• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 BETA firmware 5.00 out today

Neith

Banned
If you say so. You think the most gamers loading up their console will see some advance video settings of their console and care? Nope.

How about PiP oovoo video chat.
A discord system integrated app.

Some stuff that can actually elevate the system. Idk maybe it's just me but y'all just seem nitpicky af.

I mean to be honest I really don't care, I just want my Pro to be the best it can be. I think the PS4 does everything I need it to at this point.

It's nice they are doing some cool things here, but honestly I won't notice much of anything. Supersampling on the other hand would make a few games stand out.

It would not be a huge deal to many I recognize that.

Toni

The most dissapointing thing besides no stand out features being introduced, for me personally, is that this is it.

There probably won't another major update for the rest of 2017.

It would have sufficed for me a better looking and interpersonal Activity Log then the clusterhell of a mess we have now.

-Horizon-

I'm guessing 4.0 was the real last big update. This doesn't sound like a full numbered update. Sounds like more of a 4.8 or something.

Zephyrous

Neo Member
I just finished installing beta. It crashes 100% of the time moment I attempt to login to my main user, my other 3 accounts seem to be fine. I have feeling it has something to do with my dynamic Nioh theme.

Error code: (CE-36329-3)

murgo

All these new features are completely useless for me. Here are my 3 EU codes:

GTJ2 K4N2 NQBB
RK2D TPN5 A3R4
2E6K 85NP LDAN

nowhoney

Imagine the hype if when they actually release the firmware, the announce name changes in the blog post.

Certainly going to happen. /s

+1 on snappy smooth menus. It might seem like a little thing but it improves the user experience so much. I hope that actually carries over to the non-beta release.

SenaxxNL

1 EU code. Quote to reveal.

Best thing so far for me seems the custom lists to put your friends in. Oh yeah and make the notification black again.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I don't understand why Sony has no desire to even try and make big leaps forward with their UI.

This is their 5.0 update? Really?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
1 EU code. Quote to reveal.

Best thing so far for me seems the custom lists to put your friends in. Oh yeah and make the notification black again.

I wish we knew a bit more of what they give to devs. Maybe for devs the SDK changes are bigger than the user facing features...

I don't see how many of the features people actually request are as boring as notification's color change or the clock in the quick menu
Those aren't sexy features but they are one of the ones you'll absolutely come in to contact the most. Small QOL stuff adds up over time.

People seem really hung up on '5.00'. I kind of am/was too but honestly just getting the UI in a state where it isn't hitching all the time is absolutely massive.

bennibop

Menu is way way snappier. Clock and leave party in quick app and black notifications have made me happy.

Not sure what some people expect, as the PS4 gets older the updates are going to get smaller.

Psykotik

Downloaded an update for a game and instead of saying "Installing..." it says
"Copying...(2%)"

It's going really slow

Is this new?

i can confirm its something new and its slow as fuck.

patch installs used to be near instant. its taking longer to install than it is to download.

Top Bottom