• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

The crew was pretty much dead or at least seemed that way before I switched to my own a few months after transferring to PC, so it's possible.

Wolfe

There's like 4 cars to release though, just seemed odd as I couldn't recall an update where they didn't start releasing the cars after the first tuesday.

Oh well no biggie anyway, I'm just looking forward to that cheetah lol.

There's like 4 cars to release though, just seemed odd as I couldn't recall an update where they didn't start releasing the cars after the first tuesday.

Oh well no biggie anyway, I'm just looking forward to that cheetah lol.
Yeah there are six vehicles at least (see quoted post below), and it looks like we might get the Custom Insurgent Pick-up and Custom Technical (featured in the bunker supply/sell missions) via the MOC vehicle bay at some point (like Benny's but for Pegasus vehicles). That would bring it up to 8 vehicles.

With the Lowriders DLC they didn't release the dripfeed vehicles on the first Tuesday after, so this is only the second time they've done that. The delay might be related to the downforce bug that got introduced with Gunrunning, since the first vehicle they're releasing (the Vagner) makes use of downforce. Rockstar might be waiting to find and fix that bug first.

We know there are 4th of July themed liveries coming for the MOC trailer and MK II weapons, and the current in-game reward events end on the 29th, so make of that what you will.

We know what the drip feed vehicles are:

Supercars:
Ocelot XA21 (Jaguar C-X75) - $2,375,000
Vagner (Aston Martin Valkyrie) - $1,535,000

Sports Classics:
Torero (Lamborghini Countach) - $998,000
Ardent (Lotus Esprit) - $1,150,000
Cheetah2 (Ferrari Testarossa) - $865,000

Nightshark (T-98 Kombat) - $1,245,000

Both the Ardent and Nightshark are Warstock vehicles, which makes me wonder if that Lotus Esprit might have a James Bond trick up its sleeve.

I only have 10 million and regardless of falling behind I'm just going to hold off until shit gets put on sale though I have a feeling Rockstar will do it with the vehicles before they do it with the bunker and MOC.

I only have 10 million and regardless of falling behind I'm just going to hold off until shit gets put on sale though I have a feeling Rockstar will do it with the vehicles before they do it with the bunker and MOC.
Of the new vehicles, I think the APC and Oppressor are must buys.

The APC is completely impervious to bullets from the rear (meaning you're invincible when being chased by NPCs), if you come to a halt you can switch to the tank cannon (with unlimited rounds), and it's high clearance means it can get into areas that other vehicles can't. On top of that, you can research proximity mines for it (great when being chased) with unlimited ammo as well.

The Oppressor is the most fun vehicle in the game IMHO: it's like the Ruiner 2000 and Rocket Voltic had a love child, and if you're in an MC you can spawn it next to you instantly with no cooldown. The rocket research upgrade even turns it into an amazing fighting vehicle. It's worth getting solely for the fun factor though. I might put up some footage from my friends and I mucking around with it, it's awesome :)

Whether they're worth the investment (bunker + MOC) is up to you. Don't forget you can get a free test drive of the new vehicles in the MOC missions too.

The Oppressor just makes me hate special vehicles even more. That class shouldn't exist, at all, everything should be a PV.

Seeing the Ruiner and the Voltic stuck there is sad.

BTW, for anyone who is curious, I believe that these are the vehicles which can tow the AA trailer:

• Bison
  • Sadler (it spawns with one of these)
  • Bobcat XL
  • APC
  • Halftrack
  • Nightshark (not released yet)
  • Custom Technical (not released yet)
Bear in mind that the AA Trailer already counts as your personal vehicle, so you'll need a friend to provide the new towing vehicle (or vice versa).

Of the new vehicles, I think the APC and Oppressor are must buys.

The APC is completely impervious to bullets from the rear (meaning you're invincible when being chased by NPCs), if you come to a halt you can switch to the tank cannon (with unlimited rounds), and it's high clearance means it can get into areas that other vehicles can't. On top of that, you can research proximity mines for it (great when being chased) with unlimited ammo as well.

The Oppressor is the most fun vehicle in the game IMHO: it's like the Ruiner 2000 and Rocket Voltic had a love child, and if you're in an MC you can spawn it next to you instantly with no cooldown. The rocket research upgrade even turns it into an amazing fighting vehicle. It's worth getting solely for the fun factor though. I might put up some footage from my friends and I mucking around with it, it's awesome :)

Whether they're worth the investment (bunker + MOC) is up to you. Don't forget you can get a free test drive of the new vehicles in the MOC missions too.

Yeah those are probably the only two I'd buy, if I was still into grinding for money I probably have a lot more money now but I've barely played GTA Online over the last three or four months.

The Oppressor just makes me hate special vehicles even more. That class shouldn't exist, at all, everything should be a PV.

Seeing the Ruiner and the Voltic stuck there is sad.
Or all new military vehicles should have been new special vehicles stored in the bunker, like in another underground level.

Or all new military vehicles should have been new special vehicles stored in the bunker, like in another underground level.
Yeah, to me that makes the most sense. It looks weird having my APC, Halftrack, and Weaponized Tampa sitting in my Eclipse Apartments garage. It would make sense to base those vehicles in the bunker - much more than basing the special vehicles in the vehicle warehouse even.

I'm quite OK with special vehicles only living in the vehicle warehouse, and the weaponized vehicles living in the bunker. Just give us an easy way to request them, and an easy way to send them back. The cooldowns and limitations should be the same as for any other vehicle.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Broughy has a vid retesting the cars with downforce, since downforce got nerfed in the Gunrunning update. And yeah, those cars got savaged. RE-7B went from 1st to 11th, the way more expensive Itali GTB Custom is now even slower than the regular Itali GTB than it was before, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As1y5ScnHtw

Well, I guess it's time to let my RE-7B go. I only used it for racing anyway and I haven't done any of that in a while, so she won't really be missed.

Well, I guess it's time to let my RE-7B go. I only used it for racing anyway and I haven't done any of that in a while, so she won't really be missed.
lol WTF?!
The weird thing is that one of the first drip feed cars (Vagner/Aston Martin Valkyrie) actually makes very heavy use of downforce. Maybe R* will just boost that setting on the car to high heaven to make up for it.

Of course the cynic in me says maybe R* deliberately knocked the RE-7B down because that was the performance limit they weren't prepared to exceed in the game, and they wanted people to have to buy a new supercar to compete in races. Now they can add a new car at the old RE-7B's performance level and people will just have to buy it.

Speaking of new cars, the current events end today (29th), so we might get a drip feed car or two in about 12 hours time. At the very least we should get Fourth of July stuff (liveries for the guns and MOC, etc.).

The weird thing is that one of the first drip feed cars (Vagner/Aston Martin Valkyrie) actually makes very heavy use of downforce. Maybe R* will just boost that setting on the car to high heaven to make up for it.

Of course the cynic in me says maybe R* deliberately knocked the RE-7B down because that was the performance limit they weren't prepared to exceed in the game, and they wanted people to have to buy a new supercar to compete in races. Now they can add a new car at the old RE-7B's performance level and people will just have to buy it.

Speaking of new cars, the current events end today (29th), so we might get a drip feed car or two in about 12 hours time. At the very least we should get Fourth of July stuff (liveries for the guns and MOC, etc.).

Yeah, that's where I went too and at this point I wouldn't put it past them.

I'm not sure, but I think we will get the Insurgent Custom and Technical Custom on 4th of July and after that it will be drip feeded cars every new week

Oh man I'm really glad there's a thread for this!

I picked up an Xbox One S on the sale a few weeks ago after some heavy peer pressure from friends. I've never played a game for the system (or any GTA for that matter) and my friends have been actively helping me out in this game trying to get some good money.

For two to three players are there any particular missions we should try out? We'd rather play in our own group than try to deal with idiots in public lobbies, and the one friend is a CEO so I think we have access to a good variety of missions and things to do. We've been doing a lot of the headhunters one which is pretty easy to make a buck on.

We got the Vagner. It slots in at #2 on Broughy's leaderboard, just behind the Tempesta and just ahead of the Zentorno.

NEW IN GTA ONLINE: THE DEWBAUCHEE VAGNER SUPERCAR, DAWN RAID MODE, INDEPENDENCE DAY MOC LIVERIES & MORE

Thank you to the amazing GTA Online community worldwide – and especially all of you enterprising Criminal Organization bosses masterminding missions from your Bunkers, marauding in your Weaponized Tampas, and boosting through the skies on your Oppressor hyperbikes – for your incredible support for the massive Gunrunning update. In the summer weeks and months ahead, we’ve got lots more fun modes and high-octane vehicles coming your way – starting with today’s special Independence Week drop featuring a futuristic new Supercar, an intense new mode, patriotic liveries and more.

NEW SUPERCAR: THE DEWBAUCHEE VAGNER

d936c072f5fd13779dfe923bd6e281c06329d037.jpg

The future has arrived and it's here to snatch your soul. The Vagner is the latest experiment to escape Dewbauchee's R&D labs and it's designed for one thing and one thing only: speed. The Supercar of tomorrow can be yours today, exclusively at Legendary Motorsport.

NEW ADVERSARY MODE: DAWN RAID

a9e0956fb0d0017c2f54cd83ddaf8f161233ef29.png

In Los Santos, when it’s time to make a profit you do whatever it takes. In this case, that means parachuting from a chopper in the dead of night directly into a crossfire, using thermal and night vision to identify and gun down the opposition, and working with your team to track down the crate containing your tax-exempt profit margin. Time to make the deal.

Gun down your enemies under the cover of darkness as you race to track down highly coveted contraband in Dawn Raid, the newest mode added to GTA Online. Two teams of up to six parachute into a combat zone in search of a transmitter hidden inside of a package. Your objective is to find it and transport it to the evacuation zone. Armed to the teeth and aided with Night and Thermal Vision Goggles, you must utilize the Trackify app to locate the correct package. But be careful, using Trackify makes you vulnerable to enemy fire. Put those multitasking skills to the test in Dawn Raid and earn Double GTA$ & RP in this new Adversary Mode through July 10th.

SPECIAL BONUSES: INDEPENDENCE DAY CONTENT IS BACK, UNLOCKABLE IN-GAME TEES, NEW PATRIOTIC LIVERIES AND MORE

Raise the flag, put your hand on heart, and wipe that red, white and blue tear from your eye – a wave of Independence Day mayhem is erupting across San Andreas. Firework launchers, classic outfits, the Western Sovereign and the Liberator Monster Truck are all back through July 10, and 25% off their original price. Plus this year also brings patriotic new liveries for your Mobile Operation Center and Mk II weaponry to help you flaunt your love of country.

865cad3c2a1bc662c35be6d7cfb5bb350b1ff4e6.jpg

Make some noise for Independence Day in style. Simply log in to GTA Online at any point between now and July 10th to unlock both in-game styles of the Rockstar Noise Tees that debuted at the Rockstar Warehouse this week.

And if you want to take the patriotic party to a hot tub beside a helicopter pad in a boat on the high seas, the dealers at Docktease are running celebratory specials on all Watercraft, including all three Galaxy Super Yacht models, along with 50% off Yacht Modifications:

The Pisces: 25% off
The Orion: 30% off
The Aquarius: 35% off
Yacht Modifications: 50% off
All Watercraft on Docktease: 25% off
Cunning Stunts Clothing & Tattoos: 25% off
PREMIUM RACE & TIME TRIAL SCHEDULES

Pad that Maze Bank account with these Premium Race & Time Trial events:

From June 30th – July 3rd:

Premium Race - "Spinner" (locked to Super)
Time Trial - "Fort Zancudo"

From July 4th – 10th:

Premium Special Vehicle Race - "Atmosphere" (locked to Rocket Voltic)
Time Trial - "Storm Drain"

Launch Premium Races though the Quick Job App on your in-game phone or via the yellow corona at Legion Square. The top three finishers receive GTA$ payouts and all participants are awarded Triple RP. To participate in Time Trials, set a waypoint to the marker on your in-game map and enter via the purple corona. Sizable GTA$ & RP rewards await those who can beat par time.
https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...bauchee-Vagner-Supercar-Dawn-Raid-Mode-Indepe

Thought about getting GTAV for the PS4 during this sale but two things stopped me, R*/T2 being such cunts with mods and having to start with nothing again.

From what I last heard, R* got TakeTwo to reverse their decision on mods and they've stopped blocking/banning that mod service.

Could be wrong but I thought I read that last week.

The Vagner is awesome. It has a really good top speed (top 6 in Supercars) to go with its great traction. I think it'll probably be my go to car for both regular and stunt races.

LycanXIII

Dawn Raid is awful. People don't play the objective, they just take it and run and hide until time runs out. I figured out what they were doing, and where they were hiding, so I hid myself under a bridge. When time ran out and they couldn't find me, they through a fit.

For two to three players are there any particular missions we should try out? We'd rather play in our own group than try to deal with idiots in public lobbies, and the one friend is a CEO so I think we have access to a good variety of missions and things to do. We've been doing a lot of the headhunters one which is pretty easy to make a buck on.
If you're trying to get money as a new player, doing heists with three other people who know what they're doing is the best way. After that, probably the VIP Work stuff (headhunter, siteseer, etc.) if you have a friend who's a CEO or VIP.

If you have a CEO buddy then helping them do crates or steal import/export cars will level you up really fast. You can make good money helping a CEO buddy sell a proper import/export collection, or by helping a MC president buddy doing a big sell of one of their businesses or their bunker (provided they give you an MC title).

Beyond all that, whatever is currently paying double $ is obviously your friend too.

If you're keen on doing contact missions though, I posted some thoughts a few pages back in this thread in terms of which ones I enjoyed:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=235428823

Man, it really chaps my ass that I haven't unlocked rockets for the Oppressor yet. :(
I was leaving my Pro on basically 24 hours a day so that the research was getting produced while I was at work, sleeping, etc. (you could go into passive and then jump on the surveillance cameras in your bunker to avoid being kicked for inactivity). A pretty ridiculous system all round :(

Now that all of the research is out of the way I'm making good money from the bunker though. The bunker supply missions are actually a lot of fun (unlike the sell missions).

Grotti Cheetah Classic (Ferrari Testarossa) is up, $865,000.

In terms of discounts, the previous ones are currently still there (all boats, and the Independence Day vehicles). Double money has finished on Dawn Raid, but I can't see if anything has replaced it.

Edit: it's double money and RP on a new mode called Overtime Rumble. It's basically darts mixed with lawn bowls, but played with Ruiner 2000's :)

I'm seeing some new discounts now, but they weren't mentioned in the latest Newswire, so these might be targeted sales. But anyway, I'm seeing 25% off:
T20
Seven-70
Nightblade

Broughy has tested the Cheetah Classic (Testarossa) and it looks pretty good: very close to Infernus Classic (F40) in both lap time and top speed. Those two are now very closely matched for racing.

Was helping a friend sell the product from his document forgery business when we were set upon by two different CEOs (one and his associate in a Buzzard, the other on an Oppressor). What followed was one of the most fun sell missions I've been involved with, as we travelled in our Half-track from Elysian Island all the way up to Paleto Bay.

It's quite a long video, but only the first 7 mins is the (100% successful) sale. The other 12 mins was where the griefers got their comeuppance :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGYbo1vSkwk

One of the targeted sales I'm currently seeing is for 25% off biker businesses. It's a shame most of them just aren't really viable (especially in comparison to what you can make from I/E vehicle sales and the bunker), because the business interiors are so cool, and some of the business locations are really good too. But I already have a coke business, and the payouts from the others just don't make sense given both the initial purchase costs and time required to properly operate them.

If they all offered similar payouts as the coke business, or had their current lower payouts but unique sell missions (e.g. if a full documents business was a solo sale, etc.) then it might be worthwhile, but despite me having enough cash to buy and upgrade the businesses, and being offered 25% off them, it still doesn't make sense.

I don't know why anyone would buy or operate one any more, given that bunkers offer way better passive money making, and the I/E warehouse offers way better active money making.

Here is a very short video of a lucky drift I had the other day that would make Ken Block cream in his pants.
Haha, that was brilliant! It's a shame it doesn't rain that often in Los Santos, it's a very cool visual change, and it changes up the driving nicely and allows for epic opportunities like that :)

So are we thinking Torero (Lamborghini Countach) or Nightshark (T-98 Kombat) in the update tonight? I've heard that the Technical Custom and Insurgent Custom will come with research additions, so I'm expecting those to come last.

Top Bottom