• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Ugh, what happened to the womens team? They just lost to Australia for the first time in USWNT history. Does the USWNT still not get paid when they lose?

They just could not find the net, at all. Meanwhile Australia scored on kind of their only real chance all game. Shitty result, but not an awful game

zroid

Banned
Greg Vanney and Michael Bradley talk about Bob's new job:

Michael, who returned to the Reds’ training ground on Friday after winning the Gold Cup with his national team on Wednesday, said it was hard to watch how things were handled at Swansea and equally difficult to see his dad unable to do what he loves on a daily basis: be on the field coaching, trying to get the best out of players and teams.

“When somebody you’re that close with is ultimately treated in a way that is so wrong, that’s not easy to take,” he said. “There was never any doubt for me that ultimately he was going to find a good situation where the vision of the club and the vision of the people there matched his drive and ambition to coach and to lead and to build something different.”

It’s a sentiment shared by Toronto FC coach, Greg Vanney, who said Bob is a manager who understand the particulars of how to win and get results in North American’s biggest soccer league.

“Bob’s a true competitor and a workhorse and a guy who clearly knows . . . what he wants to get done with a team,” Vanney said. “I look forward to seeing how he builds that franchise.”

But don’t expect the elder Bradley to build that franchise around his son, Vanney said when asked if his captain had submitted a trade request.

“(Michael’s) got a pretty good situation here on a team that’s ready to win. I don’t think that’s in the cards.”

From everything the player had read and gathered from his dad, Toronto FC’s captain believes LAFC will operate at a high level from the get-go next season. Will he circle the date of the teams’ first matchup on the calendar, though? He is not yet sure.

“On one hand, yeah. On one hand, no,” Michael said. “If they could create a schedule next year where we could never play LAFC, I’d gladly take that, but I guess I’ll have to settle for being LAFC’s biggest fan for 33 games and not 34 games next year.”

RBH

Atlanta vs. Orlando starting on FOX now

DF1XAlbXkAYTjr-

Insane that Toronto has a 5 point cushion despite all those points thrown away from stupid ref decisions and silly mistakes. They could easily be even further up.

Top Bottom