• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II (PS3/360/PC) - Edge Magazine details (Prepare yourself)

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/18/report-dark-souls-ii-will-have-paid-dlc-item-storage/

As someone completely defensive of Dark Souls 2's direction, now I'M worried. Please be fake, but it certainly sounds like scamco. If only Atlus was more capable and could have formed a more permenant relationship after Demon's Souls. I guess their lack of European presence made it impossible.
Paid dlc item storage. Wtf is this shit? Sad if true.
Now it make sense why Miyazaki is in a supervisor role.

Also one thing it could take from King's Field, is making enemies move around an area. It's still a bit odd enemies simply wait until you are close enough and finished with everything else out of their range. This sort of makes many future runs exactly like previous ones.

definitely needs more
mind-flayer-large.jpg

Hobby

Some info from an interview with From Software's Hidetaka Miyazaki. Not sure if this is new or not.

- Acting as a supervisor for Dark Souls 2. Setting the general course for development, will fix said course if development goes offtrack.
- Doesn't want to lock up Dark Souls within his own narrow framework. Believes Dark Souls has a lot of potential and wants to leave things to the discretion of Shibuya (the director for DS2) as much as possible.
- VGA trailer wasn't in-game.
- Shares worldview with Dark Souls, but the story won't directly link to Dark Souls? Set in a different time period, as well.
- If Dark Souls is the north pole, then Dark Souls 2 is the south pole.
- Keyword is: time.
- Game engine has been changed, aiming for photo-realism. Will improve movement (guessing controls?), as well.
- Investigating having players directly get involved with one another (not sure what this is implying).

http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-23856.html

zkylon

zkylewd
Some info from an interview with From Software's Hidetaka Miyazaki. Not sure if this is new or not.

- Acting as a supervisor for Dark Souls 2. Setting the general course for development, will fix said course if development goes offtrack.
- Doesn't want to lock up Dark Souls within his own narrow framework. Believes Dark Souls has a lot of potential and wants to leave things to the discretion of Shibuya (the director for DS2) as much as possible.
- VGA trailer wasn't in-game.
- Shares worldview with Dark Souls, but the story won't directly link to Dark Souls? Set in a different time period, as well.
- If Dark Souls is the north pole, then Dark Souls 2 is the south pole.
- Keyword is: time.
- Game engine has been changed, aiming for photo-realism. Will improve movement (guessing controls?), as well.
- Investigating having players directly get involved with one another (not sure what this is implying).

http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-23856.html
Get on it, Miyazaki, we believe in you!

Yes, I was frightened of those enemies every time I went near them, no matter how many times I repeated those parts. There aren't really any enemies like that in Dark Souls.

This level was terrifying, I thought that it would be impossible to pass. When I did I was so relieved.

Demons had many places like this...almost every level felt like this gargantuan task.

ijed

This is exactly what I thought (considering twice the staff they used on DaS have been working on it since last september and it's only 25% complete). Moving away from PhyreEngine to something beefier that can handle particles would be a great idea - also now they can do a WiiU version
lol

Orayn

Guys, all we're left with are meaty, interesting rumors and a promise that Miyazaki will keep the game on course. I wanna pout about the lack of things to pout about.

New engine and improved movement probably mean overhauled collision detection and player physics, which excites me greatly.

Guys, all we're left with are meaty, interesting rumors and a promise that Miyazaki will keep the game on course. I wanna pout about the lack of things to pout about.

New engine and improved movement probably mean overhauled collision detection and player physics and this excites me greatly.

I think the new director's comments are plenty to be worried about. I'm not saying it's time to freak out just yet but I don't think there's much to be excited over.

Sullichin

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/18/report-dark-souls-ii-will-have-paid-dlc-item-storage/

As someone completely defensive of Dark Souls 2's direction, now I'M worried. Please be fake, but it certainly sounds like scamco. If only Atlus was more capable and could have formed a more permenant relationship after Demon's Souls. I guess their lack of European presence made it impossible.

I refuse to believe this, and why would this even be announced at this point? There's not even a positive way to spin it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Anteater

I thought I would be scared of the enemies in dark souls before I play it, but it was the opposite, the thing is that they don't move at all until you engage them, and they're always at the same sections. If the game has wandering enemies, it would make it a bit more thrilling.

Wanny

Randomly meeting players in your world not in phantom form ?!?! :O

Let's say coop moments in the game and do that part with another player, suddenly meeting each other. Maybe they probably meant some kind of
player-boss like Tower of latria
tho.

Could be some sort of asynchronous boss fight or event with players in the same area at the same time.

I would totally like more online-only events in my singleplayer playthrough.

Top Bottom