering the complaints about SFV lately about being light on content I'm fully expecting these MH staples to still be in as the reward of the game is the actual "hunting" aspect of combat and gathering materials for better gear for better combat.

I hope everyone understands that this is most likely what's going to happen when it regards to sales. For us MH faithful, we'll be ok with it. I dunno about everyone else though.

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Whole bunch of assumptions and guess work. Than when it doesn't fail a new narrative will be told and a new spin will emerge the gaf way

Likewise. I prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to Capcom's track record. Better to do that then get upset when all your expectations are dashed because Capcom's gotta Capcom.
Last edited by Chindogg; 06-20-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(06-20-2017, 12:09 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chindogg

For everyone claiming World will potentially be a smash hit on PC and consoles I'm curious: how much do you think World will cost?

My guess is that they're going to pull a full $60.

Now what does that mean? Well here's what Monster Hunter usually entails:

  • No Story Mode
  • Very few modes in general
  • Lots of grinding resources
  • Tons of RNG for certain resources to the point of unfairness

Considering the complaints about SFV lately about being light on content I'm fully expecting these MH staples to still be in as the reward of the game is the actual "hunting" aspect of combat and gathering materials for better gear for better combat.

I hope everyone understands that this is most likely what's going to happen when it regards to sales. For us MH faithful, we'll be ok with it. I dunno about everyone else though.

Whole bunch of assumptions and guess work. Than when it doesn't fail a new narrative will be told and a new spin will emerge the gaf way

Grinding resources are apparent in a lot of AAA games

They market it right it'll do fine with the masses who like running around with buddies
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:10 AM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by MatrixMan.EXE

This is what it comes down to. And I say this as someone who really wants MHXX to be localised so I can (potentially) bring my MHG save file over. I don't think I'm going to be able to stand 7 more months of this.

Agreed

Can we all come together and acknowledge that we all wanted to play XX on switch?

Its a collective pain that they arent localizing it

But its not all bad news and MHW looks legitimately great. Lets continue to push for all games getting localized and support this new gen please
Orayn
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:11 AM)
Orayn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chindogg

For everyone claiming World will potentially be a smash hit on PC and consoles I'm curious: how much do you think World will cost?

My guess is that they're going to pull a full $60.

Now what does that mean? Well here's what Monster Hunter usually entails:

  • No Story Mode
  • Very few modes in general
  • Lots of grinding resources
  • Tons of RNG for certain resources to the point of unfairness

Considering the complaints about SFV lately about being light on content I'm fully expecting these MH staples to still be in as the reward of the game is the actual "hunting" aspect of combat and gathering materials for better gear for better combat.

I hope everyone understands that this is most likely what's going to happen when it regards to sales. For us MH faithful, we'll be ok with it. I dunno about everyone else though.

I think we can safely assume the presence of a modest story mode akin to MH4. No EPIC CINEMATIC JOURNEY, but some cutscenes and setpiece missions that advance a decent enough overarching plot that ties together the various locales and hunts while teaching the player all the concepts they need to know. The bulk of the game will still be optional and/or endgame, but I find it very unlikely that they'll make it a big unadorned brick of content like MHX or the Portable series.
Jawmuncher
(06-20-2017, 12:12 AM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Whole bunch of assumptions and guess work. Than when it doesn't fail a new narrative will be told and a new spin will emerge the gaf way

Grinding resources are apparent in a lot of AAA games

They market it right it'll do fine with the masses who like running around with buddies

It's still a possibility to consider. No one should just assume it'll be a huge hit. Especially since it'll be a late port. That's not to say I won't be, but it's definitely better to be at a spot of cautious optimism.
KiNolin
Junior Member
(06-20-2017, 12:12 AM)
KiNolin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Orayn

I find myself disagreeing with two of the emerging schools of thought since the reveal.

The "HAHA, SUCK IT 3DS/TRADITIONAL MH FANS, THE SERIES IS FINALLY EVOLVING AND LEAVING BEHIND TECH LIMITATIONS AND STUFF" people aren't taking into account that there are still some potential pitfalls to be addressed, like:

  • How healing on the move will affect the difficulty curve
  • The overall monster health vs. player damage vs. monster damage balancing act
  • The effects on chasing/escape tactics from not having any more zones
  • The addition of more opportunities to get free condition and environmental damage
  • Being able to change gear at camp mid-mission
But I also take issue with people treating the above potential issues as guaranteed disasters that will completely strip the series of its identity and ruin it for them forever. I figure that's probably not an issue since there's a fair chance of more orthodox MH games still releasing on portables, but having some degree of concern about the changes isn't an unreasonable worry.

Personally, I'm about 75% optimistic, 25% cautious.

These points are about as "drastic" as any normal gaming sequel faces. There's no reason to freak out about any of this or think it's impossible to "solve" just because MH has been stuck in the past for so long that people are only able to imagine the series as more 3ds iterations.
Last edited by KiNolin; 06-20-2017 at 12:17 AM.
BitStyle
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:12 AM)
BitStyle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chindogg

For everyone claiming World will potentially be a smash hit on PC and consoles I'm curious: how much do you think World will cost?

My guess is that they're going to pull a full $60.

Now what does that mean? Well here's what Monster Hunter usually entails:

  • No Story Mode
  • Very few modes in general
  • Lots of grinding resources
  • Tons of RNG for certain resources to the point of unfairness

Considering the complaints about SFV lately about being light on content I'm fully expecting these MH staples to still be in as the reward of the game is the actual "hunting" aspect of combat and gathering materials for better gear for better combat.

I hope everyone understands that this is most likely what's going to happen when it regards to sales. For us MH faithful, we'll be ok with it. I dunno about everyone else though.

I'd expect they'd at least try to do more with the barebones story this go around, and I'm sure they'll at least alleviate the usual grind. There is a question of content, and vanilla gens for MH are variable in that aspect, but only time will tell.

Give me DLC prowler and hunter arts and I'll buy that shit up, Capcom
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(06-20-2017, 12:14 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

It's still a possibility to consider. No one should just assume it'll be a huge hit. Especially since it'll be a late port. That's not to say I won't be, but it's definitely better to be at a spot of cautious optimism.

My question is why now? Why now after all these monster hunters do y'all have to create all the bad scenarios? I've seen the exact opposite of any assuming it'll be a hit three threads I've been in have predicted bomb because it's not on a handheld
DrROBschiz
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:15 AM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

My question is why now? Why now after all these monster hunters do y'all have to create all the bad scenarios? I've seen the exact opposite of any assuming it'll be a hit three threads I've been in have predicted bomb because it's not on a handheld

Its pretty ugly right?

All the actual evidence so far has only driven me to excitement
Delio
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:17 AM)
Delio's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Whole bunch of assumptions and guess work. Than when it doesn't fail a new narrative will be told and a new spin will emerge the gaf way

Grinding resources are apparent in a lot of AAA games

They market it right it'll do fine with the masses who like running around with buddies

They should have did a trailer like Anthem with the baked in Voice chatter of you hunting a monster with your buddies.
pillowtalk
Member
(06-20-2017, 12:18 AM)
pillowtalk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toxi

Can people who haven't played Monster Hunter quit trying to tell Monster Hunter fans how they should feel?

I've been there since the start and I agree with him.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(06-20-2017, 12:18 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Delio

They should have did a trailer like Anthem with the baked in Voice chatter of you hunting a monster with your buddies.

Idk if sarcasm but lol that seems to work looking at the top seller for 2017 Xp

Thread Tools