• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Bautista should be the next Terminator

pablito

Yeah he nailed his role in BR. It was brief, (vague thematic spoiler for BR)
but very important and like someone mentioned his words are the central theme of the film
. Didn't realize it was him until the credits, but that was one of my favorite parts of the film. Only seen him in BR and GOTG, but I'm enjoying his acting so far.

Best Terminator Wasn't even muscle bound:

giphy.webp

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
It's not a bad choice I could see him do it. Another choice would be Sylvia Hoeks (speaking of Blade Runner).

I love this guy, I think he has phenomenal natural talent and will only continue to improve.

Look forward to seeing how his career develops.

He's got great physicality, but his acting skills are developing to a level where he'd be wasted on a role where they just need someone with his physique who doesn't need to talk much.

If he wound up in a terminator movie, I'd like to see him in a role hearkening back to the original vision of Reese as a big strong guy whose physical strength is useless in his fight against an unstoppable force like a terminator.

MutFox

Banned
Watched 2049 last night.
Driving home with the GF after, we were talking about Bautista.
Small role, but was very memorable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BIg Dave is wonderful. Would give anything for him to have more opportunity.

Gosling as t1000?

I think it could be anybody. That's what's supposed to make Terminator's menacing - you have no goddamn idea who they could be.

Arnie worked for the first two as it was a vehicle for him, but narratively it would make more sense if the terminator was just some regular guy or gal.

Tacitus_

Nah. The man himself has said that he doesn't want to get typecasted as the muscle and wants to get more serious roles.

y2dvd

I don't even remember liking any of the promos he would cut back during his wrestling days but yeah his movie acting chops have been pretty solid so far. I'd be down for this.

Nah. The man himself has said that he doesn't want to get typecasted as the muscle and wants to get more serious roles.
BR was a good compromise. He was still the muscle, but he was intellectual as well. He's a very solid actor, so hopefully he continues to land roles in great movies.

Let him have some more personality at times when he needs it (like if he's trying to find John Connor by asking someone a question), I'd be down. Otherwise it would be a bit of a waste of his talents.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nah, I don't see it. Too hulky. Sure, Arnold had muscles, but he didn't look like a GeoW character. And no other terminator has had that physique either. Just doesn't make sense that they would IMO.

His Blade Runner short was practically an audition. The crowded neon-lit alleys even are akin to the Tech Noir club atmosphere, he's got the on-screen presence and intimidating gait, and he's even wearing a similar outfit with the coat

HluCa1S.gif

Tuorom

Neo Member
Amazing in Spectre, yet to see Bladerunner.

You've never seen a miracle

I don't know if he'd do Terminator. He wants to be a character actor and not be type cast, so I would rather see him branch out into more dramatic roles.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Bautista killed it with the few minutes he had in Blade Runner 2049.

With GotG he proved he can do comedy

With Spectre he proved he can do the emotionless hitman

With BR2049 he proved he can do emotional drama just as well.

Phenomenal guy, hope to see him in more stuff in the future.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Im also in awe of Bautista after BR2049.
He should get more dramatic roles... it would be sad if he gets stuck in a just nonsense action flicks just because of his physical size.

The man has presence, it should be utilized more than some terminator-related stuff..

Go Bautista!

for sure. I still don't think he could lead a movie to save his life, but he's been awesome in these smaller roles in the last few years (even in Spectre as a silent henchman he rocked)

he would shine in a Terminator role, similar to Schwarzenegger in T2 I think. the more sympathetic one.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
for sure. I still don't think he could lead a movie to save his life, but he's been awesome in these smaller roles in the last few years (even in Spectre as a silent henchman he rocked)

he would shine in a Terminator role, similar to Schwarzenegger in T2 I think. the more sympathetic one.

I think he would be great in a romantic-drama/comedy. He reminds me of Hugh Jackman in that sense.

Top Bottom