• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade in stock at many Gamestops for $90. Was it reprinted? Who knows!

NIGHT-

I have both of these games sealed from release date. Tempted to buy a copy of each to play and leave mine sealed lol.

DPtheGod

Man, I am so glad I bought mine on launch. An independent gaming store offered me $60 for a mint copy of the game and also the art book... GO F YOURSELF! They offered me $50 for The Last Story with the art book and soundtrack.

Is the value difference between that edition and Xenoblade really that minimal?

Magnus

May buy it now but I don't have a Wii or Wii u. Heard so many good things about this.

Is the inevitable HD release coming?

Inevitable? You'll find people who won't even agree that the Super Mario Galaxies are inevitable for HD Releases, and those are far likelier.

Uh, I seem to have some problems ordering this online. Every time I try to add it, I just get sent to my cart, but it says it's empty. Anyone have this issue?

Edit: WTF! It just went to not available! DAMN YOU SOMEONE!!!!!

May buy it now but I don't have a Wii or Wii u. Heard so many good things about this.

Is the inevitable HD release coming?
We wish!

It was hard enough getting Nintendo to release it in the west in the first place, the chances of them actually putting out a re-release... Is there a percent less than 0?

I also did not get a CN code with mine :/

the Xenoblade I got did have one though.
Same here. Just got back from Gamestop to take advantage of the weekend sale and the CN code was totally valid. This whole thing has been really sneaky and conniving, but I'm just glad I finally have an American copy for less than $90
to go along with my European copy that I can't play on my Wii U

There was a lot of disgust directed at Gamestop when this news first came out, but I find it interesting how their actions have basically cratered the resale market, making the game much more affordable for folks who want to play it. I think even prices for new original copies have dropped by half over the last couple months.

Eusis

Release for X is confirmed worldwide. Currently scheduled for next year in Europe, NA and Japan.
I'd say some people are too pessimistic, but we did have Nintendo nearly skip Xenoblade and outright skip Last Story and Pandora's Tower, and at least those first two should've been shoe-ins for localization (the latter was iffy, it always came off more as one of those B-Grade Japanese games from the PS2 era that were easily forgotten even if they were a decent amount of fun.) Still, there's been more media aimed at NA than with Xenoblade, so I don't think we'll see a Monado-style move on us this time.

Regiruler

Gamestop is giving me grief.

I'm thinking that one of my aunts using my Pro card to give me points sent it into lockdown mode over anything containing my information, which is odd because every time I order from them in-store it works fine. I just want my bloody Xenoblade Chronicles.
(Note that I've never been formally notified about this situation at all which seems strange: usually they send some sort of note instead of taking away privileges without any sort of notice, right?)

Does anyone know if the in-store price for Xenoblade took a hit as well? The website said that the price stayed at $70 in-store but I've seen pictures that provide evidence to the contrary.

Lemstar

Does anyone know if the in-store price for Xenoblade took a hit as well? The website said that the price stayed at $70 in-store but I've seen pictures that provide evidence to the contrary.
Prices should ring up instore. After all, it's advertised on their Black Friday weekend flyer.

Alfredo

Just got my Gamestop Black Friday copy in the mail, complete with unused Club Nintendo code. Finally, I get to play this damn game... hopefully I actually like it, lol.

There was a lot of disgust directed at Gamestop when this news first came out, but I find it interesting how their actions have basically cratered the resale market, making the game much more affordable for folks who want to play it. I think even prices for new original copies have dropped by half over the last couple months.

I feel like it wouldn't have gotten this ridiculous if it wasn't Gamestop exclusive in the first place, but oh well, semi-happy ending.

Pitmonkey

My only Black Friday purchase finally showed up - can't wait to jump into this (thank you fully backward compatible Wii U).

GPBs1Qv.jpg

Top Bottom