• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 Press Beta [Prepurchase Is Live]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Yeah, I think a good topic is talking about what things we're going to do differently because of the way this game changes the formula.

I've never played anything but Warrior in an MMO, but thanks to the appeal of all the other classes, I'm probably going to skip it entirely.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Yeah, I think a good topic is talking about what things we're going to do differently because of the way this game changes the formula.

I've never played anything but Warrior in an MMO, but thanks to the appeal of all the other classes, I'm probably going to skip it entirely.
what seriously? i always go warrior for the first five minutes, then mage for the rest of the game. just because that was the hardest class to master.

After experiencing the horrifying increases in XP to level associated with the first two WoW expansions, this makes me want to fly out to Washington and start hugging people at ArenaNet's offices.

When the leveling is done well, I actually enjoy it more than anything else in an MMO. Leveling in TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm was BY FAR the best parts of the expansions for me. I was actually disappointed by the fact that there were only 5 levels in Cata.

GrizzNKev

Banned
what seriously? i always go warrior for the first five minutes, then mage for the rest of the game. just because that was the hardest class to master.

Yeah /:

I loved hammer tanking.

*brofist explosion*

EPIC_BROFIST_by_Stack23.gif

I've been playing a bunch of Guild Wars pvp lately, so I'm really looking forward to how Guild Wars 2 pvp will turn out.

Will there be something similar to Random Arena? I remember them mentioning 5v5 and 10v10 but I don't remember anything being said about RA returning.

Jira

I've been playing a bunch of Guild Wars pvp lately, so I'm really looking forward to how Guild Wars 2 pvp will turn out.

Will there be something similar to Random Arena? I remember them mentioning 5v5 and 10v10 but I don't remember anything being said about RA returning.

Not at launch. They said they've tested every gameplay mode imaginable and Conquest is what they wanted to go with initially. They said they'll put out more modes later.

Jira

I'm gonna be playing a Norn Guardian initially. Though who knows, if I get into the beta I might change my mind entirely after getting my hands on all the classes.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Aww snap! Will you be rolling Guardian too Grizz? We'll turn this shit into Knights of the Round Table if we have to. :D

I'm...actually playing as Elementalist first. Guardian is going to be my second charater (which I'm probably going to make right away to reserve the name I want) so I'll probably be playing Guardian a lot anyway.

Arken2121

I just love the whole knight and righteousness combined with awesome looking plate and big 2 handers. Add some scepter/staff for ranged and I'm drooling.

The first character I made in Guild Wars was a human male warrior so I think I'll probably do the same in Guild Wars 2.

Although I have been experimenting with some Ranger pet shenanigans in GW1 pvp so I might possibly make a Ranger main instead. I'll have to decide when I get my hands on the game.

zulfate

The first character I made in Guild Wars was a human male warrior so I think I'll probably do the same in Guild Wars 2.

Although I have been experimenting with some Ranger pet shenanigans in GW1 pvp so I might possibly make a Ranger main instead. I'll have to decide when I get my hands on the game.

did you have another choice? lol

Valnen

I've been suckered in to wanting this. Don't know whether I'm going Thief, Warrior, or Elementalist though. It'll depend on how gear looks in the game.

Trey

I've been suckered in to wanting this. Don't know whether I'm going Thief, Warrior, or Elementalist though. It'll depend on how gear looks in the game.

Gear isn't restricted by profession, but rather class. Adventurer, Scholar, and some other one which escapes me at the moment that includes the Warrior and Guardian.

Those three professions you named are all in different classes, however, so you may have known that.

Either way, you meant to say Elementalist. Join us, brother.

Hehe, I didn't catch that while writing the post. I'll make female characters sometimes but I always use a male as my main if the character creator is good enough.

From what I've seen of GW2's character creator though, my main's going to be handsome as hell.

Grayman

Gear isn't restricted by profession, but rather class. Adventurer, Scholar, and some other one which escapes me at the moment that includes the Warrior and Guardian.

Those three professions you named are all in different classes, however, so you may have known that.

Either way, you meant to say Elementalist. Join us, brother.
I did not know that. So elementalist mesmers and necromancers can wear the same outfits that look the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom