• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Ghost Editions selling for crazy amounts on eBay

I was watching a few of these bids on eBay for Destiny's limited edition and started watching a few. This morning, my friend's sold for $1,025.

DMCNmaq.png

Others were selling for $600-$700. I have one I want to keep, but that money is tempting. What's the chances of this going for even more (sealed) years from now? I guess it depends on the game's quality on release.

brainexplode.gif

Edit: IGN and GameSpot are covering this now. Aren't we special?

I would say that there is exactly zero chance that you'd anywhere near that much years from now. Too many people have the same idea and there are probably too many copies out there by now.

I'm seriously kicking myself for canceling my 2nd preorder. I got one for my brother before I realized that he didn't want it. ;_;

Yagharek

Like all bungie collector editions in a year's time you will have to pay to get rid of it.

Legendary edition my arse.

SerTapTap

Don't see enough content to even justify the $150 pricetag...

There's $35 of DLC included right off the bat. Plus some minor digital only stuff, plus an artbook-as-weapon-listing sort of thing, plus an uber fancy box, plus the light up Ghost figurine with voice samples, plus a couple physical goodies I'm forgetting about.

MrDaravon

Like all bungie collector editions in a year's time you will have to pay to get rid of it.

Legendary edition my arse.

Pretty clearly not the case here. Pre-orders at most places closed within a day or so of it being announced, if not hours. I know 3 people who literally were at work the day it was announced, saw it when they got home and have never been able to secure pre-orders anywhere and they've been looking. Walmart is cancelling some/most of all of their pre-orders. You can't even pre-order the regular Limited Edition for some or ALL versions of the game at most retailers (Amazon is completely out of all 4, Gamestop only has last-gen versions and only online, etc) and we're still over a month out from launch. While this thing is worth nowhere near $1k, these things are clearly actually limited.

BibiMaghoo

Why would anyone pay that much for a special edition of a game that is a new IP and unreleased, meaning it could easily be pretty shit, even if you enjoyed the Alpha / Beta.

I have no idea to be honest.

dstruiks

Neo Member
I almost picked up the Ghost Edition, which would have been my first CE in years. Then I remembered that I have small children, and my toys are their toys. It would've been all but two hours until Dinklage was having tea with Mrs. Nesbitt.

Top Bottom