• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Backers are starting to receive the physical edition and oh boy...

BY2K

Membero Americo
That's the equivalent of buying a console on ebay but turns out the seller was only selling the box.

Capcom rite now:

source.gif

Sounds about right. MN9 was supposed to be the middle finger to capcom, but in the end, Inafune gave the middle finger to the fans.

Mighty No. 9 should be an assist trophy for smash and replace the puppy's ability of blocking the screen with all the names of the kickstarter backers.

Edzi

I backed this for $5 and never bought the game, but the hilarity of the ongoing shit storm makes me feel like I got my money's worth anyway.

Slime

Banned
The manual not fitting is flipping ridiculous...but did anyone expect anything different re: the box itself? That's exactly what they described and exactly what I was expecting.

nynt9

Has the person who paid $10k to get a dinner with inafune gotten their reward? Last I heard the answer was still no

It's impressive how aggressively Mighty No 9 was crafted to upset the people who supported it. It's like they focus tested exactly how much they could piss people off before they got shanked in an alley.

kunonabi

Looks like my decision to ignore the emails for receiving my reward paid off. Not even worth the trip to the mailbox at this point.

TP

I'm not really understanding the reactions in this thread. Probably because I haven't been following this whole kickstarter thing

but

The tier does just say box. Not physical game
and it does seem like a good idea to keep the box flat so it isn't damaged in shipping
the manual doesn't fit that is amusing

soooo

reaction.gif?

Were backers expecting a premium plastic box with a physical copy of the game or something?

Stygr

Banned
Bloodstained and Shenmue 3 aren't using the same people as Inafking did right?

Not the same people, but Bloodstained has some problems too, delayed many times and it's not looking good in that E3 Demo. Shenmue III will be at Gamescom maybe we'll get some news

Sounds about right. MN9 was supposed to be the middle finger to capcom, but in the end, Inafune gave the middle finger to the fans.

Yep remember all the "fuck you Capcom if you won't make the game I want I'll give all my money to Savior Inafune". Honestly it was that hostility that kept me from backing it on Kickstarter and I'm glad I didn't at this point.

LiK

Inafune and everyone involved with the Kickstarter during actual game development should be ashamed.

Vamphuntr

It's probably better to ship the box flat and not assembled to prevent it from being crushed. Manual not fitting inside is funny though. Kickstarter reward tier stated it was a box and manual only and no game too. I guess you could laugh that this is what they got for 60$.

DragonQuarter

Neo Member
I'm not really understanding the reactions in this thread. Probably because I haven't been following this whole kickstarter thing

but

and it does seem like a good idea to keep the box flat so it isn't damaged in shipping

soooo

reaction.gif?

Were backers expecting a premium plastic box with a physical copy of the game or something?

People just like to dogpile on the internet. The manual not fitting and the delay in getting this out to backers are worth complaining about.

Wereroku

Ummm why the sudden outrage? We knew the whole time it was just going to be an empty box. Also how did people want them to ship a display box? I would prefer to have it flat so that it wouldn't be damaged.

I understand being upset if you were disappointed by the game but this whole thread doesn't make any sense.

The real question is if the box matches the Famicom and NES box sizes which is what the project page said.

Wow, I can hardly believe it's been over a year since the game launched. I wonder if the game will ever get a postmortem or something.

BigPete

They made it pretty clear that you were going to get an empty box and a manual during the campaign. It was never represented as a 'Physical version' just a box. A few other kickstarter projects have done this too. It's just a cool thing you can put on your shelf.

Yes this was a train wreck, and yes the game sucks, but this is exactly what was advertised.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hmmm

Hyper Light Drifter did the same thing with the Physical box thing. For the same price.

Tho I bet the box was already assembled.

And the manual actually fit in the box.

And it didn't take a full fucking year before backers got it.

but

soooo

reaction.gif?

It was like the $60 dollar tier. $60 for a box I could replicate and produce myself for chump change. Lmao I just saw that the manual doesnt even fit. Jesus what a shit show.

chrono01

Ugh.

I'm not surprised at the physical box not containing the game, it never was supposed to. The making your own box thing...okay, I kind of get it. Don't want it to get smashed during shipping. The instruction manual being bigger than the physical box though? No, I can't accept that. Maybe if it was the NES-style instruction manual and the Famicom-styled box, but the image in the OP is the Famicom-styled box and the Famicom-styled instruction manual. They should be able to be stored together. What, are we supposed to attach it to the outside box via tape or something?

Utterly ridiculous.

tootie923

Has the person who paid $10k to get a dinner with inafune gotten their reward? Last I heard the answer was still no

That's going to be some really awkward dinner conversation there.

Backer: So... what took you so long?

Inafune: It's better than nothing. *shrug*

Yep remember all the "fuck you Capcom if you won't make the game I want I'll give all my money to Savior Inafune". Honestly it was that hostility that kept me from backing it on Kickstarter and I'm glad I didn't at this point.

I remember the comics, the fan art, the impassioned speeches about how inafune will continue the legacy of mega man through MN9.....and here we are. A year later and we're knee deep in Inafune branded shit.

ZeroD

I put way too much money into this project, really can't believe how this has all turned out. So disappointed. I'll never back anything by inafune again.

I wonder if that cartoon is still on the cards, seems like a terrible idea right now

Tohsaka

Got mine today, probably will just leave it in the mailing envelope or throw it away at some point. I was hoping it'd at least not be a super cheap-looking cardboard box (that the manual could actually fit inside) after a year.

The Shovel Knight Kickstarter was before it and most people wrote it off. How the times changed.

lupinko

Not the same people, but Bloodstained has some problems too, delayed many times and it's not looking that good in that E3 Demo. Shenmue III will be at Gamescom maybe we'll get some news

Nah, I'm a Bloodstained backer and I was pleased with last year's e3 demo. And this year's e3 demo is even better.

Neither IGA nor Yu Suzuki are Inafking so I'm not worried. Also IGA kicked Inticreates to the curb.

Top Bottom