• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'll be sure to quote this post every time you post that you missed something. ;)

Or you could give us a headsup here when a deal/hard to find item becomes available... Like we've been doing for years.

Mathematics

Neo Member
What G-Sync monitors do Canadian GAF have?

Thinking about switching to team green and if I do I might go all the way. 1440/144 is my target

Dolobill

Thinking about switching to team green and if I do I might go all the way. 1440/144 is my target

I have the Dell S2716DG. It's 27", 144 hz, 1440p. The only downside is that it's a TN but I don't really care. The IPS alternatives with the same specs were around $1000 versus the $700 I spent on mine.

Is Nier going out of print or something? I don't see it on amazon, its at limited quantities on Best Buy and some of the EBGames around me have it out of stock.

Niska

Neo Member
Is Nier going out of print or something? I don't see it on amazon, its at limited quantities on Best Buy and some of the EBGames around me have it out of stock.
When I traded in some games at EB like a week and a half ago for Nier, that was the last copy there. So take that as you will.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Or you could give us a headsup here when a deal/hard to find item becomes available... Like we've been doing for years.
Unless you're in this thread 24/7 you're still going to miss stuff. The Metroid 2-pack was up for over 8 hours and you missed it.

Mathematics

Neo Member

Digital? I like my physical too but there's always digital now.

I have an Acer XB271HU and it is awesome.

I have the Dell S2716DG. It's 27", 144 hz, 1440p. The only downside is that it's a TN but I don't really care. The IPS alternatives with the same specs were around $1000 versus the $700 I spent on mine.

Thanks for the monitor suggestions! I'll keep an eye out for these two

F4r0_Atak

Just noticed something... It might be a coincidence but... a day or two after Amazon.ca changed their Prime discount, this game appeared out of nowhere, a mere 3 weeks before its release...

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B074WCJRHZ/

Do you think Sony was waiting for Amazon.ca to take action with their Prime discount to bestow us with their GOAT sequel? 😂

EDIT: I was still debating about whether I should get it at work with my employee discount (15% off) or on Amazon. I would save about 3$ with work. Usually, I try to keep most of my gaming purchases on Amazon instead of EB due to the problems I had to go through regarding preorders I've made in the past, but with the recent shenanigans Amazon has put us through I don't know. My overall experience with Amazon was more positive than some, but it's still a shame that the 20% dropped to 10%. Luckily, being the paranoid one, I have several games preordered (most of which I really wanted) prior to the Prime discount change (including E3 2017 orders). :(

So my OnePlus One is at the 3 year mark, I'm thinking of getting a new phone, do any of you have a OnePlus 5? Seems pretty powerful for the price, I can't believe how expensive the Galaxy S8 is lol

So my OnePlus One is at the 3 year mark, I'm thinking of getting a new phone, do any of you have a OnePlus 5? Seems pretty powerful for the price, I can't believe how expensive the Galaxy S8 is lol

I'm writing this post on one right now.

It's a great phone, no major complaints except that the metal casing makes it a little slippery. But every phone manufacturer in existence seems hellbent on the "make your phone hard to hold" school of cellphone design so this isn't really an OP5 issue alone. It's very fast and has plenty of RAM, and Oxygen seems totally fine as an OS, as someone coming from Nexus phones and vanilla Android (which I still think it's one of the best ways to use Android).

Ventara

Hmmm, I finished Nier Automata and traded it in. Do I want to pick it up again? It didn't really resonate with my like Nier Gestault, but I planned to pick it up again once it was under $20, maybe play the DLC down the line. I'm not sure about it at $35, but I don't want the game to become rare and go up in price.

I think I'll risk it and wait, the game did better than the original, so I feel there are more copies floating around out in the wild. plus, I'll be going on vacay soon; don't want it sitting in my mailbox for 2 weeks.

kevin1025

Banned
Just noticed something... It might be a coincidence but... a day or two after Amazon.ca changed their Prime discount, this game appeared out of nowhere, a mere 3 weeks before its release...

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B074WCJRHZ/

Do you think Sony was waiting for Amazon.ca to take action with their Prime discount to bestow us with their GOAT sequel? 😂

EDIT: I was still debating about whether I should get it at work with my employee discount (15% off) or on Amazon. I would save about 3$ with work. Usually, I try to keep most of my gaming purchases on Amazon instead of EB due to the problems I had to go through regarding preorders I've made in the past, but with the recent shenanigans Amazon has put us through I don't know. My overall experience with Amazon was more positive than some, but it's still a shame that the 20% dropped to 10%. Luckily, being the paranoid one, I have several games preordered (most of which I really wanted) prior to the Prime discount change (including E3 2017 orders). :(

Now that Prime is only 10% off, unless you have something like your employee discount or there's a 20% E3 discount, buying on PSN looks to be the best move from here on out. It will be cheaper that way.

Now that Prime is only 10% off, unless you have something like your employee discount or there's a 20% E3 discount, buying on PSN looks to be the best move from here on out. It will be cheaper that way.

I though it was only 10% off within 3 weeks of launch. It's just 10% off in general?

I have the Acer XB270HU. 1440/144hz, absolutely awesome monitor.

I paid out the ass for it though. Don't know what the price is now but I paid $950 for it a year and a half ago.

Ryne

I recently got the Dell 24" S2417DG. G-sync but TN panel. Overclockable to 165Hz. Bought it on sale about a month ago.

I hate collector editions.

I need the Yakuza 6 one though.

$72+tax Yakuza 6 normal edition

*cries*

The lesson is... don't give Amazon your money.
Unless you like the idea of paying over $80+ (once tax is included) for a game on launch day.
I've decided I can wait.

This is fine for most games but some games never drop in price before unceremoniously disappearing at some point (ex. Yakuza 0).

kevin1025

Banned

*cries*

This is fine for most games but some games never drop in price before unceremoniously disappearing at some point (ex. Yakuza 0).

Physical is my usual preferred method, but now that I can grab the digital version for $2 cheaper, I'm going digital for things I don't already have locked in.

Kyolux

*cries*

Yakuza games gets all my money. So I don't care in this case. I imported 5, I bought 0, kenzan and isshin in Tokyo.

Been a fan since I played Yakuza 2 when that came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom