• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heads Up Everyone !! Halo 3 Limited Edition Big Disc Problems !!

GodfatherX said:
preordered the CE, as long as the gamne is playable im fine for now

if this is as mass as it seems it will be ms will likely take action

if not ill return hoping to get a non scratched disc [if mine is damaged] after my Halo 3 playthrough

We don't know if this is a mass issue at all yet but the crappy plastic holder doesn't look too promising.

voltron

TheGreatDave said:
Tuesday on GAF should be very interesting. We could have heartache and joy all at the same time.

They have no say in the design of the packaging?

Id say that would be Microsofts duty. And the centre part they should have included is the spindle.

Foil said:
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll see a fixed version of the LE a few weeks later.

crap-fixed-theMSway.jpg

LOL !!! Just like they fixed the 360, bubblegum and tape !!! LOL !!

Darkpen

Banned
jvalioli said:
The Press Legendary editions are different.
D:

D:

FUCK

That video is so sweet though, ESPECIALLY that duffel bag. I mean, seriously, holy crap. The contents of that duffel bag are fucking sweet, including the bag itself.

Who wants a Halo 3 mock military duffel bag with their internet handle printed on it? I do.

tak

DoctorWho said:
We don't know if this is a mass issue at all yet but the crappy plastic holder doesn't look too promising.
I think it might be pretty widespread. The 1up unboxing video points to the fact that this is not an isolated thing with one shipment.

I'm surprised the disk looks that scratched, I did not think foam could do that to a disk.

tak said:
I think it might be pretty widespread. The 1up unboxing video points to the fact that this is not an isolated thing with one shipment.

I'm surprised the disk looks that scratched, I did not think foam could do that to a disk.

But Vag-Chin had no problems.

VAG-CHIN!

:D :D

Luckily, I'm picking mine up in the morning so if I see a lot of complains from midnighters I'll just change my preorder when I go in.

Draft

Cheap fucks. You're only going to make a trillion dollars the day it comes out, spend the extra penny to make a case that works.

Mooreberg

I don't even know what version I got pre-ordered at Microcenter. They sold me the $5 pre-order card when I bought my refurb unit, which gives you $10 off the game (or any game after 9/25) but gives no indication of which version. Hopefully discs getting scratched in the LE's isn't a widespread issue.

Hunter D

Draft said:
Cheap fucks. You're only going to make a trillion dollars the day it comes out, spend the extra penny to make a case that works.
The truth.

I serious want the sexy case, but if my disk is scratched I will be tight. MS stuff was high quality last gen, but now they aren't. Even the disk they use for games are cheaper.

MrDaravon

Both the Gamestops here are already have already completely reserved their LE's, there will be no returns there. Wow that's going to suck. You think after the Halo 2 CE issues (where Bungie claimed the discs never made contact BUT THEY FUCKING DID) they would've been a little more thorough this time. Glad I've got the cat helmet.

Zabka

tak said:

I'd imagine it's the spindle doing the damage.

Snaku

Banned
Well fuck.

I'm gonna go downgrade my pre-order to standard edition tomorrow. No fucking way am I paying extra for special packaging that doesn't even function properly.

Did they try cleaning them off when they checked them? I've gotten games/movies that have a foam insert tab that put scuff marks on the disk that looked like scratches but came right off when I cleaned it.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Can't wait for AgentIcebreezy to cite some industry number for acceptable Game Disk defect rates

(I'm joking AgentIce, you know I loves ya and your LIMITLESS personal wealth!)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
eep. i've actually got the le preordered online -- i'm cancelling that immediately. i guess i'll just walk into a store and pick up the regular edition on the 25th. good going microsoft.

Doodis

Argh! My Halo 2 limited edition was the same...all scratched up. It was okay for a couple months, then it became unplayable.

I knew I should have preordered the Cat Helmet. Dammit.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
IzumiK said:
Or buy the Gamestop/EBgames warranty, open it on the spot and ask for a new one. :lol

Highly doubtful. Gamestops will probably only get in copies already reserved.

Recoil

God, and everything was going so well, too.

MirageDwarf said:
All they had to do is that make center part that holds disc - don't know what it is called - same as standard disc case.

That's the part that pains me the most. I mean, we're talking literally zero cost difference, standard design, and they had to go and fuck that up. Holy crap that gets me steamed.

Doodis said:
Argh! My Halo 2 limited edition was the same...all scratched up. It was okay for a couple months, then it became unplayable.

I knew I should have preordered the Cat Helmet. Dammit.

alf.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't jump at the opportunity to own a cat helmet.

Diablos

A tip: I have the Prey LE, and its packaging is similar. What I did to ensure it did not get scratched up was use a paper disc sleeve, and threw it inside the case. That way the case still serves its purpose (I guess), and you don't have to worry about your disc getting scratched.

Now, if they are SHIPPING with the scratches, that's a disaster.

soco

the blue dragon packaging suffered the same issue, though perhaps not on teh same scale.

i opened mine brand new and disc 3 already had a nice big scratch on it. someone else on GAF had the same problem.

thankfully i opened it in the car outside the mall and checked just on a whim and took it back to the gamestop, who exchanged it for me.

if my Legendary edition has a f'n scratched game disk, heads will roll.

J-Rzez

WTF is this shit? Here I pre-paid this version because I thought this case rocked... It rocks alright... I'll be opening my shit on the spot... *Goes to anywho.com, types in Stinkles/Frankie from Bungie, checks address, readies flaming torch*...
Just playin', can't find my zippo
:p

fuck I ordered the LE as well =/

....then again, I ordered from Familyvideo and my copy of Blue Dragon arrived fine from USPS...

Top Bottom