• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

RomanceDawn

Thanks for the discord, but it's just chat rooms right?

I like posts to be seen and referenced for years to come. I'll stick around here and post so long as others are still around.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Thanks for the discord, but it's just chat rooms right?

I like posts to be seen and referenced for years to come. I'll stick around here and post so long as others are still around.

Yeah, Discord is definitely not a forum replacement. But people were using it as an invite-mechanism for ResetEra. And now that that's up, this thread has basically been recreated over there. Do join us!

jercruz

Full Summary

Source: Yonkouproductions @Orojackson

Title: Snack Time/Tea Time

Cover page is of Ideo and his alliance destroying both the ships that were fighting in the last chapter.

Luffy tries goes into Gear 4th

Katakuri defeats Luffy easily with his awakening.

Crushes Luffy with the walls (now mochi) from the Mirror World

Katakuri talks about his snack time being delayed

He makes a house/temple out of mochi to eat his snacks in

A really fat luffy breaks through the mochi wall that was on him by eating through it.

He finds katakuri with his CoO

Luffy breaks through the Mochi house to find katakuri eating. katakuri’s mouth is revealed. He has long fangs for teeth.

Katakuri is revealed to be a glutton for sweets and not “dignified” at all

Katakuri is mad that his appearance got discovered

The chefs who saw it get’s cut down by katakuri

[Luffy vs Katakuri round two…fight!]

Luffy manages to kick Katakuri, notes that he couldnt dodge it.

Luffy uses Kong Gun against Katakuri

End.

zbarron

Is it too late to ask for an invite? I haven't read the spoiler, but I'd like to discuss how Luffy has a chance of winning. He's getting his ass thoroughly kicked.

I would also like an invite, if you wouldn't mind... I know I have been mostly a lurker here, but this thread was always one of my favourites - even more so during breaks. >_> I miss seeing discussion about One Piece <_<

Aeon712

Full Summary

Source: Yonkouproductions @Orojackson

Title: Snack Time/Tea Time

Cover page is of Ideo and his alliance destroying both the ships that were fighting in the last chapter.

Luffy tries goes into Gear 4th

Katakuri defeats Luffy easily with his awakening.

Crushes Luffy with the walls (now mochi) from the Mirror World

Katakuri talks about his snack time being delayed

He makes a house/temple out of mochi to eat his snacks in

A really fat luffy breaks through the mochi wall that was on him by eating through it.

He finds katakuri with his CoO

Luffy breaks through the Mochi house to find katakuri eating. katakuri’s mouth is revealed. He has long fangs for teeth.

Katakuri is revealed to be a glutton for sweets and not “dignified” at all

Katakuri is mad that his appearance got discovered

The chefs who saw it get’s cut down by katakuri

[Luffy vs Katakuri round two…fight!]

Luffy manages to kick Katakuri, notes that he couldnt dodge it.

Luffy uses Kong Gun against Katakuri

End.

thanks for that, I don't want Katakuri to go down here

SIRF

I think Luffy will get beaten but it will be much closer now that Dogtooth was caught off guard.

Hopefully it teaches him a bit about awakening so we see it against Kaido.

Jigolo

General admission to resetera should come soon, OP gaf has moved there, come join us

oh noo too many sites to join. honestly not that invested in any forum. GAF is a good curator of game news for the day in one page. i'll stick to one piece reddit

se ya guys enjoy seeing luffy become pirate king

KageZero

While i like how serious Katakuri was and not letting him transform, in the end even after saying ("im not underestimating you") he still proceeded to do exactly that. That quote should have been left out, it kind of ruined the chapter for me.

KageZero

I think if he is distracted by his self-image, he can’t focus on “seeing into the future” and Luffy can hit him.

I dont think that is the case, i would say it has more to do with the fact that he cannot use both types of haki at the same time at a such proficient level. But then again i cannot be sure, but i doubt it has anything to do with his self image.

Aeon712

I figured Katakuri avoiding Luffy attacks had to do with observation haki especially since we seen Aokiji do the same thing to Whitebeard during Marineford. With Oven causing trouble outside I wonder if Sanji or Capone will be the one to stop him. Seems this arc is setting up Big Mom to lose a lot of her heavy hitters making it easy for someone else to invade her territory.

Jigolo

I figured Katakuri avoiding Luffy attacks had to do with observation haki especially since we seen Aokiji do the same thing to Whitebeard during Marineford. With Oven causing trouble outside I wonder if Sanji or Capone will be the one to stop him. Seems this arc is setting up Big Mom to lose a lot of her heavy hitters making it easy for someone else to invade her territory.
Of her top 4 looks like 2 will go down. Cracker already did and Oven probably will but I think Luffy’s gonna lose to dogtooth

Aeon712

I'm ok with Luffy escaping Katakuri, seems too early for him to go down. I'm loving how close Big Moms crew are and that they seem to care about the residents and aren't all tyrants.

Android Kuma

Neo Member
I liked this chapter a lot. Feels like Katakuri is a proper opponent compared to the normal Shonen ones.

It feels less like Luffy was trying to escape/run from the fight and more like trying to buy time till he gets his Haki back. I think he and Big Mom will both run into Sanji and at that point Katakuri is going to be out again. Probably sent there easily by Brulee. The cake should calm her down, but she'll be sane and probably more dangerous that way. Sucks though that there's a break.

Aeon712

I liked this chapter a lot. Feels like Katakuri is a proper opponent compared to the normal Shonen ones.

It feels less like Luffy was trying to escape/run from the fight and more like trying to buy time till he gets his Haki back. I think he and Big Mom will both run into Sanji and at that point Katakuri is going to be out again. Probably sent there easily by Brulee. The cake should calm her down, but she'll be sane and probably more dangerous that way. Sucks though that there's a break.

I completely forgot that there was a break this week. I rather Luffy just escape Katakuri without a proper win a la Majellon then see a third Sweet Commander go down.

Aeon712

Carrot would be a lock as a new Crew Member if Luffy would've seen her transformation first hand. It would've been Chopper all over again. She may be knocking Sanji further down the totem pole.

Aeon712

There has to be somebody else on Gaf that still reads One Piece... anyways I don't like the idea of Luffy gaining Katakuris ability this fast just by fighting him.

Last edited:

Majukun

There has to be somebody else on Gaf that still reads One Piece... anyways I don't like the idea of Luffy gaining Katakuris ability this fast just by fighting him.
well that has been luffy's ability since the old days..he learned soru by observing the cp9, for example

also he is basically remembering what rayleigh already taught him,applying it to battle.

Aeon712

well that has been luffy's ability since the old days..he learned soru by observing the cp9, for example

also he is basically remembering what rayleigh already taught him,applying it to battle.
Yesssss, someone else exists it's been lonely here lol.

Top Bottom