• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnas

That soundtrack sampler posted a couple pages back or so was a bit of a letdown for me, but I'll reserve final judgment until I actually play the game and hear the music in its proper context.

I was just listening to some Demon's Souls music and it seems so much more varied in comparison. I might like the Dark Souls samples more if more tracks lacked the (imo) unnecessary
vocal oohs and aahs
. I usually like that sort of thing in moderation, but it seems way overdone here.

Nix

Banned
Foffy said:
Crossbows are still terrible, and I guess people are using Halberds because they fixed them from Demon's Souls. :p
The fuck? Yeah they were horrible at reload times, and the weight, couple with the best bolts were quite annoying burden and soul wise, but fuck if they weren't great secondary weapons. Easy to use, easy to access, and great to actually just truck on with.

(I switched to bows as my secondary weapon later on, but that was because of damage output, not preference)

Chiave

I didn't see what that guy did exactly in that video. All I saw was the damn near !00% boss health fall to 0% in less than 8 secs maybe?

Max

I am not Max
Sseklebeast said:
I had a chat with someone from Amazon yesterday and they said that it will only ship in Collector's Editions for awhile.
That's odd because the CE is sold out on .ca

putarorex

Played it for about an hour with a priest. Had a lot of fun just exploring; seems much more open this time around. The only disappointing thing so far is that the game froze when I was looking through a merchant's wares. : (

Oichi said:
I got my copy with soundtrack and map! Woot!
How is is the map quality? What is it made of?

putarorex said:
Played it for about an hour with a priest. Had a lot of fun just exploring; seems much more open this time around. The only disappointing thing so far is that the game froze when I was looking through a merchant's wares. : (
Is the patch live yet?

Shuusui

So, I just heard about the news for those who tried to play the game early.

Anyone seen any footage of the Uber Phantom? Only seen a picture of the stats...

putarorex

Cloudius12 said:
How is is the map quality? What is it made of?

Is the patch live yet?

Map is nothing fancy (glossy paper like the booklet). I downloaded a patch before starting the game, but it still froze up.

The voice acting is great as well. Still has the depressing atmosphere of demon souls.

-Mikey- said:
Is there a preferred version for Dark Souls? PS3 or 360?
Preference really. But I think most would get the PS3 becasue of the already established fanbase. Japan doesn't get the 360 version. So if you get it for 360, you will have 1 region less to play with, assume anyone in Japan would buy it for the 360 anyways lol.

Jimrpg

Cloudius12 said:
Preference really. But I think most would get the PS3 becasue of the already established fanbase.

Do you think the 360 disc size limitation of being on a 9GB dvd will have an effect on the game? size? graphics or otherwise?

im expecting it to be the same on both systems.

-Mikey-

Cloudius12 said:
Preference really. But I think most would get the PS3 becasue of the already established fanbase. Japan doesn't get the 360 version. So if you get it for 360, you will have 1 region less to play with, assume anyone in Japan would buy it for the 360 anyways lol.
PS3 it is.

You better not invade my world and kill me in this game too! D:

arbok26 said:
Do you think the 360 disc size limitation of being on a 9GB dvd will have an effect on the game? size? graphics or otherwise?

From the 360 footage that was floating around online, I think at the moment it is safe to say they are somewhat identical.

-Mikey- said:
PS3 it is.

You better not invade my world and kill me in this game too! D:
I'll be looking out for any Gaffers =D

Man I feel so guilty every time I click a link to watch a stream.

It's like I know that in order to enjoy this game the most I gotta be as unfamiliar with it as possible. I need to go to self control class or something.

arbok26 said:

Not only is the PS3 version less gigs than what can fit on a DVD, but the gameplay vids of both versions look identical.

So don't worry. This should actually be address in the OT because so many people are asking.

ssolitare said:
Man I feel so guilty every time I click a link to watch a stream.

It's like I know that in order to enjoy this game the most I gotta be as unfamiliar with it as possible. I need to go to self control class or something.
if it makes you feel any better, most of the streams won't spoiler that much because they will be playing the same thing over and over again ;D

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Game got. Totally did not reserve the collector's edition and still got the soundtrack and map. Pics incoming.

worldrevolution said:
Game got. Totally did not reserve the collector's edition and still got the soundtrack and map. Pics incoming.
You didn't have to reserve it. If I remember correctly all pre-orders got bumped up to the better edition with map and soundtrack. Unless you mean you didn't pre-order at all.

Orayn

hypFc.jpg

Less than two weeks left.

Speevy

Banned
I like these From Software guys. Instead of rebuilding their whole level around a monster who might fall off the ledge, or making the monster smaller or whatever, they just said "Let the bastard fall to his death."

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
-Pyromaniac- said:
You didn't have to reserve it. If I remember correctly all pre-orders got bumped up to the better edition with map and soundtrack. Unless you mean you didn't pre-order at all.

Well, in Japan at least they were selling the regular/collector's set seperately on Amazon with no word whatsoever about automatic upgrades for regular. I got it from a local store and again there was no note about the special edition being automatic so for me it's a nice surprise.

Foffy said:
Crossbows are still terrible, and I guess people are using Halberds because they fixed them from Demon's Souls. :p

There was nothing wrong with halberds in DS, I finished the game with mi initial weapon :/

Zeal

Banned
wish NCS would ship it out today so I could have it tomorrow, but friday isn't that far away.

by the way, if you pick a melee class that doesn't start with magic, can you learn it later in the game? just wondering.

Dude I'm gonna make a dark skinned female and I bet that I'd be the only one out there lol.

Magic is weird for me. I had much more fun using meele in DS than magic...but I don't want to miss out on magic you know.

I'm an expert

Few more pics. On the back of the map is all the jobs and their starting stats. Neat!

Sorry for the terrible pictures btw. Bad camera. If you click the picture on the main imageshack page it's bigger and easier to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom