• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2017

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Excited as this month should bring a healthy dose of indies.

Last month had some, but it also had a lot of "bigger" downloadables like NBA, Street Fighter, and Minecraft.

Think I'll probably end up picking up Gonner. Price is right for me compared to my interest.

OmegaFax

I was thinking eShop but fair enough. iirc Square Enix is also being Square Enix regarding DQH...or?

The legwork is done for localizing DQH2 since the PC and PS4 versions arrived in late April outside of Japan. The flat assumption is the size of the game is what's holding a release back. Less financial risk releasing a popular franchise on the largest card capacity available on the Nintendo Switch + the game likely needs a 64gb MicroSD because I'm not sure a 32gb formatted card is enough for the downloadable version.

Vanillalite

My kids want Minecraft on the Switch.

They already have it on PC, PS4, Kindle Fire Tablets, and Android though...

Fiendcode

Not Spelunker World, unless I missed something. Hopefully we get a confirmation at E3.
Nothing official but I'd be surprised of Toazi didn't bring it over. All the content's already localized via Spelunker HD (PS3) and World (PS4) even.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pokemon Silver & Gold hitting the 3DS VC on Sept. 22nd, will be compatible with Pokemon Bank.

Vanillalite

Sooooooo

Pocket Rumble....

Yeah...

Look I get there are still like 2 weeks they could fit this in, but yeah.

I'm not even mad they need the extra time. I mad they even put a date on this to begin with for March, then said sorry Spring, then said hey it's still spring as nothing in sight, and finally just went afk.

Why not just say sorry we got some kinks to work out to try and give you the best experience possible as a customer. We will try and let you know as soon as possible when we think we are at or near the finish line!

Is that really too much to ask?

GulAtiCa

Mine & Camjo-Z's game Drop It: Block Paradise! has been approved for Europe! Currently aiming for June 22nd release date for 9.99 Euros. North American version has been submitted as well, prob a July release.

I'm very excited! :)

Shiggy

DBjQPvzXYAAsFfW.jpg:large
DBjSE1xXcAExWjl.jpg

KiddTrip is coming to 3DS later this year.

Shizza

Mine & Camjo-Z's game Drop It: Block Paradise! has been approved for Europe! Currently aiming for June 22nd release date for 9.99 Euros. North American version has been submitted as well, prob a July release.

Congratulations to you both! I had a chance to play the beta last year, and enjoyed my time with it.

You are correct amigo, sending PM now.

And thank you again to Camjo-Z for Mutant Mudds. I started playing through it this week, and it's giving me those good nostalgia vibes. It's been a bit challenging at times, but quite fun.

Congrats, excited about this.

Thores

Sooooooo

Pocket Rumble....

Yeah...

Look I get there are still like 2 weeks they could fit this in, but yeah.

I'm not even mad they need the extra time. I mad they even put a date on this to begin with for March, then said sorry Spring, then said hey it's still spring as nothing in sight, and finally just went afk.

Why not just say sorry we got some kinks to work out to try and give you the best experience possible as a customer. We will try and let you know as soon as possible when we think we are at or near the finish line!

Is that really too much to ask?
Now imagine what backing the Kickstarter for the PC version has been like. Their original release window for the full game was December 2015.

unrealist

Tempted to get Has Been Heroes on Switch. It has really good reviews on Steam but seemingly bad reception in most review sites.

XaosWolf

Just saw that GoNNER has changed to a full on TBC.

Would've been great if there had been an announcement or something.

Nothing for me this week then. =/

Chairhome

Tempted to get Has Been Heroes on Switch. It has really good reviews on Steam but seemingly bad reception in most review sites.

Been eyeing it as well for a while.
Two friends and my brother have been playing it and they like it a lot. If you are into that style of gameplay, it apparently has a lot of replay value because you can unlock
more heroes
as you beat the game.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

Cars 3: Driven to Win – Start your engines and gear up for the ultimate racing experience in Cars 3: Driven to Win, inspired by Disney Pixar’s upcoming film Cars 3. Train and advance your abilities in six game modes and challenge your family and friends in the Battle Race to become the Ultimate Champion. Cars 3: Driven to Win will be available on June 13.
(Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode and are sold separately.)

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Alien Crush – Alien Crush is a pinball game that features realistic pinball action and superb “biomechanical” graphics. Complete with a function to nudge the machine, this TurboGrafx-16 game feels like you’re playing on a real pinball machine! Extra balls and bonus points are your keys to getting high scores.
- Neutopia II – Experience improved graphics and controls in this exciting TurboGrafx-16 sequel to the original action RPG. Once again you’ll need to rely on your magic compass and the information you’ve gathered to find entrances to labyrinths and defeat the bosses in them. Make your way through the field to search for and find hidden information and items, or move blocks and destroy walls to uncover secret rooms.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

June My Nintendo Rewards: Big Hits and Great Deals! – Celebrate summer with a season of great games! Redeem your My Nintendo points for a batch of new rewards, like official Prima Games eGuides and discounts on some iconic Nintendo franchises:

Nintendo Select titles:

15 percent off Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo (Nintendo 3DS)
15 percent off The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
20 percent off Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo 3DS)
20 percent off Tomodachi Life (Nintendo 3DS)
15 percent off Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

Prima Games eGuides:

Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3

Mario Games:

30 percent off Mario Party 10 (Wii U)
20 percent off Mario Kart 64 (Wii U)
Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 (Wii U)*
30 percent off Super Mario 64 (Wii U)
*The content cannot be played without the Mario Kart 8 game for the Wii U console.

Sports/Arcade Games

30 percent off Super Punch Out!! (Wii U/Nintendo 3DS)
30 percent off Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (Wii U/Nintendo 3DS)
30 percent off Punch-Out!! (Wii U)

To learn more about these and other great My Nintendo rewards, head over to https://my.nintendo.com/.

Fire Emblem Heroes – Tempest Trials – Running until June 21 at 11:59 p.m. PT, this special event introduces a series of maps you must fight your way through from beginning to end. Gather your strongest allies and challenge your way to the final map! If all of the allies on your team are defeated, you can immediately make a new team and try the map again. However, defeated allies cannot be used again until the final map is cleared, or until all your teams are defeated and you attempt a new trial. During this time, there will also be quests related to Tempest Trials. Also, to celebrate this new event, a new Xenologue Map has been added. Available on App Store and Google Play, this mobile application is free-to-start and offers some optional in-app purchases. For more information, visit https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/topics/index.html?id=detail-20170607.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

Disney Tsum Tsum Princesses Edition

Also new this week:

- ACA NEOGEO SHOCK TROOPERS 2nd Squad (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Anime Workshop (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Cars 3: Driven to Win (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Available June 13
- Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot HD + demo (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Two friends and my brother have been playing it and they like it a lot. If you are into that style of gameplay, it apparently has a lot of replay value because you can unlock
more heroes
as you beat the game.

I've put 30 hours into this game so far and have unlocked 30% of the unlocks so far. Definitely an enjoyable title and worth the $20.

How is the difficulty curve? I've read in a few places that it becomes severe at some point which seems to be one of the more negative aspects of the game.

TheMoon

more heroes
as you beat the game.

pff, buncha has-beens.

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (Switch)

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (WayForward) - €16.99/£15.99
Shantae embarks on her first full HD adventure! When a mysterious crime wave sweeps Sequin Land, it's up to Half-Genie Hero Shantae to save the day! Use Shantae's devastating Hair-Whip Attack to send monsters flying, or Belly Dance to transform into a more powerful creature form! Topple the masterminds behind each criminal caper and prepare for the ultimate showdown against Shantae's arch nemesis - the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots!

ACA NEOGEO SHOCK TROOPERS 2nd Squad (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
"SHOCK TROOPERS 2nd Squad" is a military action game released by SNK in 1998.

Four mercenaries have risen up to thwart the ambitions of a massive corporation. In addition to a main attack, weapon, and jump abilities, vehicles have also been added to the gameplay, which together with branching paths give the player freedom in choosing how they will take on stages.

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Farming Simulator 18 (Focus Home Interactive) - €29.99/£24.99
Become a modern farmer in Farming Simulator 18! Plant, harvest, and trade in crops, including for the first time sunflowers. Diversify your activity with animal husbandry and forestry. Develop and expand your very own farm... wherever you go!

I am an air traffic controller AIRPORT HERO HAWAII (Sonic Powered) - €14.99/£13.49
”Honolulu international Airport" has four runways as well as two floating ones, and it is a lively place where various types of aircrafts come and go such as international and domestic flights, flights within the island, cargo planes, water planes, and light aircrafts. The game is fun to play as an air traffic control simulation game, and it also gives the player the sense of the real Hawaii with its colourful, expressive sceneries.

Of Mice and Sand (CIRCLE Ent.) - €7.99/£7.89
In Of Mice And Sand, the mice drive a Desert Ship as their mobile fortress to travel around the planet. By ordering the mice crew living in the Desert ship, you can build facilities on the ship and make food for breeding the mice with various items. With the development of the ship, more mice will join in and they can accomplish more jobs. Don't let them starve and make them rich. Your final goal is to reach the other side of the desert and find the legendary land of gold to the east, El Dorado!

Mysterious Stars 3D: A Fairy Tale (Collavier) - €6.99/£6.29
In the middle ages in Europe, the God of the Stars wants to help a poor and lonely little girl with a dream. Assist him and connect the stars with lines to create the items she wishes. Collect all the items in the girl's bedroom to make her dream come true!

Pic-a-Pix Colour - Small Puzzles 6 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Mixed Puzzles 6 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Large Puzzles 6 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99

Special offers
Double Breakout (nuGAME, New 3DS only) - €4.90/£4.20 (Ends July 6, normally €7.00/£6.00)
Triple Breakout (nuGAME, New 3DS only) - €3.49/£3.49 (Ends July 6, normally €4.99/£4.99)
AeternoBlade (CORECELL) - €7.49/£6.75 (Ends June 29, normally €14.99/£13.50)
Alphadia (KEMCO) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends June 29, normally €9.99/8.99)
Kutar Concert Staff (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends June 22, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar Jump Rope (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends June 22, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar Magic Ball (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends June 22, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar Quiz (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends June 22, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Kutar Tube Rider (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.69/£0.69 (Ends June 22, normally €0.99/£0.99)
Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends June 15, normally €7.99/£7.19)
The Keep (Cinemax) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 6, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Tiny Games - Knights & Dragons (REACTOR) - €1.49/£1.24 (Ends June 22, normally €2.99/£2.49)
Word Logic by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19/£6.39 (Ends June 22, normally €8.99/£7.99)
Color Zen Kids (Cypronia) - €2.09/£2.09 (Ends July 8, normally €2.99/£2.99)
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey (Cypronia) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends July 8, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Bubble Pop World (Cypronia) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends July 8, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Rubik's Cube (Cypronia) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends July 8, normally €4.99/£4.49)
My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends July 8, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Color Zen (Cypronia) - €2.09/£2.09 (Ends July 8, normally €2.99/£2.99)
Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot (Coderchild) - €2.99/£2.69 if you own the Wii U version
Color Zen Kids (Cypronia) - €2.09/£2.09 (Ends July 8, normally €2.99/£2.99)
Color Zen (Cypronia) - €2.09/£2.09 (Ends July 8, normally €2.99/£2.99)

Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop
All the themes release on June 9.

Pic-a-Pix Colour Theme (Lightwood Consultancy) - €0.99/£0.99
A bright and colourful theme based on Pic-a-Pix Colour.

Hello Kitty Street Art style (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty drawn as graffiti

Hello Kitty is a mermaid (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty is a pretty mermaid

Mister Men Little Miss taking a bath (Mister Men) - €0.99/£0.89
Mister Men Little Miss having fun and relaxing

Mister Men Little Miss camping (Mister Men) - €0.99/£0.89
Mister Men Little Miss enjoy their camping holidays

Nunzy and smoke signals (Animundi) - €0.99/£0.89
Nunzy plays in the Native American village.

Stego and Ranu in the Far-West (Animundi) - €0.99/£0.89
Stego enjoys playing cowboy with Ranu.

Jurassic Cubs the rain dance (Animundi) - €1.49/£1.39
The Jurassic Cubs enjoy playing in the Native American village. Slide across the Touch Screen.

JC 3pack Number 6 (Animundi) - €2.49/£2.29
Three fantastic Jurassic Cubs' themes in the Far-West.

TEO PLAYA (Teo Jasmin) - €0.99/£0.89
Teo Playa is a sun and beach lover. Spend summer holidays with him.

JASMINE HMONG (Teo Jasmin) - €0.99/£0.89
JASMINE HMONG is the princess of flowers. She loves colours and tradition.

TEO STARDUST (Teo Jasmin) - €0.99/£0.89
Dance and have fun with Teo Stardust. Rock'n'Roll!

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot HD (CoderChild) - €4.99/£4.49 (€1.99/£1.79 if you own the Nintendo 3DS game)
Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot HD Demo (CoderChild) - Free
Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot HD is an action-packed platform game, where music plays a very important role. With only one button to jump, you must help Cubit to go from platform to platform, while you avoid obstacles and enemies through the different scenes of the game. Perhaps you think this makes this game not difficult, right? Well, you are right; this game is not difficult... this game is Hardcore! Choose the path you want to do in each game and reach each of the 3 endings available.

Block Zombies (Nostatic Software) - €5.49/£4.49
In a world gone wrong, one girl stands alone. Alone, but not unarmed! Strange crystalline structures have turned people into mindless, zombie-like creatures. Fight the Zombies! Stop the Infection! Save the Day! Explore a variety of environments while blowing zombies into blocky bits. Find new weapons and upgrade them, from pistol and shotgun to flamethrower and RPG. Make use of flares, grenades and mines.

SPHERE SLICE (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39
Unleash your inner Ninja Warrior in SPHERE SLICE. Drag your finger across the touch screen to destroy the colour spheres in two exciting game modes. Watch out for hazards and achieve a high score to share with your family and friends.

Blazing Lasers (KONAMI, TG-16 VC) - €5.99/£5.39
Players control the extraordinary firepower of their Gunhed Star Fighter to take on the Dark Squadron that has begun its invasion of Earth. Collect power-ups to increase your ship's battle strength to cut through enemies and defeat the bosses in all 9 areas. Of course, as part of the ”Soldier" series, the game contains a good balance of fast-paced speed with catchy drum-propelled background music. Couple that with the ”Field Thunder" that can be used to destroy enemies in one fell swoop for the ultimate sense of satisfaction! With its finely-tuned difficulty levels, Blazing Lazers is a shooting game that anyone can enjoy!

Pic-a-Pix Colour - Small Puzzles 6 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Mixed Puzzles 6 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Large Puzzles 6 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99

Special offers
Double Breakout (nuGAME) - €4.90/£4.20 (Ends July 6, normally €7.00/£6.00)
Double Breakout II (nuGAME) - €4.90/£4.20 (Ends July 6, normally €7.00/£6.00)
Triple Breakout (nuGAME) - €3.49/£3.49 (Ends July 6, normally €4.99/£4.99)
Family Tennis SP (Shin'en Multimedia) - €3.70/£2.99 (Ends June 29, normally €4.99/£3.99)
Grand Prix Rock 'N Racing (EnjoyUp Games) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 6, normally €7.99/£7.19)
Job the Leprechaun (Herrero) - €2.00/£1.80 (Ends July 6, normally €2.99/£2.69)
REPTILIAN REBELLION (Herrero) - €2.00/£2.00 (Ends July 6, normally €2.99/£2.99)
PING 1.5+ (Nami Tentou) - €1.34/£1.19 (Ends June 15, normally €4.49/£3.99)
PSIBO (Nami Tentou) - €1.34/£1.19 (Ends June 15, normally €4.49/£3.99)
Wicked Monsters Blast! HD PLUS (CORECELL) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends June 29, normally €7.99/£7.19)
Word Logic by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19/£6.39 (Ends June 22, normally €8.99/£7.99)
Ohayou! Beginner's Japanese (Finger Gun Games) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends June 29, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (E-line Media) - €2.99/£2.59 (Ends June 21, normally €14.99/£12.99)
Cube Life: Island Survival (Cypronia) - €6.99/£5.59 (Ends July 7, normally €9.99/£7.99)
Cube Life: Pixel Action Heroes (Cypronia) - €5.94/£5.34 (Ends July 7, normally €6.99/£6.29)
My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends July 8, normally €4.99/£4.49)
My Style Studio: Notebook (Cypronia) - €2.09/£1.88 (Ends July 8, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Cypronia) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends July 8, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Rubik's Cube (Cypronia) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends July 8, normally €4.99/£4.49)

wow, that's the first time i've seen oceanhorn, and i did a double take, because that is such a blatant ripoff. the main character looks exactly like link! it's like chibi botw link in wind waker.

Bazry

How much is Cars 3 is the US? Looks like its an Argos exclusive over here retail so might look into getting it early from the US store for my son

Robin64

Yo gimme some Shantae HD Rumble impressions. It says "feel the beat with over 150 HD rumble dances" or something, I can't remember exactly, but I wonder what it is.

Vanillalite

Indie releases have been a cluster fuck on the Switch.

Shit we think is coming just never shows up or get delayed at like the last possible minute.

Then other shit like Shantae just randomly shows up on the website as coming soon in like a couple of days with no fan fair.

I don't see how this is good for devs or Nintendo for that matter.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
wow, that's the first time i've seen oceanhorn, and i did a double take, because that is such a blatant ripoff. the main character looks exactly like link! it's like chibi botw link in wind waker.

Its a serviceable traditional Zelda-lite, originally a 3.5 year old iOS game.
They're working on a sequel that's even more Zelda-like.

OmegaFax

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero is up on the eShop. Right on the tick at 12PM EST. It looks like it's been available in Europe for a couple of hours.

For NA folk, again, change your region temporarily to Mexico for a $5 discount due to exchange rates. You should be able to use your US debit/credit card without being billed an exchange fee. It should work normally like a US purchase.

pdk27

How is the difficulty curve? I've read in a few places that it becomes severe at some point which seems to be one of the more negative aspects of the game.

Depends on the run to be honest. Because of the random nature of the game there are some runs where you just don't get the spells or items needed. Other runs you'll end up stocking up on a bunch really useful items or spells and blow right through a bunch of stages. It's probably hardest at the very beginning as you try and wrap your head around everything. Spending a little bit of time watching somebody play on youtube or something just to get a sense of the little nuances would probably help with that.

zroid

Banned
Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero is up on the eShop. Right on the tick at 12PM EST. It looks like it's been available in Europe for a couple of hours.

For NA folk, again, change your region temporarily to Mexico for a $5 discount due to exchange rates. You should be able to use your US debit/credit card without being billed an exchange fee. It should work normally like a US purchase.

changing regions makes your eShop balance disappear right? I'd do this but I think I have like $8 in my wallet

donny2112

Looking forward to what Nintendo will do with VC on Switch. Wonder if that'll be a part of their E3 discussion. Probably not this close to launch and without a need to stir up interest, though. Maybe in the Fall.

steveovig

Looking forward to what Nintendo will do with VC on Switch. Wonder if that'll be a part of their E3 discussion. Probably not this close to launch and without a need to stir up interest, though. Maybe in the Fall.

Lordy, I honestly am slightly holding my breath that next week we'll get some type of start-up for the service. I might end up disappointed but we'll see.

Top Bottom