• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Marvel character is still missing from the MCU and how should they appear?

She-Hulk
537bc2bdb3c39.jpg
Gimme a court room drama movie. Have her origin be something you go over quickly (shot, blood transfusion from cousin Banner, She Hulk).

Moon Knight
Base it on the Jeff Lemire run. Again, quickly go over the origin in the intro or something.

Beta Ray Bill
Easiest way is to have him show up in Ragnarok as a champion of the Grandmaster's arena.

I don't want anymore characters I like to have a TV show. I want them in the big leagues.

Misha

Banned
eventually I want Kalmala Khan and Kate Bishop in but i understand why they haven't yet
She-Hulk really should join the ranks.

yeah. would even take a Netflix show so they could have some lawyer stuff and have her go up against Matt Murdock and you could have Trish Walker show up while Jessica is off doing Defenders stuff

Garlador

Blade02.jpg

Blade, it's time.

Can be a small seed placed by Doctor Strange with a comment about supernatural entities moving out of the shadows. I'd like to see him in the MCU but he doesn't really have a reason to play ball with most heroes. I guess a Netflix series would be alright.

I'll go a step further... The Midnight Sons entirely.

Marvel has evolved from movie genres such as sci-fi action, high fantasy, supernatural intrigue, heist movies, spy espionage, teen dramas, etc... but one of the last genres the MCU hasn't dived into fully yet is the HORROR genre, of which Marvel has a very long-running and successful line-up of monster characters.

A team-up appearance with Werewolf by Midnight, Ghost Rider, Blade, Morbius, Man-Thing, Brother Voodoo, etc. with appearances by Doc Strange would be riveting, and I actually do expect Marvel to dip their toe into that section of their catalog at some point.

Nova - was he the villain hinted at the end of GotG2, created by the gold people?
No, they were hinting at Adam Warlock straight-up.

I'd also would like to see the current Uncanny Avengers team. But that will probably never happen as like half the characters are with Fox.

mjc

Not totally related, but I'd assume that Nova is closer than we think because of his inclusion in MvCI. He's the only character on the roster who hasn't appeared in a movie yet.

tkscz

I know I'm alone in this but

RagingBeautyRedSheHulk6.jpg

While I want the entire Hulk family in, Red She Hulk is still my favorite and I find her more interesting than Jen.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Moon Knight

Base it on the Jeff Lemire run. Again, quickly.go over the origin in the intro or something.

I object to this! I think Moon Knight has one of the most unique and interesting origin stories out of all the Marvel characters. If they ever get around to doing a Moon Knight film, I'd be really interested to see the story of how Mark Spector eventually turned away from his life as a hired gun after his resurrection ultimately led him to embrace the Moon Knight identity. That way, they would also get to set the vast majority of the film in Egypt, utilizing the Egyptian landscapes and cultural makeup to provide a nice visual shake-up from the countless Marvel movies we've had in the past that have all been set within American cities.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hope we don't get any type of Hulk, that just makes THE Hulk seem way less special.

i dont read comics so i dont know most of the less mainstream characters but most posted here with summary sound good to me. Nova sounds interesting!

will people be okay with She-Hulk if like Hulk, she stay as human most of the time and only transform to She-Hulk for action scene? because unless they go with different actor with paint and make up like Lou Ferrigno, I assume making a full movie with cg main character is pretty expensive. especially if it's going to tv series route.

Elandyll

Banned
Man I wish they would get the rights of Rom Spaceknight back... But it would be a licensing nightmare. Same for the Micronauts.

Beside the Spaceknights and Rom, they created so much interesting stuff for the series, like the wraiths.

I hope at least one of the MCU movies can dab in the horror movie-like stories.

I guess Fox owns the Brood alongside the Xmen...

Other than Rom and Micronauts, I guess I'd really like to see Spider Woman (Jessica Drew), Dazzler and Moon Knight.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I hope we don't get any type of Hulk, that just makes THE Hulk seem way less special.

She-Hulk isn't really like the Hulk at all, though. Jennifer Walters and Bruce Banner are radically different people, and the same goes for their alter-egos, who they utilize in completely different ways. Just like in the comic books, I don't feel her existence makes Hulk feel any less special or significant whenever he happens to turn up to the party.

Now, when it comes to Spider-Man and the seventy five other Spider-people...

Mr. Sam

It's taken us, what, seventeen films to get a non-white lead? And even more to get a woman. That said, my favourite Marvel character since her introduction has been Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel:

It's a shame The Inhumans show looks so terrible, otherwise I wouldn't have minded her being included there, but her being an Inhuman is basically irrelevant to her character. It's a shame we wouldn't see any interactions with Lockjaw but if that's the price to pay for her being kept out of that mess, I'd happily pay it.

Otherwise, yeah, Namor, Beta Ray Bill, etc. I've no idea what people see in any version of Nova.

shaowebb

I want this guy to show up in Infinity War so bad...
L1DGFvK.jpg

Silver Surfer showing up and leading up to a tease of the next event for MCU being vs the threat of Galactus would be amazing.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I want this guy to show up in Infinity War so bad...
L1DGFvK.jpg

Silver Surfer showing up and leading up to a tease of the next event for MCU being vs the threat of Galactus would be amazing.

Part of me wishes Marvel managed to trade the Silver Surfer and Doctor Doom for the Inhumans, or something. That way, we all would have prospered.

DrArchon

Taskmaster seems like the perfect fit for a TV/Netflix level villain. Maybe he'll be in Defenders or something.

Gotta do something with the costume though. Skeletor mask + Cape ain't gonna cut it.

bengraven

Nova is a big one for me. Lots of Cosmic characters really.

But just this morning I was thinking about Jessica Drew.

latest

She might be caught up in the Spider-Man rights and, if so, like She-Hulk, it'd be complicated to get her on film or on air. But if, by the grace of god or Sony, available for MCU use, I can see three ways to use her.

1) A supporting character for Captain Marvel. Either in her new movie, in the 90s, as a friendly SHIELD agent (maybe Fury's sidekick?), or as a possible old friend in a modern sequel.

2) As a supporting character in Agents of SHIELD. Ship has probably sailed here, but her HYDRA background would be interesting to adapt here... was originally part of the coup but had a face-turn when the chips were down.

3) A Netflix series riffing on her most recent run. I think this would be my preference, even if "surly female PI" is already populated by Jessica Jones. I think the difference in tone - more lively and comedic, playing with her superspy background - would make up the difference though.

She's a cool character. Sucks that she's probably in a bit of a licencing limbo.

This this this.

I can see Sony claiming her but she has no connection to Spider-Man.

Garlador

will people be okay with She-Hulk if like Hulk, she stay as human most of the time and only transform to She-Hulk for action scene? because unless they go with different actor with paint and make up like Lou Ferrigno, I assume making a full movie with cg main character is pretty expensive. especially if it's going to tv series route.

I'd prefer they go her comic route, where she's She-Hulk 90% of the time. Unlike Banner, she PREFERS her She-Hulk form and it was even said she created a mental block to prevent herself from going back to normal.

Honestly, you just need to hire a woman with the right build and stage your scenes accordingly. Robert Downey Jr. is a pretty short guy at 5'8", for instance, but they stage it so that he's nearly equal to his taller co-stars who are upwards of 6'4".

While I don't know if she has the acting chops to pull it off, physically I always felt that Gina Carano could pull it off as both Jenn and She-Hulk.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Eh, I think most fans focus on this quote:

But who knows.
He probably gets annoyed with people asking about it all the time, but he's clearly being facetious there imo, considering that his biggest hangup was that he "doesn't like the helmet" lol. I don't think it's enough for people to keep saying that he hasn't used Nova because he "hates him" (you didn't say that, but that's how most folks go about it). If cosmic Marvel keeps growing I'm sure he'll introduce the character with the same level of care he did all the others so far.

I object to this! I think Moon Knight has one of the most unique and interesting origin stories out of all the Marvel characters. If they ever get around to doing a Moon Knight film, I'd be really interested to see the story of how Mark Spector eventually turned away from his life as a hired gun after his resurrection ultimately led him to embrace the Moon Knight identity. That way, they would also get to set the vast majority of the film in Egypt, utilizing the Egyptian landscapes and cultural makeup to provide a nice visual shake-up from the countless Marvel movies we've had in the past that have all been set within American cities.
I get the want for that, I really do, but I'm a little origin story'd out. Would much rather just jump straight into the chaos.

Plus, something crazy like Lemire's run does go pretty heavy on the Egyptian stuff, even though it isn't actually set there.
21177197._SX540_.png

Garlador

Taskmaster seems like the perfect fit for a TV/Netflix level villain. Maybe he'll be in Defenders or something.

Gotta do something with the costume though. Skeletor mask + Cape ain't gonna cut it.

They have a more grounded version already that's perfect for adaptation.
Store_Taskmaster_Udon.png

I get the want for that, I really do, but I'm a little origin story'd out. Would much rather just jump straight into the chaos.

Plus, something crazy like Lemire's run does go pretty heavy on the Egyptian stuff, even though it isn't actually set there.
Middle ground. Start right in the middle of his career and through visions and hallucinations go back through his origin as he moves on towards a more pressing threat. The recent comic is excellent at being current while catching readers up to speed.

ryseing

Moon Knight.

Have him show up on the Defenders and be just unstable enough that nobody fully trusts him. Hint at the mystical elements of his character but don't go too deep into them.

I'd rather he have his own series set in LA separate from everyone else. There's quite a bit of storytelling potential there. Do a procedural focusing on the lives of the rich and famous.

I'd prefer they go her comic route, where she's She-Hulk 90% of the time. Unlike Banner, she PREFERS her She-Hulk form and it was even said she created a mental block to prevent herself from going back to normal.

Honestly, you just need to hire a woman with the right build and stage your scenes accordingly. Robert Downey Jr. is a pretty short guy at 5'8", for instance, but they stage it so that he's nearly equal to his taller co-stars who are upwards of 6'4".

While I don't know if she has the acting chops to pull it off, physically I always felt that Gina Carano could pull it off as both Jenn and She-Hulk.

Be a bit weird to have her in Deadpool and either of those.

54-46!

I'd love to see BRB and Nova, but cosmic Marvel is a bit limited without the FF and X-Men properties.. still, I wasn't a fan of the GotG movies so we might be better off without them.

DrArchon

They have a more grounded version already that's perfect for adaptation.
Store_Taskmaster_Udon.png

I know about the Udon costume (my personal choice when I used him in UMvC3), and that'd work way better than classic Taskmaster, but for whatever reason I've seen a lot of people hate on it. Don't know why. Seems like a fine update to a really goofy character design.

If/When he shows up he'll probably just be a dude without a costume though. I don't know why but I don't have my hopes up for old Tasky.

Glass Rebel

So many characters: Vance Astro, Moondragon, Phyla-Vell, Jack Flag, High Evolutionary, Monica Rambeau, Shang Chi, Kamala Khan, BETA RAY BILL...

but mostly fucking Namor because he's an asshole.

NandoGip

Now that I think about it, since Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will be the introduction to Adam Warlock (OMG SO FUCKING EXCITED), it's inevitable that Phyla-Vell and Quasar will be introduced at some point.

My guess is that they will be part of the Nova movie.

Quasar

Wendell Vaughn AKA Quasar. Wields the Quantum Bands that are permanently affixed to his wrists. Using the bands he's able to tap into the Quantum zone, an endless source of power. Using this power he can manipulate energy and light (shoot beams, teleport, etc)

He's on Silver Surfer/Adam Warlock levels of power

Phyla-Vell

An official member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Briefly she is at one point a Captain Marvel (There are many). Eventually she inherits the Quantum Bands for a period of time. She's also a lesbian so that'd be cool to represent on screen. Her story is kind of all over the place, but she's pretty cool.

Moondragon

Can't do Phyla-Vell without Moondragon. A telepath and fighter, she earned her powers rather than being given them. She is romantically linked with Moondragon. She also joins the Guardians of the Galaxy.

higemaru

So many characters: Vance Astro, Moondragon, Phyla-Vell, Jack Flag, High Evolutionary, Monica Rambeau, Shang Chi, Kamala Khan, BETA RAY BILL...

but mostly fucking Namor because he's an asshole.
Yeah, who owns Namor now? Is it Marvel or is still like, Universal? I remember he was owned by some non-Fox/Sony/Disney studio.

I want Shuma-Gorath and some other Dr. Strange villains. I feel like eldritch villains are something the universe has toyed with but never really dug into.
I know Dormammu is in Dr. Strange but we can use more of them

Garlador

Be a bit weird to have her in Deadpool and either of those.
I don't see the issue. MCU pilfers from Fox's stuff all the time. Both Chris Evans and Michael B. Jordan were both Human Torches under Fox, while Josh Brolin is both Thanos and Cable (in Deadpool 2).

Moondragon

Can't do Phyla-Vell without Moondragon. A telepath and fighter, she earned her powers rather than being given them. She is romantically linked with Moondragon. She also joins the Guardians of the Galaxy.
More importantly, Moondragon is Drax's DAUGHTER, and I can see a load of character development for him if he discovers he still has a living family member.

Yeah, who owns Namor now? Is it Marvel or is still like, Universal? I remember he was owned by some non-Fox/Sony/Disney studio.

I want Shuma-Gorath and some other Dr. Strange villains. I feel like eldritch villains are something the universe has toyed with but never really dug into.
I know Dormammu is in Dr. Strange but we can use more of them
I want a proper BLACKHEART. He was always one of my favorite villains, but the Nic Cage movie version was a disaster of a Green Day/Hot Topic mash-ups.

And then I see what Marvel did with Lash on Agents of SHIELD and I feel they could pull it off.

Top Bottom