• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

hlhbk

Ah well. No Steam no purchase from them. If I am gonna get a non Steam version I will go to best buy to get playable Robin.

gdt

I got this for $33...Robin can go f himself. He'll get unlocked on the PC version pretty soon anyway (I felt a bit of a non-steam pang, but since it won't have steam cheevos anyway, and it's tied to my gamertag, it literally makes no difference if I buy it from Steam or not)

Probably gonna get AC:R on GMG too. Plus any and all holiday Steamworks games.

chewydogg said:
Setting up an account. Any one have a referral link? Pm if so please...

edit: Thanks Nameless, got it.
No problem! If anyone else needs one, or want help with setting up an account so you can pay in USD, just PM me.

REV 09

If you launch the game from Steam then it'll still have a lot of Steam features such as the overlay. I don't see the big deal in just tying non-steam games to your Steam account. The "banner icon" looks weak, but icon uniformity isn't worth dismissing deals on other sites.

REV 09 said:
If you launch the game from Steam then it'll still have a lot of Steam features such as the overlay. I don't see the big deal in just tying non-steam games to your Steam account. The "banner icon" looks weak, but icon uniformity isn't worth dismissing deals on other sites.
What I primarily want is the ability to download it from Valve's servers.

Anybody have Twitter and can ask them if they'll get Space Marine after release day? Their twitter message about it was kinda vague:

For those asking about Space Marine, it doesn't look like we'll have the game up before it's released, sorry :( /Rob
Does that mean they'll have it soon after it's released (like launch day or a couple days after) or does it mean like possibly sometime in the future (meaning they don't have a contract with THQ yet but they'll try and it could be a while)?

gdt

Heavy said:
Anybody have Twitter and can ask them if they'll get Space Marine after release day? Their twitter message about it was kinda vague:

Does that mean they'll have it soon after it's released (like launch day or a couple days after) or does it mean like possibly sometime in the future (meaning they don't have a contract with THQ yet but they'll try and it could be a while)?

I think that means they'll have it day of release. Meaning no pre-loading.

gdt

TheNamelessOne said:
What I primarily want is the ability to download it from Valve's servers.

Aye, I'll miss this, for sure.

Reading too much Dance of Dragons

kamspy

Gez said:
This is permabannable guys. If we where allowed to post referral links i would of fucked up neogaf by now and would be swimming in money.

This is basically a thread dedicated to referral links. Chill out.

Salsa

yeah i can offer a referal link as well, wouldnt mind those extra $5 in store credit to get some of the new stuff coming up, not gonna lie to you. I hate referals but this win-win situation is really cool.

Erebus

I'm planning to buy Dead Island tomorrow, so any help with giving me credit through referral links would be appreciated! :) So PM if you're interested to sign up on GMG.

EDIT: Wouldn't it be more fair for all if we keep the circulation of referral links through PMs only?

Echoplx

The sooner they nerf referrals the better, this referral spamming is just pathetic and completely ruins this thread.

3chopl0x said:
The sooner they nerf referrals the better, this referral spamming is just pathetic and completely ruins this thread.

The sooner they nerf referrals the sooner they get less clients. This is what GMG wants, and this is a GMG thread.

Echoplx

Metalmurphy said:
The sooner they nerf referrals the sooner they get less clients. This is what GMG wants, and this is a GMG thread.

Hah, I highly doubt that but with your insight into their business how can i disagree!

Hopefully a mod comes and bans all those posting referral links.

Teknoman

Heh had no idea you could get permabanned for referral links... It does seem like a good deal though, since both get five dollars credit.

Bungieware said:
You do realise you can get perma'd for posting them?

I think this is different imo, this is not a case of people fooling others into clicking a referral for personal gain, you have people here asking for referrals, and being explicit about it, because both people gain from it. This is just people looking for a better deal when buying a game. It's not a scam.

Metalmurphy said:
I think this is different imo, this is not a case of people fooling others into clicking a referral for personal gain, you have people here asking for referrals, and being explicit about it, because both people gain from it. This is just people looking for a better deal when buying a game. It's not a scam.

This definitely isn't different. I would remove your link asap if I were you.

Bungieware said:
This definitely isn't different. Remove your link asap.

Mods can see edits, my link was posted back i page 3 when someone asked for one. If I am to be banned editing my post probably isn't gonna change that.

And yes, it is different.

dream

Metalmurphy said:
Mods can see edits, my link was posted back i page 3 when someone asked for one. If I am to be banned editing my post probably isn't gonna change that.

And yes, it is different.

I think, if anything, the backseat modding is even more egregious...

There's no backseat modding going on. Someone got banned in the Battlefield 3 thread for posting a referral link earlier today. I don't want to see anyone get banned.

Bungieware said:
There's no backseat modding going on. Someone got banned in the Battlefield 3 thread for posting a referral link earlier today. I don't want to see anyone get banned.
You don't :p The other one does.

Question. How is this different from people sharing referral codes to get into steamgifts for free games?

Serves the same purpose (well, GMG deal is beneficial for both so I'd say it's better) and "ruins" the threads equally.

Card Boy

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Question. How is this different from people sharing referral codes to get into steamgifts for free games?

Serves the same purpose (well, GMG deal is beneficial for both so I'd say it's better) and "ruins" the threads equally.

Because the codes on Steamgifts are not referral links. You don't get any benefit for making a code from Steamgifts, if anything your losing points for the competitions you can enter.

The GMG referral link gives both parties $5.

Cptkrush

Metalmurphy said:

Honestly, the more people that use GMG the better, and there's no better way than to have them use a referral link. It's for the greater good really. Like you said, it's equally beneficial for both parties.

Gez said:
Because the codes on Steamgifts are not referral links. You don't get any benefit for making a code from Steamgifts, if anything your losing points for the competitions you can enter.

The GMG referral link gets both parties $5.

It's still a referral code, its a code tied to your account. And the way I see it one benefits 1 person (and has drawbacks for the other one), the other one benefits both.

Top Bottom