• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Ship [OT]: Sundays 9:00pm on TNT: Russian BF4 Heli Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I can deal with the shitty dialogue any more. It's not just bad it's almost inhuman, like something a rural north korean would write if you let them watch some shitty 90s military movies, gave them a book of cliche one lines then told them to write dialogue for a tv show.

Kyougar

First Russians, now Al Qaeda.
Do we get North Koreans in the 3rd Episode and Chinese in the fourth?
And its all a plot of liberal Democrats in the end I suppose.

I saw one (german) review that sees it sarcastically as an advertising for the far right Wing of the US.

Personally, it is entertaining to this point, if you can block out the cringeworthy undertones.

What I think will happen Plotwise in the first season:
- the russians or some faction of the russion government created the Virus
- they ALLREADY have the cure
- they want to destroy the american cure progress to get a world only with the people they deemed safeworthy.

Trax

Banned
Gaf help, I just watched both episodes and I feel dumber. Is there a drug to make me forget the stupidity of this show?

Who wrote the script?
The dialogue is so cheesy lol.

Edit: not a first class, second class, or a third class but low ranking seaman goes to afield mission. Right

Prologue

Adam Baldwin is aging well. The Dr on the other hand, she looks like she had some botox done or something :(

Great episode! nice chess match.

Jackpot

Banned
Goddamn I wanted to smash that dumbass on the boat so hard.

"Let's risk the plan, our lives and the fucking fate of humanity because I can't handle the concept of a woman not needing my protection. And now let's blame it all on her under the mask of "being cruel to be kind". That's how much I love her!"

Ricker

Goddamn I wanted to smash that dumbass on the boat so hard.

"Let's risk the plan, our lives and the fucking fate of humanity because I can't handle the concept of a woman not needing my protection. And now let's blame it all on her under the mask of "being cruel to be kind". That's how much I love her!"

Yeah,Danny boy being a douche lol ,that was strange...'' I love you,stay away from me''.

The meeting scene caught me by surprise a bit with the ''one less mouth to feed'' moment,that was nicely set up...good episode but my DVR cut off the last few seconds I guess,just when that scientist was dangling the white mouse by the tail and getting it dangeresouly close to his mouth...don't tell me he went ''V'' on it....lol. ;)

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah,Danny boy being a douche lol ,that was strange...'' I love you,stay away from me''.

The meeting scene caught me by surprise a bit with the ''one less mouth to feed'' moment,that was nicely set up...good episode but my DVR cut off the last few seconds I guess,just when that scientist was dangling the white mice by the tail and getting it dangeresouly close to his mouth...don't tell me he went ''V'' on it....lol. ;)

Nah, didn't see anything else with the mouse. Implied he ate it though.

Enosh

I don't get the motivation of the Russians
they want the vaccine to become gods ruling over everyone else? what? if you don't give the vaccine to anyone else there isn't much to rule over is there and if you give it to others well then they are on an equal level with you

and why shoot is own guy? "I'll show I'm serious by shooting my own people undermine the loyalty of everyone under my command" so they sit in the bay and let him starve, he starts killing off his own people? oh I'm sure the Americans are trembling in fear of someone else doing their job for them

why not just you know, do the smart thing, team up with the Americans, invent cure, give cure to US and Russia, restore US and Russia, help the rest of the world world doesn't end in apocalypse, everyone on the 2 ships becomes famous and rich and Russia and the US are loved by the whole world

but nooo, let's start a pissing contest with the americas for shit and giggles

Somnia

I don't get the motivation of the Russians
they want the vaccine to become gods ruling over everyone else? what? if you don't give the vaccine to anyone else there isn't much to rule over is there and if you give it to others well then they are on an equal level with you

and why shoot is own guy? "I'll show I'm serious by shooting my own people undermine the loyalty of everyone under my command" so they sit in the bay and let him starve, he starts killing off his own people? oh I'm sure the Americans are trembling in fear of someone else doing their job for them

why not just you know, do the smart thing, team up with the Americans, invent cure, give cure to US and Russia, restore US and Russia, help the rest of the world world doesn't end in apocalypse, everyone on the 2 ships becomes famous and rich and Russia and the US are loved by the whole world

but nooo, let's start a pissing contest with the americas for shit and giggles

Cause that'd be boring TV, duh

Pretty good episode with some solid ingenuity from the engineering guy.

Kind of annoying how this is almost a procedural with them handling one problem per episode rather than an overall serial narrative type thing but I'll take it. Good stuff.

Tamanon

Banned
This episode is so cheesy.

Preacher guy giving the captain a pep talk and then a sermon where wind moves a ship based on three parachutes enough to get a generator going, LOL.

Sober

Pretty good episode with some solid ingenuity from the engineering guy.

Kind of annoying how this is almost a procedural with them handling one problem per episode rather than an overall serial narrative type thing but I'll take it. Good stuff.
You use that word but I do not think you know what it means.

You use that word but I do not think you know what it means.

I always get procedural vs serialized mixed up so I go by what it says there

The last ship, going by that definition in the link, is certainly a procedural.

The second episode was the exploration of Guantanamo Bay. The third was the stand off with the Russians. This fourth episode was a water seeking thing. They could be watched in any order and still make sense (ignoring the pick up of the guard from Cuba).

Hence, procedural. No?

Out of order it would not (within the show's inherent sillyness) make sense. There was no water because the engines broke down. The engines broke down because of the damage they got getting out of Gitmo. The damage was not noticed until it was too late because the Chief Engineer was recovering from being shot while ashore in Gitmo.

Enosh

this is the most "america fuck yeah" show ever
I love it

Adam Baldwin has to love working on this

strafer

that dudebro in the cap will end up being some kind of mole or something, I just have that feeling, and he's hitting on that girl..nah man.

Vert boil

lastship6euscn.gif

Tamanon

Banned
This decision seems so dumb. Why not go to the ship, drop off the monkeys, get more guns and troops and come back and beat the shit out of comically bad guy?

Liberty4all

Banned
I marathoned ep 1 - 4 tonight. Great show, brings back memories of The Last Resort.

I enjoy stuff like this ... The cheese factor just makes it even better!

Saving episode 5 for tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom