• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astro Boy pilot (classic)

RcUVe.png

I'm supposed to plug where again?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Apparently they all used to go to this really bland looking rock (hereafter referred to as the Wishing Rock) and wish that they’d all go on to be idols together.
This kind of geological scrutiny just seems unfair to the rock. It didn't ask to be there.

Noirulus

I always saw him as a meat bun in uniform...with eyes.

Even worse, the show purposely makes fun of him by making his MMO avatar a pig. Give the dude some self-respect, even if it's going to be 99% him self-loathing.

The problem here is that you are trying to take trashy animu like this seriously.

Well I dunno, it doesn't seem to have that terribad value that shows like School Days have.

wonzo

Banned
How much hard sci fi is iin it? Or does it go for ultra realism? I generally love any anime dealing with realistic space travel.
so far there's been pretty much nothing when it comes to the hard sci-fi kinda stuff. hopefully they'll start introducing it as the show progresses.

[Natsuiro Kiseki - 1]: Don’t waste your time on this
thanks for the warning

frotetsu's clearly the better choice

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I was going to post the ohyou.jpg but I do think that School Days is so bad that it's entertaining. I guess that's a form of "good".
No, I mean, it's a very competently made cartoon that fulfills a purpose and it does so in the most majestic way possible.

Jex

[Space Brothers 1]

This show isn't exactly what I was expecting, and I wasn't really expecting anything in particular because I hadn't really read up on it beforehand. Still, when I think of people trying to go space I picture something slightly, well, gritty.

Therefore I was rather surprised by the character designs, art style and the presentation of the story. I wasn't expecting the mix of humour and seriousness, or the
UFO
, but it all managed to come together in a solid package that set up the relevant character and their aims in life. I know who these people are, where they came from and where they want to go.

It remains to be seen if this show can escape all the terrible clichés of all the "follow your dream!" stories told in anime and film, but I really hope they can.

cajunator

Banned
If it ends up like traditional anime, people might be disappointed in where it goes.
Of course its way too early to know and just maybe the writers will try a fresh direction.

Noirulus

No, I mean, it's a very competently made cartoon that fulfills a purpose and it does so in the most majestic way possible.

I think we're simply using different words but voicing the same opinion. You can look at Makoto's antics and the obvious purpose of the show and say "This is terrible, but so entertaining" - which only happens when you take the show seriously, or you can go your way where you don't take anything at face value and just enjoy the "purpose" of the show.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I think we're simply using different words but voicing the same opinion. You can look at Makoto's antics and the obvious purpose of the show and say "This is terrible, but so entertaining" - which only happens when you take the show seriously, or you can go your way where you don't take anything at face value and just enjoy the "purpose" of the show.
Just because it tells a story of terrible things it doesn't mean it is a terrible cartoon.

Digging closer,it do seems Oreimo S2 to be legit,if that is true then YESSSS!!!!!!

edit:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1015501
Hell yes. All I need to do is erase my memories of the LN spoilers by banging my head repeatedly against a brick wall and everything will be oka--

The fourth season of Hidamari Sketch has been named and dated: Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb will be airing this October.
NO GOD

NO GOD PLEASE NO NO NO NOOO

Lain

Highschool DxD x-12

I don't remember which episode I last commented yesterday, but just finished watching this and I'm actually surprised at how entertaining this show was at the end of it.
Issei is a moron, but they still managed to make him appear cool even in spite of some bullshit he pulled off (like that Dress Break move) and the last episode underlined that well enough.
Even some things like why would Rias be interested in him don't matter much. Yeah, it's usual for these kind of shows to have women fall in love for the idiot and pervert protagonist, but usually there is a far fetched explanation behind that. Like, it's understandable why Asia would be interested in Issei given the way they met, what happened between them etc (naturally it's less understandable why she'd still be interested in him when finding out how big of a pervert he is, but it's anime and so it's OK).
With Rias I don't get such a silly but acceptable explanation though. But that is of little importance when all is said and done.
I'm going to hope for a second season to have a follow up, otherwise it's time to start reading the manga.

duckroll

Can't wait for the new E7AO trailer and the new Blood-C The Last Dark trailer to show up. Both were shown at ACE today. E7AO's official site will update by tomorrow. Not sure about Saya, but I'm sure she's protecting the trailer for us.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Can't wait for the new E7AO trailer and the new Blood-C The Last Dark trailer to show up. Both were shown at ACE today. E7AO's official site will update by tomorrow. Not sure about Saya, but I'm sure she's protecting the trailer for us.

I sure hope all that government funding is going to good use!

Okay the Ozma OP being actual English is weirding me out. I'm used to the Japanese butchering every European language.

Yes and no.

I never even noticed that. Though I end up kind of just skipping since its kind of a dull OP visually.

Crunchyroll sure are taking their time with Omega :(

Hunter x Hunter 25

Wow, looks like next weeks episode's gonna be yet another recap, and just before the Heaven's Arena arc starts too. Gee, you've done a great fucking job adapting this series haven't you Deadhouse!!!i

I have fear its gonna be a super delayed simulcast and be like they did with Brave 10 days late.

But do we need a recap of HxH ever 13 or so episodes :( still need to see this episode though. Hoping for new OP and ED soon.

Jex

I can only assume you're telling the truth, even though today is the dreaded day. I look forward to the Blood-C trailer.

jman2050

Lots of hubbub around oreimo s2. That's easily one of the least surprising announcements of late.

I for one can't wait. Not cause I expect it to be good or anything. I'm expecting the same dull Kirino-infested takes-itself-slightly-too-seriously non-humor of the first season, but I do have an interest in following its airing for my amusement to to other ancillary reasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom