• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

v1lla21

What the motherfuck do I do so I stop getting notifications from certain pages and friends? It's cool if they show on my news feed but I don't like it on my notifications.

I've unfollowed them already but I still get the notifications.

Don't get the app changes. Who cares about friendrequests? Why aren't either notifications + ''menu'' or notifications + messages only one swipe away from the main screen? The previous app had messages + ''menu'' only 1 swipe away from the main feed, now only 1 thing is 1 swipe away and it's friendrequests? Really? Someone thought that was the most important page people want to see and made it the only page 1 swipe away from the feed? Come on son, did you hire ex-Google employees or something? Shit.

Xun

Does anyone know if .odt files are blocked by Facebook?

I was trying to send a friend a file, and it kept popping up with "The file attached is a virus".

Any .odt file I sent over popped up with the same message, so I'm just curious.

Why doesn't Facebook's Android app let you share links or posts from the Newsfeed with friends in a private message, like you can do from the web version? This, and other seemingly arbitrary and unfriendly limitations of Facebook mobile, like not being able to share the links to other apps, have been aggravating me for a long time.

The reason can't be technical since it should be trivial to implement and it's a standard feature of most other apps (on Android at least). And I don't think it's oversight since its been the case for ages; I can't be the only one who complained about it or requested it.

The workaround of opening the link, then copying it from another app, then going back to Facebook, create message, and paste link involves many steps that should be automated. Or opening the link then sharing it from default app to desired app, example (Facebook -> Browser/Youtube -> Whatsapp) instead of (Facebook -> Whatsapp). And it can't be done at all if the content is hosted on Facebook.

Not sure if it's just like that on Android?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is anyone else's feed suddenly showing way, WAY more of their friends' likes all of a sudden? I've always seen some of them, but as of the last week or so, it's showing so many more. Just wondering if this is a widespread change, or if it's a tweak they made for people with less friends (like me) to make the feed more active.

I've been hiding every single like or comment from a specific friend from my feed, but FB still keeps showing me their random likes and comments on meme images etc. I feel like their algorithm is really terrible and if someones hides another persons likes or comments from their feed this much, you should not be showing any likes or comments in my feed anymore.

I dont mind seeing their statusupdates, but i have zero interest in random likes and comments on other shit. Any hidden option I'm not aware of?

NeoBob688

I am from the USA and vacationing in Europe. When I uploaded some photos just now from Europe, on the feed it says that it was uploaded 23 hrs ago instead of right now. How can I prevent that from happening?

xrnzaaas

Is the newsfeed broken or am I unlucky? I've liked a new page about a week ago and I get zero activity from it in my feed even though:
- I added likes to most of their recent posts
- I've set up Following - See first (by the way I'm not getting any notifications)

ExInferus

I haven't been on Facebook in many years; what exactly sends out notifications to your friends? I know changing your profile pic does. Joining events and groups too right? What about uploading photos to an album, do your friends get notified about that too?

Top Bottom