• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Zweizer

Banned
One-Punch Man ch71

Pretty predictable development, though I'll have to admit it was pretty flashy.

I Am a Hero ch252

He's going to fuck things up even more, isn't he?

Is reading manga cute in itself, or does the act of reading it make one cute? I hope to learn the answer from this thread.

The Mermaid Princess's Guilty Meal 2
fBkqYz6.png
Deader than Tuna-san. Even though this chapter basically followed the same formula as the first one, the premise still feels so delicious that it's completely forgivable. Watching the princess gradually give herself over to cannibalism is the stuff that dreams are made of. Well, my dreams anyway.

Love Live! School Idol Diary 7

I should be used to their personalities being different in the manga, but even so, seeing Nico like that feels weeeird. I'd rather take my chances with the piano phantom than her. Particularly when it's actually Nozomi.

Saitama doesn't really seem to hurt human's even when they deserve it in many cases. Even when he beat the Tank Top Brothers up it seemed like he thought he pushed it a bit far since he thought they'd be a lot stronger.

Thing is, he didn't seem to mind just wacking the previous entrants. I suppose he was just interested to see what Shiryu could do, and see if he could learn something. He even said that he wanted to see martial arts. Unfortunately, when he tried something himself, he just straight knocked shiryu for six...

Terra formars 177 - 202
Needed more Alek K Stewart and Marcos Garcia, too much time without them, even too much time without Michelle K Davis, though some interesting jouji moments at times.. Oh well Akari was super cool especially in that tank top lol.

Didnt expect the earth arc would be an actual full scale war on Earth, with even lasers on Tokyo towers.

upandaway

Dungeon Meshi ch3

IMPROVE YOUR EATING HABITS
RETHINK YOUR LIFESTYLE RHYTHMS
GET PROPER EXERCISE

Senshi is so good. Marsilla is better though.

RIP level1 adventurers, wish we saw more of the basilisk egg

Dungeon Meshi ch3

IMPROVE YOUR EATING HABITS
RETHINK YOUR LIFESTYLE RHYTHMS
GET PROPER EXERCISE

Senshi is so good. Marsilla is better though.

RIP level1 adventurers, wish we saw more of the basilisk egg

Your making me want to re-re-read the manga again...I wanted to save my third read through when Yen Press released it in April. Also don't worry, Senshi doesn't waste any food you will see it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Thing is, he didn't seem to mind just wacking the previous entrants. I suppose he was just interested to see what Shiryu could do, and see if he could learn something. He even said that he wanted to see martial arts. Unfortunately, when he tried something himself, he just straight knocked shiryu for six...

I guess I should have worded that a bit different. He will hurt humans he fights against but he often holds back even more so than he usually does. Saitama beat all the human fighters at the tournament with his typical single punch but he didn't kick the shit out of any of them or cause them undue harm. He beat them and that was it.

upandaway

Flying Witch 31

Don't read this when hungry either

Hakumei & Mikochi 22

OR THIS OMG

STOP DOING THIS TO ME I DONT WANNA EAT AT 11PM

Your making me want to re-re-read the manga again...I wanted to save my third read through when Yen Press released it in April. Also don't worry, Senshi doesn't waste any food you will see it.
It's pretty great. So far it's episodic which makes it easier for me, you can join in for a daily chapter read if you want, it'll be fun

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I Am a Hero ch. 252

Oh my god at Not Asano discarding those two with the quickness. What a dick lol.

One Punch Man (Murata) ch. w/e

Smashing up the ring looked pretty cool, though I'm just glad that little exchange is done and we can move on to something more exciting.

The Miniature Garden of Twindle 2
The coloursssss. I'm not 100% sure whether this is flat out revealing what happened to Gizel, but this series doesn't strike me as being good at keeping secrets. With Nicola also disappearing, I suppose that'd be him in the background. Well, time for the MC and his hired help to play detective, assuming their siblings even want to be found.

Kako and the False Detective 1a

So chapter 1 was chapter 0 and this is actually chapter 1. Seems fitting, since the first part of this felt like more introductory material. The regular murders are proving to be open and shut cases, I'm more looking forward to when the vengeful spirits get involved. It's normal to think that ghost Kako is cuter than her 'human' appearance right? Right.

So I finally decided to catch up with the My Hero Academia manga, its pretty decent though its not the 2nd coming of christ I see some people hailing it as. I see some people saying its a better Naruto and while good I can't say I agree with that as yet as Naruto was pretty damn good up to its 124th chapter which is where MHA is now so there's a lot of time for MHA to shit the bed as well. Anyways I hope it doesn't as its been a good ride so far.

Break Blade (Latest Chapter): We'll that was pretty neat... shame it was only 14 pages.. Not sure what's going on exactly with Zess and torture lady, but I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Soma

Fire Punch 1-39

this manga is kinda dumb

kinda really dumb

i can't stop reading though in-spite of the whole edginess stuff because it all just feels very campy at this point.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

....dafuq?

I'm guessing my theory that she's just Fuuka 1, but with her memories permanently lost is true.

dani_dc

Oh new thread.
Hopefully I actually post again this time around.

I am a Hero 252

Him shooting anyone would be extremely odd considering he doesn't understand the situation.

I really hope this is the climax of the manga before it ends, the story is going nowhere at this point.

Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Haikyuu!!
One Piece
Boku no Hero Academia (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Shokugeki no Souma
Black Clover (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Gintama
Spring Weapon Number One
Yakusoku no Neverland (CP)
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Ole Golazo
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (CP)
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Demon's Plan

Shounen Jump Issue 11:
Cover, Lead CP: U19 (New Series)
CP: Haikyuu!!, Hinomaru Zumou, Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Extra Page: Seuji wo Pin! to

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Surprising placement on Spring Weapon. Unless that's Jump trying to push it after it's poor ratings and they don't want to lose so many new series. But since there's five more on the way, something has to go.

Also, going by the latest Viz Jump, the new series (Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai) is simply called We Never Learn in English.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo

Can we get to the next Ippo fight now? I don't really care about this character and his fight. I just want to see Ippo murder a dude.

Fuuka

....dafuq?

I'm guessing my theory that she's just Fuuka 1, but with her memories permanently lost is true.

You'd think her mom would have said something to him. Ah well, Seo gonna Seo. Too bad Truck-kun didn't finish the job.

Surprising placement on Spring Weapon. Unless that's Jump trying to push it after it's poor ratings and they don't want to lose so many new series. But since there's five more on the way, something has to go.

Also, going by the latest Viz Jump, the new series (Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai) is simply called We Never Learn in English.

Gag manga's tend to be very unstable ranking wise, though Spring Weapon's rankings are sorta reminding me of Sket Dance which debuted in last place and stayed in the bottom 2 spots for the first 7 issues that it was ranked. (Past Rankings can be found here.)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Fire Punch 1-39

this manga is kinda dumb

kinda really dumb

i can't stop reading though in-spite of the whole edginess stuff because it all just feels very campy at this point.

Yeah, same. its not good by any mean, but damn, its entertaining
Fuuka

....dafuq?

HOW AND WHY?

mellow

Fire Punch 1-39

this manga is kinda dumb

kinda really dumb

I also read and caught up with this a couple days ago, i'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic settings in manga and it seemed like it had potential for a chapter or two. I honestly thought the translators were trolling with how completely absurd the majority of the dialogue is

Oh new thread.
Hopefully I actually post again this time around.

I am a Hero 252

Him shooting anyone would be extremely odd considering he doesn't understand the situation.

I really hope this is the climax of the manga before it ends, the story is going nowhere at this point.

there are only a handful of chapters left I believe, sucks that it's sort of fizzling out towards the end because it's been one of my favorite manga the last few years and I feel like there is/was a lot of potential with stories to be told within the world

Principate

Saint Titanfall
so, like

is Fire Punch supposed to be a joke or not
Of course it's supposed to be a joke. This should have been obvious a while in. The author said near the start he was going to change the tone of each volume. We're clearly in the comedy part right now.

dani_dc

Fuuka 141

I won't believe she's actually Fuuka, it would make absolutely no sense within any events.

Either way however Yuu dates next is the losing girl.

there are only a handful of chapters left I believe, sucks that it's sort of fizzling out towards the end because it's been one of my favorite manga the last few years and I feel like there is/was a lot of potential with stories to be told within the world

I'm glad if it's over soon,the author seems to be a bit lost on where to go for awhile now, and while the world itself is interesting, the current set of characters and story isn't that much.

Plus I'd like to see him tackle a new work.

Somali To Mori No Kami-sama Ch1-8: First off let me say that the artwork is beautiful, very reminiscent of Berserk in it's Fantasia arc. And as someone who usually isn't that bothered by art I'd recommend giving it a look just to bask in it's fantasy world.

Back on track; Somali To Mori No Kami-sama is a
see: Adventure, Fantasy, Seinen, Slice Of Life
manga based around a golem discovering an abandoned child one day in the forest and together the pair set out to find more humans, while travelling across a strange fantasy world.

This fantasy world sort of takes the idea of Humans becoming an endangered species after being hunted down by monsters out for a spin, interjecting moments of suspense along with enjoyable 'father' 'daughter' bonding moments that are really touching.

I do fully expect it to cause me to cry more than once through it's run as
We've already found out that daddy golem's life span is exactly a 1000 years and he is currently 998 years and a few days old.
. As well as the sad moments of loss that have already been hinted at by the various side characters.

Currently I have only found 8 chapters translated none being more than 30~40 pages so it's something you can read in less than an half an hour if you're quick. That said I'd recommend giving it a look just for it's premise alone.

Fancolors

Did I miss something it just says extra page next week not that its ending

Haven't touched the actual issue myself yet, but apparently there are plot developments that point to it ending in the near future.

I hope this is not the case, but it would make sense for the extra pages to be there if this was the case.

On side note, Ole Golazo should be doing so much better.

Top Bottom