• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So the latest episode of Doctor Who gave me JoJo vibes.
Likely has to do with
Missy
posing early on.
Also
C-Moon
:V

StayDead

I still can't believe that there's a portion of the fan base that thinks SDC is the best thing since sliced bread and dislike VA.

I personally think so far SDC has edged (out of 1-5) being my favourite, but only just. I love the Stardust Crusaders, I love each and every single character in it. After that it's a very close second to both Parts 2, 4 and 5. I love them all equally and in bottom has to be the first part.

I don't hate the first part, but I certainly think it's the worst. Jonathan is just awful.

I personally think so far SDC has edged (out of 1-5) being my favourite, but only just. I love the Stardust Crusaders, I love each and every single character in it. After that it's a very close second to both Parts 2, 4 and 5. I love them all equally and in bottom has to be the first part.

I don't hate the first part, but I certainly think it's the worst. Jonathan is just awful.
Maybe I'll have to read it in manga form, but so far It's DIU>VA>BT>PB=SDC (Please keep in mind that I enjoy PB a lot). I don't know where to put Stone Ocean yet since I'm only at the beginning of the second volume so far. Though I expect Stone Ocean, DIU and VA to be very close.

I would recommend reading Stardust Crusaders, there's something about its presentation that I think is captured just a bit better than the anime. It's just more...expressive.

Yeah, even as a manga reader it was sort of deflating seeing "Next Episode: Boring stand you don't care about, PART 1" and knowing they were going to stretch it out over two weeks.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
hmm wait

that new enemy stand that punctures people in Jojolion

why am I reminded of President's dimension explosion effect

cntr

Banned
I like pretty much all of SDC from the Justice fight on, but those early episodes especially...they're rough. Very good as a group watch, though. But they got way too many episodes for SDC.

I'd recommend the SDC manga for the art too. Especially Dio's World, that shit's some of the best shit Araki's ever made. The manga has amazing art and fight composition in general.

Euphony

Banned
hmm wait

that new enemy stand that punctures people in Jojolion

why am I reminded of President's dimension explosion effect

For some reason the new enemy stand reminded me of when Josuke popped a bunch of holes in that one guards face to make her thirsty at the beginning of Jojolion.

cntr

Banned
oh also

kuujou_jolyne_final_f3uu38.jpg

Matsukaze

I just read chapter 38 of Jojolion, W H E W. I'm really liking it now, I thought it was a bit slow before but it picked up the pace nicely. Is Jobin the main villain? He's really cool, but probably not since his stand showed up so soon.
Not 100% confirmed, but popular belief is that his mom is the main antagonist

caliph95

Noriuske's wife? Also what's up with the "Josuke's true stand is King Crimson".
I saw that theory on YouTube and it had to do with the fact that all the Higashikata stands have King in their name and that Joskue's bubbles could erase time (this actually crossed my mind when he was fighting Jobin, why not just erase time?)
Because he never displayed that ability the most he did was friction and sound i think the theory is just bsed on potential
Also keep in mind we don't know the full extent of Jobin or even more his Mom's ability

This has most likely been asked.

How would stand users do up against Pillar Men?

Over half way through part 3 at the moment. My head cannon wants it to be that stand users would have no chance against them, apart from Joseph (best JoJo).

caliph95

This has most likely been asked.

How would stand users do up against Pillar Men?

Over half way through part 3 at the moment. My head cannon wants it to be that stand users would have no chance against them, apart from Joseph (best JoJo).
Probably can't kill them unless you have a Stand that can obliterate the entire body doesn't mean they will win

cntr

Banned
Some (but not most) stands could defeat the Pillar Men, but Ultimate Kars? Maybe a handful of stands, and that's a maybe.

Some (but not most) stands could defeat the Pillar Men, but Ultimate Kars? Maybe a handful of stands, and that's a maybe.

To kill Ultimate Kars you would need a Cream, The Hand or maybe a Dirty Deeds Done 4 Cheap type stand that completely and utterly destroys the enemy's body no matter how hard it is. Or a Golden Experience Requiem to break their mind.

Keeping it just to Part 3, the only stands I would say could definitely beat the Pillar Men are Yellow Temperance, the Sun, and Cream.

Death 13 and the D'Arby stands could, but hinge on too many variables.

caliph95

Keeping it just to Part 3, the only stands I would say could definitely beat the Pillar Men are Yellow Temperance, the Sun, and Cream.

Death 13 and the D'Arby stands could, but hinge on too many variables.
I think only Whammu would entertain D'arby the rest would either ignore or eat him but even still

cntr

Banned
Do the Pillar Men even sleep?

I think the strategy with normal Pillar Men would be to trick them into going into sunlight, like e.g., Jotaro could stall for time if it's night, or try to punch the Pillar Men into sunlight or destroy the environment during the day. It'd be tough, but possible.

But that falls apart with Ultimate Kars.

caliph95

Do the Pillar Men even sleep?

I think the strategy with normal Pillar Men would be to trick them into going into sunlight, like e.g., Jotaro could stall for time if it's night, or try to punch the Pillar Men into sunlight or destroy the environment during the day. It'd be tough, but possible.

But that falls apart with Ultimate Kars.
Get Jotaro pissed and watch him punch him into space

Otherswise you need a stand that either erase or leaves nothing and that is dependant if you have the chance to do so and Kars would probably get a good idea how a stand works since he can't die easily

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Hand could beat the Pillar Men. As well as Vanilla Ice.

StayDead

The Hand belongs to an idiot though and Vanilla Ice can't see where he is going (but if he took them by surprise and completely destroy them he would easily win)

Tusk 4 pretty much destroys you

Okuyasu could beat the pillar men. I don't think he's that much of an idiot, just he never had a reason to use his power properly.

The Hand could beat the Pillar Men. As well as Vanilla Ice.

Vanilla Ice could beat the Pillar Men, but not Ultimate Kars. Ice isnt big enough to completely erase The PPillar Men at once, and Ultimate Kars could probably reform himself from whatever was left.

StayDead

Does this thread have a "What stand can beat Ultimate Kars?" discussion once a year? I swear I asked this last year.

I wasn't in this thread prior to last year so missed this, but it's a cool discussion. If Joseph can beat Ultimate Kars I think there's a lot of stands that could beat Kars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom