• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of Mayhem |OT| Ain'ts Row

FUME5

Preordered on PC cause I need something new to tide me over for a week or two and Volition don't usually disappoint.

Bombless

Heard in the other thread (Agents of Maybe) people being a bit negative about it. Never heard about the game before and checked a while ago it's gameplay trailer. It looks pretty fun... I mean, it looks better than Saints Row to me. I'm interested.

The marketing campaign has been kinda meh but I think that's on Deep Silver. The reveal was poorly made as well (and I say this as a huge fan of the Saints Row franchise). My view of the game drastically changed once I looked up the character streams Volition did along with some youtube videos.

Also, a lot of people here want to see another Battleborn fail event.

killroy87

The marketing campaign has been kinda meh but I think that's on Deep Silver. The reveal was poorly made as well (and I say this as a huge fan of the Saints Row franchise). My view of the game drastically changed once I looked up the character streams Volition did along with some youtube videos.

Also, a lot of people here want to see another Battleborn fail event.

Games like this shed a fascinating light on peoples' genera desire to see things fail rather than hope they turn out for the best. It's actually super interesting, if a little sad.

Haven't heard the Waypoint discussion, but the opening is pretty slow. Opening mission followed by some pretty tutorial heavy missions. They don't take long, but it makes for a rocky impression, I guess.

Just did the mission to unlock the first new agent after the basic three, and it was actually really fun. Hardtack isn't much fun to use at all (his Mayhem attack kinda sucks, and his shotgun only hits at a pathetic range), so I'll probably swap him soon.

No issues on the PS4 Pro so far.

Taken as it's own thing, it seems fine. Just don't expect Saints Row, or the sort of things that come with it (oh man if this had a Saints Row soundtrack, that could have helped spice it up a bit),

Xbudz

I've tried moving Agents of Mayhem over to my external drive and rebooting my Xbox One S.

Still the same terrible stuttering mess.
Super disappointed.

Fair warning to those of you looking to buy this on Xbox. Performance is awful.

Been messing with this for the last hour or two.

It's...ok? The action is fun, my problem is just sort of the, uh, everything else. Writing just isn't hitting like the Saints Row games did.

Also feel like this might be the tiniest map in a Volition game yet? It certainly doesn't seem very big.

Again, though, only just got the option to explore the open world, so this could be way off.

Apparently the map isn't that big overall, but it's offset by the increase in indoor areas, something sorely missing from SR3 and 4

Karak

There is a rep from Volition on Steam forums. 10AM PDT is what he or she is claiming as well. I was kind of hoping I could play this tonight.

Interesting so we now have 3-4 different supposed embargos. Today has been shit for this stuff. Its just insane.

Redlogic

Well I got sucked in and pre-ordered this from Best Buy. With GCU plus a $10 gift card with purchase, I pulled the trigger. Hoping this is a sleeper hit, those always bring me the most joy.

Ploid 3.0

Tee hee hee, that is a nice title.

Looking forward to seeing how difficult, or engaging this game is. Loot has me very interested.

Are there any crazy PC pre-order deals I should know about?

SZips

Tee hee hee, that is a nice title.

Looking forward to seeing how difficult, or engaging this game is. Loot has me very interested.

Are there any crazy PC pre-order deals I should know about?

There are 16 different levels of difficulty you can select.

Nowise10

I preordered this game awhile back and I have zero clue what it is about, which I love doing and haven't done in awhile. Hoping its fun!

Drewfonse

There are 16 different levels of difficulty you can select.

I saw this in a video from the other thread. That's insane.

It's weird, I went to see what my price would be with Amazon Prime, this is the first game I can remember in the past few years that doesn't offer a Prime discount.

Estoc

I would probably have bought this if not for my limited time and that Monster Hunter XX is coming out soon.

I will await GAFimpressions to see if I will grab it when I have time for other games.

razzel

Aww, can anyone else confirm the X1 performance issues? That stinks, I was going to impulse purchase too so I could play tonight.

Will be streaming on my youtube channel: GameStreamMachine at 12AM Eastern, 9PM Pacific.

I will stream for about 2 hours and will also do a giveaway (One subscriber will get 60 dollar PSN or Xbox card so they can get the game on whatever console they want. Will try to do PC as well if that is what the subscriber wants). BTW, I just started my channel so there are not that many subscribers so the chances of someone here getting the giveaway is pretty high. I am not trying to pressure anyone that much. If you want to watch, tune in and subscribe and hopefully you will get the code for the game.

Sorry if I come off like I am begging for views but we all have to start somewhere and I created the channel for fun so even I am not taking it too seriously right now. I just figured that if I am going to play games for around 2-3 hours a day, I could at least upload the footage and see what happens.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Man these devs are so transparent about their dev process for the characters. Also showing off some really funny early dev stuff:
JtT3iCZ.gif

Does anyone know why opencritic.com block this game. You can't see it on either upcoming games and reviewed games page. And you can still see freaking Scalebound and Fable Legends on the upcoming games page...

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Man these devs are so transparent about their dev process for the characters. Also showing off some really funny early dev stuff:
JtT3iCZ.gif

Yeah, they've even streamed unreleased games and old-ass builds for their other games as well as released design docs and once even a straight PSP .iso for one of their unreleased games. DSVolition is good people.

so gamespot hasn't posted their review yet, but on gamefaqs there is a link to it that 404's here is the description under the link

Obnoxious attitude, poor mission design, and technical bugs make Agents of Mayhem chaotic and repetitive.

Sounds 6.5ish (not that it matters to me, I'm buying tomorrow regardless but thought some people might find it interesting)

flippeh

Totally didn't realize this was coming out until the weekend. Preloaded and ready to goooo.

At this point, I'm in for whatever Volition produces.

so gamespot hasn't posted their review yet, but on gamefaqs there is a link to it that 404's here is the description under the link

Obnoxious attitude, poor mission design, and technical bugs make Agents of Mayhem chaotic and repetitive.

Sounds 6.5ish (not that it matters to me, I'm buying tomorrow regardless but thought some people might find it interesting)

Gamespot hasn't been interesting for some time :O

Doukou

Looking to forward to reviews
The 12 main characters and Saint's Row dev is making me interested but can't commit to it.

Scoops312

Banned
I've played about an hour and so far it's pretty good. While the writing is similar to Saints Row, Agents really feels like it's own thing. It really does feel like a R-rated G.I. Joe cartoon with the Saturday morning cartoon style intro to PSAs during some of the load screen, and while it hasn't grabbed me quite yet the ending to the Raging Arrow mission showed me that a bit more could be under the surface.

The gameplay is okay but I feel that it will improve once I unlock more abilities and level up characters. Though as it is now, doing things like triple jumping and side dashing feels a bit sticky. Also, looking things like the graphics and lack of licensed music this definitely feels like a budget title. But it's by no means bad.

Man these devs are so transparent about their dev process for the characters.

Care to explain?

Top Bottom