• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

caught up on JoJolion and man, I still don't know if I even *like* this part. Maybe it's the translation (I absolutely loathe the random scare quotes they use) but other than the first few chapters and the big reveal, I just haven't really enjoyed it.

PixelatedBookake

caught up on JoJolion and man, I still don't know if I even *like* this part. Maybe it's the translation (I absolutely loathe the random scare quotes they use) but other than the first few chapters and the big reveal, I just haven't really enjoyed it.

I'm a few chapters behind, but I agree with you wholeheartedly. It just feels so... directionless. I feel like we've gotten almost nowhere since the manga started. I know there has been reveals and whatnot, but its hard to care about these characters when they haven't really evolved past their most basic character traits. Part 7 did character development on a whole nother level compared to this.

cntr

Banned
I totally forgot Narancia did this
aerosmithdesummonedmtk1m.jpg
that'll look amazing animated

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah there, was surprised at the bubble thingy in her face, I guess there was a need to visualize the blood being boiled.

https://twitter.com/jojomovie_jp/status/838841626197839872

First footage of the part 4 movie. Unless I somehow missed some previous footage I guess, haven't been following too closely.

Few things to parse out here

> There's an aerial view of the town...but Josuke seems to be fighting in a city alley
> Stands will probably be CG...but I guess they'll be invisible at first
> Okuyasu fight confirmed with the sign shot
> Glove used to capture Angelo's stand in another
> Nijimura house set looks nice and gothic

Saw this on r/StardustCrusaders, and thought I'd share since it seemed like something people would be interested in. There was an artbook released for the Phantom Blood movie (the one by the studio that did the Stardust Crusaders OVA, and which was apparently so bad that Araki refused to let it be released), and one of the book's sellers took some pictures for its listing.

Here they are.

It's interesting to see how characters like Zeppeli and Erina would have looked in the OVA style. Also, some people on the subreddit ended up purchasing the book, so some full scans will probably be available soon.

Erigu

the Phantom Blood movie (the one by the studio that did the Stardust Crusaders OVA, and which was apparently so bad that Araki refused to let it be released)
[citation needed]
Personally, I'd bet on the Quran incident being the reason.

(also, those pictures actually look more like excerpts from magazines to me, but...?)

laaame

https://twitter.com/jojomovie_jp/status/838841626197839872

First footage of the part 4 movie. Unless I somehow missed some previous footage I guess, haven't been following too closely.

So I saw the trailer posted on a japanese youtube channel (maybe official?) and it had a crazy amount of dislikes. I usually don't pay attention to likes but the ratio was like 1k likes to 18k dislikes. The trailer looks fine to me, so is there any controversy surrounding the movie that I am not aware of?

The video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WaoTEAMTdI

[citation needed]
Personally, I'd bet on the Quran incident being the reason.

(also, those pictures actually look more like excerpts from magazines to me, but...?)

Well, first of all, it's sort of both. See for yourself: Here's the Ebay listing the pictures came from, again, taken from the thread in the r/StardustCrusaders JoJo subreddit.

Again, the film's poor reception and Araki hating it is what is assumed to be the reason behind it not being released on home video. It's never been said what the actual reason was, which was why I said that it was "apparently so bad" that it never was released outside theatres. Also, it wouldn't make sense for the film's home video release to be affected by the Quran incident. The film came out in February 2007. The Quran incident occurred in May 2008. They had over a year to release it on DVD before the controversy.

these jojo references are getting out of hand

it went from tongue-in-cheek "LUL IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE XD" to advanced shitposting to that god damn zelda screencap

how much shitposting can you do in the stopped time

I remember trying to find the video game back in the early '00s. Never did find it, and I can't remember if I knew about the manga back then. It's a shame it took me so long to check it out.

Thanks to some Let's Player recommending JoJo to a friend nearly a decade back, he went and showed the manga off to me and another friend. So I got to know of JoJo around the Duwang times myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom