• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

derFeef

http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/discussion/12298/pc-patch-notes-1-1

"What's up LawBreakers, welcome to Patch 1.1! This is our first patch post-launch and it's pretty light weight in terms of gameplay changes. While we continue gathering tons of feedback and evaluating the state of the game, we wanted to push out some balance tweaks that we've had in the pipe that were not quite ready for launch. We also wanted to prioritize getting out some crucial bug fixes and improvements as quickly as possible. Finally, we're balancing a few of our roles and implementing some changes to help reward skilled play for the Gunslinger. Our goal with these changes is to make sure that LawBreakers delivers on it's promise of deep gameplay and skill expression."

noomi

Man!

I really love this game! I've been playing a few rounds each night and doing very well. I feel like I finally have a good feel for all the roles. Love me some gunslinger!

I'm on PC and it's really sad to see such a low population, I really hope this holds up, because this is the type of game I want to enjoy for a long while.

Weston

I like the changes so far. I got in matches as Harrier, Gunslinger, and Wraith. They all still feel strong. The changes as subtle but noticeable.

Some other changes I'd like to see:

Assassin- Frenzy healing per hit reduced
This got buffed a little too much. In really close team fights she can tank a lot of damage and fight through it. Plus frenzy already has the initial aoe hit, the damage boost, the ability to see enemies through walls, and it resets on kills. So even with reduced healing it should be very useful

Medic- Reduce the amount of sheilding a drone provides
It's at 80 health right now. Medic is already a really good healer and this extra shielding just feels too strong to me. You can put it on someone they go into a fight with a significant advantage. If someone gets a drone in the middle of the fight you have to burn through that 80 quickly just to get to their health and stop the healing. I'd try it out around 50 health.

Medic-Increased rate of fire on Lobber's alt fire
The trade off for the Lobber's alt fire rarely seems worth it. You gain the ability to bounce it around corners, but you get a long delay before detonation. It's difficult to land a direct hit with a bounced shot or settle at a grenade on the ground and detonate before someone moves. It's usually more effective to just use your primary fire's splash damage from around a corner. If you increase the rate of fire only on the alt fire it becomes a better trade off. If you are firing into an objective and just trying to get some chip damage, then you might choose the alt fire because it fires faster but you have to get them to actually land near someone. If you really need to burn someone down in close quarters, then you might choose alt fire because it fires faster and still detonates on direct hit, but any of your shots that miss bounce away and you don't get the splash damage you would from primary fire. The small clip and somewhat long reload of the Lobber would allow you to give alt fire a decent bump without it being overpowered.

Titan- Neutron mines should be destructible
It feels like you should be able to destroy these. Sometimes I see them sitting in the middle of a doorway and I just have to set them off. Other times I trigger one when no ones looking and I end up using my mobility just so I don't get caught. Making them destructible would add some counter-play to them. They're small and easy to hide. I'd give them a bit of health though so they don't get destroyed too easily.

E92 M3

I like the changes so far. I got in matches as Harrier, Gunslinger, and Wraith. They all still feel strong. The changes as subtle but noticeable.

This got buffed a little too much. In really close team fights she can tank a lot of damage and fight through it. Plus frenzy already has the initial aoe hit, the damage boost, the ability to see enemies through walls, and it resets on kills. So even with reduced healing it should be very useful

It's at 80 health right now. Medic is already a really good healer and this extra shielding just feels too strong to me. You can put it on someone they go into a fight with a significant advantage. If someone gets a drone in the middle of the fight you have to burn through that 80 quickly just to get to their health and stop the healing. I'd try it out around 50 health.

The trade off for the Lobber's alt fire rarely seems worth it. You gain the ability to bounce it around corners, but you get a long delay before detonation. It's difficult to land a direct hit with a bounced shot or settle at a grenade on the ground and detonate before someone moves. It's usually more effective to just use your primary fire's splash damage from around a corner. If you increase the rate of fire only on the alt fire it becomes a better trade off. If you are firing into an objective and just trying to get some chip damage, then you might choose the alt fire because it fires faster but you have to get them to actually land near someone. If you really need to burn someone down in close quarters, then you might choose alt fire because it fires faster and still detonates on direct hit, but any of your shots that miss bounce away and you don't get the splash damage you would from primary fire. The small clip and somewhat long reload of the Lobber would allow you to give alt fire a decent bump without it being overpowered.

It feels like you should be able to destroy these. Sometimes I see them sitting in the middle of a doorway and I just have to set them off. Other times I trigger one when no ones looking and I end up using my mobility just so I don't get caught. Making them destructible would add some counter-play to them. They're small and easy to hide. I'd give them a bit of health though so they don't get destroyed too easily.

Thanks for your input, but that's too many nerfs. I don't like to see abilities made worse.

Dina

Gunslingers are so overpowered in the right hands. Just played a player who would kill me in 2 seconds flat. I know it's all aim, but with that low of a TTK, I couldn't do much with medic and harrier.

E92 M3

Gunslingers are so overpowered in the right hands. Just played a player who would kill me in 2 seconds flat. I know it's all aim, but with that low of a TTK, I couldn't do much with medic and harrier.

All classes should be op in the right hand. Best players should always win.

Weston

Thanks for your input, but that's too many nerfs. I don't like to see abilities made worse.

Being categorically opposed to nerfs doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If one skill is too strong what do you do? Buff everything else in the game or just leave it unbalanced?

I feel the changes made so far have made the game better and many of them were nerfs.

derFeef

Yah this game is good! Reminds of my good old Tribes, UT and Quake times all together. It's also not very frustrating if you do poorly (I am usually in the lower half), but I feel like I help my team protecting and healing.

SublimeO12

Neo Member

Titan's neutron mines actually can be destroyed - but you have to shoot them before they detonate. Once the gravity effect starts you can't destroy it anymore.

-MD-

Dunno if Gunslinger is Wraith's counter or what but nobody else gives me as much trouble as they do.

I can go full speed weaving in and out of cover and still get dropped in 2 seconds across the map by a gunslinger. Now their warp dash is getting a buff, yikes.

I Vanguard main and it's right that Gunslingers are super deadly in the right hands but I also respect the fact it's a 100% accuracy based class and the players that are dropping people left and right have practiced their aim to get that good. When you look at the speed and jerky movement of the targets they have to aim at like a Wraith slide knifing through the air it makes perfect sense that hitting precise shots on a target like that will reward good damage.

Gunslingers are pretty much my counter in big areas so I have to make sure I don't let them get distance on me and just run up close and shred them. Their 3 warps are good but they are still probably the slowest character in the game, it's hard for them to get away from someone in their face.

r8er34

how can i maintain distance if they are faster?
i tried running away as soon as someone attacks me and that doesn't help. i get killed immediately.

Be aware of where they are if you can and maintain distance. Don't run away. Fight fire with fire. They are squishy so if you get the jump on them you can take them down. Utilize the mobility that you have also. Who do you play as?

Be aware of where they are if you can and maintain distance. Don't run away. Fight fire with fire. They are squishy so if you get the jump on them you can take them down. Utilize the mobility that you have also. Who do you play as?
Harrier. Normally they (assasins and wraith) attack from behind. As soon as i notice or hear the sound effect i turn around and i try to get up in the air. But most of the time i dont make it all that far and they kill me before i can get anywhere.

renzolama

how can i maintain distance if they are faster?
i tried running away as soon as someone attacks me and that doesn't help. i get killed immediately.

A fundamental component of success in multiplayer games in general is being unpredictable. I catch myself constantly falling into habits like "fast dangerous guy is running at me, start backpedaling in a straight line and firing" which is exactly what fast dangerous guy expects/wants me to do. What if instead of jumping backwards, I start sprinting and jump forwards? If another player already has the initiative, the last thing you want to do is start following a pattern they've already seen a thousand times and know exactly how to finish.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not actually good at this game, I just like to jump around and confuse/frustrate people who are trying to kill me

Harrier. Normally they (assasins and wraith) attack from behind. As soon as i notice or hear the sound effect i turn around and i try to get up in the air. But most of the time i dont make it all that far and they kill me before i can get anywhere.

I feel like this is more an issue of map/positional/situational awareness. One huge key to success in any shooter is predicting where the enemy is and where they are moving towards. Once you learn the maps and the flow of game modes (as well as using your audio cues!!), you will have much fewer instances of enemies attacking from behind. It will still happen, just less often. Don't let yourself get into those situations, rather, be that guy that always seems to get in behind the enemy.

Edit: to expand on the use of audio cues:

1. Listen for gunfights, listen to the guns being used in those fights. Try to predict who is fighting who, and where they are fighting.
2. Listen for footsteps or boosts. Are they likely coming from teammates or enemies? Use that knowledge to your advantage.

Edit 2: I main Vanguard, and unless I'm defending a hardpoint, I usually see assassins as easy kills. Every class has a ton of movement tricks up their sleeve. Most people think Vanguard can't boost left/right, but with precise use of jumps, we can absolutely boost left/right and avoid those pesky assassins. Also the pulsar is my best friend when assassins/wraiths get up close.

Edit 3: As Harrier, your best option for CQC is your back boost. Does good damage and gets you out of there.

arimanius

I haven't had a single good game today. They have all have been lopsided. This is going to kill the game for me fast if it can't be resolved.

I haven't had a single good game today. They have all have been lopsided. This is going to kill the game for me fast if it can't be resolved.

Same, I've had nothing but bad games for the past few days and it's only getting worse.

Has there been any official word on whether or not team balancing is being addressed?

I think one of the issues with having a small community is a lot of the good players group up together on a discord or something and then 5 stack vs random teams. Then you have this snowball effect of the people leaving the game due to being destroyed by the really good players over and over and the only people left are the few top players.

r8er34

I think one of the issues with having a small community is a lot of the good players group up together on a discord or something and then 5 stack vs random teams. Then you have this snowball effect of the people leaving the game due to being destroyed by the really good players over and over and the only people left are the few top players.

No man. If you are a 5 stack typically you are playing other 5 stacks who are usually better.

Javes

It appears that due to either my MMR or shrinking player base I can literally only get into one lobby at the moment. I'll back out and it puts me right back in the same lobby.

It appears that due to either my MMR or shrinking player base I can literally only get into one lobby at the moment. I'll back out and it puts me right back in the same lobby.

i think that's just issue i had. just log out of the game for a minute and then try to join a match is what one of the dev told me on twitter.

Apologies if it's already been brought up, but have the devs said if they're working on further optimizing/tweaking the base ps4 version to hit a more consistent 60fps?

SublimeO12

Neo Member
Apologies if it's already been brought up, but have the devs said if they're working on further optimizing/tweaking the base ps4 version to hit a more consistent 60fps?

Yes, we're aware of performance issues on both ps4 kits and we're working on it. The game is already fairly optimized, which means that further optimizations tend to be more difficult and take longer to do.

I know we've got an improvement coming in a future patch for load times in the role select screen that should be nice for the base ps4 kit. Beyond that there's some memory related issues that can cause small hitches on the game thread in certain circumstances. I know both are being worked on right now.

Dubz

I keep getting an error trying to connect my Twitch Prime account on the PS4.

I also have the game on PC and connected my Twitch account no problem.

Can I not connect on PS4 because I already am connected on PC?

arimanius

So the class changes don't really seem to have affected the classes to much. Harrier, gun slinger, and wraith still seem able to dominate. But man oh man they have to fix matchmaking and backfilling. That will kill this game.

Top Bottom