• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

Axass

Is jones actually there for the podcast? No cup of jones, they mentioned he recorded some reviews from a hotel?

Totally forgot that. Where is Jones?

It's curious that the same thing happened when Infinity was cancelled, he was on vacation and recorded a reaction video from wherever he was.

Ben, I'll be honest, you see some perceived slight, then it seems like you get super angry or take it the wrong way.

Then the original post explains that it was something innocuous, and then you apologize.

I'm not trying to be mean, but it's something I think of when I think about your posts on here.

That's a bit of an overstatement. It's happened a few times but when I think of Ben's posts in this thread, I don't think of those, I think of great posts like the one he made last week addressing the Senran Kagura "controversy."

Roughly 35-40, most of that was actually spent mucking about in the beginning of the game before I could even dominate captains. Same amount of time I usually spend in any given open world game.

So significantly less than what some were saying but it still sounds like a hell of a grind. Enough for some people to give up, which is the exact thing developers use to lure people to the lootboxes.

WarRock

Then I'm just an idiot. Sorry.
I was indeed quoting Brad :D

Don't worry man, the community was all over you guys this week and I can understand being quick to jump to conclusions. Stellar work on the latest Frame Trap, by the way, both on the Hottake and game discussions.
I still need to play Danganronpa 2 ))))=

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Do you remember buying the ending of Asura's Wrath separately, Ben. :E

Kneefoil

Beastly is perhaps the easiest shoo-in for Dumb Pantheon of Immortal Excellence. What a pleasantly dumb surprise that game was.

I just stumbled on this video while going through youtube an re-watched it for the first time in a good while. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrcZGuUN1D8 I had totally forgotten just how good the Battle of the Bands bit-arc was back in 2013. And it actually has a shockingly well-done payoff for a video about the launch of video game consoles.

Man, I can't wait to see Box Peek.

VanWinkle

Ben, I'll be honest, you see some perceived slight, then it seems like you get super angry or take it the wrong way.

Then the original post explains that it was something innocuous, and then you apologize.

I'm not trying to be mean, but it's something I think of when I think about your posts on here.

It's probably an aftereffect of the communities outside of our own oftentimes being too insulting or cold-hearted. If you're used to hearing that, it's easy to perceive something that is innocuous as just another jab.

Fun tournament but the result largely came down to the RNG picks plus a few mistakes as they didn't really need much knowledge when they could constantly reference the type sheet Kyle printed out.

Still, Kyle going 0-2 and smug Ben were hilarious.

So I was thinking the Wii game Boom Blox would make for a fun group stream game. I’m not sure how well known it is for people to play it. But it’s got a Jenna style mode, battle modes, up to 4 players

BBboy20

Even a Twitch mod mentioned about EZA, unfortunately and most likely, needs to be meaner to get those ratings and financial boosts.

But who ever out there in the world actually has a wanting of the 9 Allies to remove love and respect from their philosophy ... the hell with that noise.

dickroach

I know Ben checks this every now and again and i'd just like to say I look forward to Frame Trap so much every couple of weeks.
I also just want to say I appreciate the thought you do put into everything you say, even on something like the suggestions at the end of EZAnime.
I went to go see the live-action Tokyo Ghoul movie last night. i got the gyst of it, and i liked the vibe of it from what you explained it..... it was not a good movie lol

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
I knew about the studio closure but they canceled her project too?
Man, you have to read the statement. It's soul crushing. They're basically saying that they focus-tested the game to hell and that linear single-player games are dead. They're going to shift the focus now to a different genre to reach a broader audience and handed it over to EA Vancouver, who already helped out.

Maiar_m

Man, you have to read the statement. It's soul crushing. They're basically saying that they focus-tested the game to hell and that linear single-player games are dead. They're going to shift the focus now to a different genre to reach a broader audience and handed it over to EA Vancouver, who already helped out.

Yeah that's a devastating statement. Plus you can practically hear focus-test players shouting that they meant something "more like Witcher 3" but got understood "oh more like multiplayer games then".

Edit: Witcher 3 which has been an enormous cash-machine at that. Any company that believes single-player focused games to be dead has a very biased view on that industry.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Anyone else a member of the Easy Allies Fan Group on Facebook? I'm always very surprised by how much my views on various anti-consumer moves by publishers differs from a number of members on there (currently got a number of people defending Gold Editions of games as a way to give more money to the developers you like).

_Ryo_

Ben, great discussion on lootboxes in gaming on this weeks Frame Trap. Personally I disagree with Kyle re:voting with your wallet. If enough people do not buy the game the publisher will take notice. So I think it should be a combination of voting with your wallet and speaking out about nasty practices. I personally am not going to buy games with any such things. I keep imaging what it'd feel like if in Persona 5 to get to the true ending I'd have to grind and grind and grind and grind and then be given the choice to obtain a really powerful persona in exchange for ALL of my ingame money or some real life money and it just disgusts me. Anyway, yeah, great talk, imo.

Now... looking forward to todays Tabletop.

Huber's belief in Nappa finally rewarded!!

Ben- FrameTrap was very good. You seem like a person who really hates when other people are being taken advantage of which makes me happy. And aw man, Danganronpa V3 😍

Plus I've finally played Yakuza 0 recently so it's fun to actually understand what y'all are talking about when you're nerding out over Majima lol

Axass

Anyone else a member of the Easy Allies Fan Group on Facebook? I'm always very surprised by how much my views on various anti-consumer moves by publishers differs from a number of members on there (currently got a number of people defending Gold Editions of games as a way to give more money to the developers you like).

A fool and his/her money are soon parted.

BTW, no I don't really frequent FB.

Auctopus

Didn't see anyone mention it in the thread but for people who don't listen to Frame Trap, Kyle/Ben confirmed that Huber and Kyle will be doing a Evil Within 2 Full Playthrough Stream next week.

Top Bottom