• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Anyone know how this works? Does the final ending involve replaying the whole game again?

Nobody can answer that for you just yet. Yoko Taro's games often have multiple endings, so it's better to use the 25-30 'True End' and 55+ hour Completionist times as the actual completion times for the game.

For example, there's an ending you can get in NieR: Automata if you
die on the first mission. Complete with credits & everything, as far as I'm aware.

I don't know how I can keep this up. Just too many games and not enough time.

How do you do it gaf?

This game looks great, so probably day one. I hope it doesn't come out on the same day as ME, or I'm screwed.

Finalow

uh, UH. for some reason I was convinced this game wasn't coming out until next week in Japan. I didn't even know if anyone was making an import OT (or if there was any need to) and then I realized the OT was already up. *I'm not ready for this*

since it's releasing much sooner than I expected I'm definitely going to grab the japanese version, probably digital so I can start playing tomorrow.

I hope in six months or so you make the NieR: Automata Post Launch Awareness thread with this exact OP for the fourth time.
I'm sure the OP is frothing at the mouth with rage after reading your oh-so-clever shitpost.
you got him bro

chrono01

It's still surreal that a game such as this exists, but I'm glad that it does. I can only hope SE ships my Black Box Edition early enough that I receive it on release (or, ideally, even earlier). The temptation to purchase it digitally on the Japanese store is extremely tempting, but I think I can resist. ...Maybe.

Great OT, BTW!

So close to NA release. I am gonna patiently wait for the 7th since I grabbed the Black Box edition. No point in importing now.

Most hyped game of all time. Something I never thought we would get. Really fucking stoked.... I wish the 7th was sooner

Vic_Viper

Is there anyway to still pre order the Black Box edition!?

Are there special enimies to hunt in the open world aside from the Mai story? Similar to like the 4 special ships in Assassins Creed IV or the bosses in FFXV?

chrono01

You can try putting yourself on the waiting list on the Square-Enix website, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that. From what I can see, the BBE is pretty limited, so those who have a pre-order (like myself) are likely to keep it. :(

Exentryk

Are there special enimies to hunt in the open world aside from the Mai story? Similar to like the 4 special ships in Assassins Creed IV or the bosses in FFXV?

Yes, there will be superbosses.

Hypothetically... if I was to buy a 500 HKD PSN card on Play Asia and make a HK PSN account... would that cover the cost of NieR: Automata after all taxes/charges, etc?

Hypothetically, of course.

chrono01

the demo felt really empty and lifeless, anyone else think that?
You're probably not the only one, but definitely in the minority.

Personally, I was blown away by every aspect of it, and is what pushed me to upgrade my pre-order from the Standard/Day One Edition to the Black Box Edition.

LotusHD

Banned
the demo felt really empty and lifeless, anyone else think that?

No, not really. Demo put us in a constrained space with several shortcuts and hidden entrances. As for lifeless, I don't know what you mean by that, but considering the setting, I have no complaints.

Hypothetically... if I was to buy a 500 HKD PSN card on Play Asia and make a HK PSN account... would that cover the cost of NieR: Automata after all taxes/charges, etc?

Hypothetically, of course.
Yes. But please join me and grab the JP version , i need to feel less bad for spending money in such a mindless way.

asariN7

I was gonna get this baby tomorrow,then I saw is gonna cost me 85$ and i'm kinda broke.Why the fuck are these amazing games releasing so close to each other.
7592036.gif

Nya

So excited for tomorrow, I got the game from the Japanese Store and I can't wait to finally get lost in another Yoko Taro game.

I still can't believe this game actually exist q_q

Freeman76

No, not really. Demo put us in a constrained space with several shortcuts and hidden entrances. As for lifeless, I don't know what you mean by that, but considering the setting, I have no complaints.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and will probably buy it, just wondering how others found it. It kind of reminded me of some of the corridor levels in FF13 at times, not in the game play department of course, more in the general feel of it.

Nya

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and will probably buy it, just wondering how others found it. It kind of reminded me of some of the corridor levels in FF13 at times, not in the game play department of course, more in the general feel of it.

The demo was just a dungeon type thing as far as I am concerned, but yeah I wouldn't expect a world full of life, it is a post-apocalypse setting after all.

LotusHD

Banned

I haven't played FF13, but yea, the demo impressed far more than I thought it would. I knew the gameplay and what would be great, but before I know I'm in a mech beating a robot with his own arm.

what are the chances the hong kong version will have english text and voices?

It's in the OP - based on word from Square Enix, all versions will be the same and feature the same language support, with the default determined by your system settings, much like the demo.

Slaythe

Ok guys this is all confusing.

How much does the game cost in YEN (jp), and how much is it in HK ?

Both versions have english right ? Not just HK ?

Mmmh........

I really don't have the money (just preordered Horizon), but this fucking OP is too well made and those gifs are perfection. The two games really set a bar high. I also wanted the PC version originally but their shitty date screwing just pushed me off.

Well, I have a Hong Kong account now.

Now just to see the pre-order page... (Haven't taken the plunge & gotten a 500 HKD PSN card yet, though)

JayEH

Ok guys this is all confusing.

How much does the game cost in YEN (jp), and how much is it in HK ?

Both versions have english right ? Not just HK ?

Mmmh........

I really don't have the money (just preordered Horizon), but this fucking OP is too well made and those gifs are perfection. The two games really set a bar high. I also wanted the PC version originally but their shitty date screwing just pushed me off.

8424 Yen and 428 HKD. Both have english.

Nuke Soda

Somehow the quote about not expecting much has me expecting a lot lol. Got my copy pre-ordered at Gamestop. Confused the poor cashier a lot when I told him it was for a game called Nier: Automata.

Top Bottom